SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
$102
HIExpress.com
$159
$129
All reviewsstayed heretrundle bedfood itemsbacon or sausagenice hotelmarriott pointsfree breakfast in the morningmemorial day weekendoatmealfront desk staffmake your own wafflesthe staff was greatbreakfast buffetking suitekitchen arearoad noisethe staff was extremely friendly
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I decided to stay at the Springhill Suites because I've had good experiences in other cities with the chain. Unfortunately this experience was not like the previous.
Location was good, just a couple of miles of I-465 so my commute was short.
The room was somehow outdated, the carpet had various stains all over. The A/C was very noisy and so was the bathroom vent when switching the lights on. The beds were OK and the mini fridge worked fine.
Breakfast had variety just like any other Springhill.
I guess I will search for other Marriotts around Indy because this is one I won't be returning. Maybe the Residence Inn next door is better although you get half the reward points.

• Stayed: August 2013
GM-SpringHill-Carmel, Manager at SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I apologize that you experienced these challengers with the condition of the carpet in your room during your stay. The hotel has our carpets cleaned professionally twice a year. In addition the scheduled cleaning we will spot clean carpets with our own extraction machine. Clearly we should have addressed the carpet in your room prior to your arrival and for that we are truly sorry. Please contact me as I would love to speak with you personally.

Kind Regards

Jamie Hopwood

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed over the weekend as we were visiting family and friends in the area. Great location, very clean, very quiet, and great breakfast. The only complaint I have is that the breakfast hours on the weekend needed to be extended past 9:30 am. A lot of people were still coming down at 9:30 am to eat and the food was being taken away. On the weekends, it should be until 10:00 am.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Springhill Suites never disappoint- the fresh interiors, efficient layout and even the iPhone charger are amongst my favorite amenities. I can always count on this hotel to be comforting, the complimentary breakfast is great and a nice variety of options! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The hotel is in an excellant location, close to I-465 and to the northern suburbs. We were there for an AAU Adidas basketball tournament, and
were very pleased with our choice. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are comfortable and clean, and the breakfast is very good. The hotel has an indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, and workout area. A complimentery newspaper, and 24 hour coffee only add to the comfort. I wiil stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is the 3rd time in about a year that we have stayed in this hotel (family of four, kids 4 & 7). We love the area and the hotel staff is very nice. They are extremely helpful with recommendations of local places to eat and visit. They will even give you a list of restaurants divided out by types of food with addresses, phone numbers and miles from the hotel. The rooms are typical Springhill Suite rooms. The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. We like having the mini frig, microwave and counter space for cooking. Our room and the halls were pretty quiet. The kids love the indoor pool. It was a little too cold for me, but they didn't seem to mind it. The size was fine and we often had it all to ourselves. The pool area always looked nice and inviting with plenty of towels. Complimentary breakfast helped draw us to this hotel. They have recently upgraded what they offer to many healthy and unique choices like Greek Yogurt, Kashi cereal, fresh spinach, Nutella, and organic honey. While the kids missed the waffle maker and sugary cereal, I was happy with the changes. The breakfast attendant was happy to give the kids each a bowl of their favorite cereal from the back room each morning. The manager, Jamie H., walks through the breakfast area each morning greeting and chatting with the guests.

There are only a few downsides for me. There are no dressers and few drawers to unpack your bags. The only kids TV channel is Nickelodeon, no Disney channel- not the best option for young children, especially in the evening. The alarm clock is one of those really dark ones that you can't read in the middle of the night. Ok for some, but not my preference. Maybe this can be tweaked but I couldn't figure it out.

All in all, we will continue to stay here. The staff really helps make this place for us.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family