“Great staff - Great room!”

SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed here on a weekend when there was two soccer teams, lots a cheerleaders and a wedding! The place was full, but you would have never known it! The Staff were very responsive and friendly. The rooms were quite (I worried about hearing the teenagers all night) and nicely furnished. With the kitchenette and couch area, separate from the bed, it was a great retreat for the weekend!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were staying at the hotel for a wedding and flew in very late a couple of nights before the wedding. The hotel was full and the front desk agent was Rick. Rick could not have been a better ambassador of the hotel. He was the most friendly welcoming person. The check in was flawless and he made us feel like we wanted to stay forever. The hotel is spotless and the staff at all times of the day are super friendly. I recommend staying here if you are in the area!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, and located near lots to do. Room had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron, separate bar sink, and hair dryer. AC was easy to figure out. Water pressure was good; soft water. Paul Mitchell products in room. Room was a bit humid. Fast and free wifi. Staff was polite and helpful. Desiree checked us in and was efficient in doing so.
Breakfast was what you'd expect from a free continental. I was disappointed that it was only offered from 7-9am as I needed to leave at 6 for a business meeting one of the days, but didn't bother to ask for an accommodation which it seems they would be more than willing.
Pool/workout rooms were clean but small. Although who utilizes a hotel just for the pool/treadmill anyway.
When I booked I asked for a late checkout and that was promptly accommodated at no extra charge; I called and spoke to John to confirm this. I didn't go into it looking for a luxury hotel at the price listed, so I wasn't disappointed. If you're looking for something clean and comfortable with great staff and attractions close by this is a great little gem. But try out Patachou or Petite Patachou for brunch!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Hotels need to realize that a guests stay can be very dependent on their treatment by the front desk staff as they both check in and during the stay. This SpringHill Suites has the friendliest, most accommodating staff. Every time I walked through the lobby I was greeted! I asked a couple of weird things and they were helpful and just really, really nice people. One evening he even searched for the flavor of sucker that he recommended that we try. One of those little things that made a difference. The hotel itself is lovely and I love the brands room set-up. Even though the hotel was quite busy, it was very quiet and we weren't even aware of it (except at breakfast). It looked like quite a nice breakfast was available as well. Oh and the carafe of ice water with fruit in it in the lobby was perfect after a hot day. I will definitely stay there any time I'm in the area!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bonb1545
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel itself is wonderful and the staff is top rate. The rooms are cramped and poorly designed. The work area is shut off from the other parts of the room meaning you cannot watch TV and work at the same time. The lighting in the work area is a joke and the work lamp is absolutely awful. The location is good and the commons area and exercise room are first rate but the rooms are definitely a deterrent.

Room Tip: Located close to the interstate but route can be confusing if you are not familiar with the area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dennis F
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here while in town for a wedding. Right off main road leading into Indy; easy to navigate into city. Pretty spacious room with couch, desk & comfortable desk chair and kitchenette. My husband thought the A/C switching on during the night was noisy, although it didn't bother me. Note that A/C unit is pretty close to one side of the bed so I got a bit chilly. Difficult to get a completely quiet room as all rooms face a parking lot I think, but we asked for quiet and ended up away from foot traffic and elevators. Beds were pretty comfy and room was clean. Not upscale, but comfortable and spacious mid-range. MUCH bigger than standard hotel room and good layout, i.e. I could work late at night and not bother my sleeping husband as the desk was across the living area and around a corner. Front desk staff was VERY helpful and accommodating and handled noisy late-night wedding revelers across the hall from us promptly and tactfully. Free coffee and tea 24/7 in the lobby, which seems to be the standard these days and if any hotel does not do this, they should. Good complementary breakfast and lots of choices, although I agree with another reviewer that the weekend breakfast hours should extend at least an hour later than they do. All the exhausted wedding guests were stumbling around trying to eat breakfast before 9:30.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet; I'd suggest back of hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My sister came up from Tennessee for a visit. She decided to stay at a motel and we chose Springhill Ste and was very pleased with hospitality and room. The staff was very kind and courteous and the room was clean and comfortable. The best part was the breakfast,it was delicious and well stocked. Only complaint was that the pool was very cold.Other than that would stay there again and would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family