“A lot of bang for your buck...Bid on this on priceline!!”

Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed March 11, 2009

I bid forty bucks on a 3-star hotel on priceline & got the Residence Inn. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. The rooms are all suites, I believe. My room had a big living room, couch, TV, full kitchen (stove top, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, plates, forks, etc). It had a bedroom area, vanity/sink area & separate bathroom.

The staff were very kind and friendly. There's a pool & whirlpool and exercise area. There's a free breakfast that included oatmeal, cereal, juice, fresh waffles, fruit, biscuits and gravy, etc.

The only negatives about this hotel are the sound of traffic (since it's located near Meridian Street), the smell & the seemingly paper-thin walls.

As soon as I stepped inside the front doors of the hotel, it smelled musty. That smell was all over the hotel, in the halls & elevator. Also, since there are kitchens in each room, you can smell food all the time in the hallways. But, I could live with that really.

Definitely worth forty bucks a night when it's normally $100!

One more cool thing is that the windows actually open. I've never stayed in a hotel that had windows that opened. It was warm out & really nice to be able to let some fresh air in.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank OpinionExpert

Reviewed February 10, 2009

We've stayed at this property many times--always sharing a 2-bedroom suite with another couple. Can't say enough good things about the hotel and the management--extremely clean, good breakfast selection, quiet (even though we heard a faint dog bark as we passed one of the guestroom doors), welcoming front desk and manager. Had a small problem accessing the internet in the living room, but was able to access it in the bedroom. Management made an adjustment to bill, which I wasn't expecting. This Residence Inn is our hotel of choice when staying in the Indianapolis area and we'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2008

This hotel was very nice. Clean, kept up very well. The mattress seems to be in need of replacing. One complaint I have is there was a dog a few rooms away barking. I called the front desk and they said they would "make note of it." I do not know what that meant.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vbfamily
Reviewed June 24, 2007

We stayed here for four nights while visiting family in the area. The hotel is new and very nice for a Residence Inn. Breakfast buffet was included and it was good two of the days and just Ok the other two mornings. The property has a nice outdoor sports court which the kids loved and the pool and workout room were nice. The staff was friendly and helpful and the location is convenient to Meridian and I-465. I liked the large laundry room located on the second floor. Lots of washers and dryers. It is a great place to stay with kids as the suites are spacious and it was very clean.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed March 28, 2007

I was checked into the hotel for 12 weeks on business and this is hands down the best Residence Inn I have stayed at in all my travels. In fact I got to know the staff so well I even got invited to a wedding! This is a newer property and is much better than the old Residence Inn design, since there are inside corridors and elevators. The Manager's Reception is the best and the beer is always cold. They also have local restaurants cater the food on certain nights. Trust me, as much as I travel if this hotel had any problems I would not have stayed for 12 weeks.

• Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed January 18, 2007

I was so impressed by the cleanliness of our suite, I had to spread the word. The bed covers were spotless white, and for once I didn't feel I had to remove them so as not to have to touch them during sleep. The shower was a delight--shower head not too low; lots of water coming out. The free buffet was a very pleasant surprise. I was expecting little more than sweet rolls, bagels, coffee and fake OJ. But they had scrambled eggs, sausage, make you own waffles, oatmeal, etc., etc.
Very quiet halls.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ohmirose
Reviewed December 1, 2006

We visit Carmel several times a year, and this was our first stay at this Residence Inn. I must say all the reviews I have read have been raving, but again, we all have different standards. This is not up to Residence Inn in my opinion.

We had a one bedroom. They are not nearly as large as the last one we stayed in, and the furniture is cheap and ugly. The bed is the smallest queen I have ever slept in, and thank goodness I took my own pillow.

The breakfast was usually out of everything, and you had to get some very slow moving attendant to get spoons. When they run out of regular plates they don't wash them, you just get plastic.
After two mornings of this we went out to eat.

We stayed at the Doubletree last time, and it was very nice. That would be my recommendation. Also, the Residence Inn is noisy from the outside traffic, and the kids running in the hall at midnight.

Not at all recommended.