“It's ok, but could use some improvements and a sharper eye on operational details.”

Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Its a Residence Inn that could be one of the great ones, if only they paid attention to the little things.
First, lets talk about the great Front Desk staff. Very good employees.
Now for the little things.....
1. Misdirected sprinklers outside. They spray everywhere, just not on the grass. If you need a outdoor shower, you are in the right place. Since Indiana water is full of minerals, your nice clean SUV will be covered in white spots when you leave in the morning. If only they could make those minor adjustments to the sprinklers. Plus the water bill would be lower at the hotel.
2. This next item is not caused by the hotel, but could be addressed more quickly when brought to their attention. We had guests that seem to use the hallways as a giant trash dumpster. Old Food everywhere. Garbage tossed around. You have to wonder about Guests sometimes,
3. Hotel room not really cleaned that well initially. i was wonder if hotel room was checked in and out of without cleaning. We had a broken toilet seats, damaged bathroom door, stained toilet, tissue not folded to Marriott standards,missing bedding,and missing laundry bag. Never had some of these problems at other Marriott's before. Took a few reminders for them to correct and still not corrected. Rooms and common areas had wear and tear issues that could be easily fixed.
4. Breakfast- Major buffet/steam issue with food. Lots of pre prepped foods.A lot of Guests stated the orange juice tasted like Tang and they were right. Just a little more effort in this area and great breakfasts could be created. The retired grandmas that run the Holland,Michigan Residence Inn Breakfast Area Or even the West Chester, Ohio residence inn team would be of great help teaching the staff here how to prepare breakfasts.
To conclude, just a little more attention to the operational details and this could be one of the great Residence Inns, but right now, its a Inn with room for improvement.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Kate H, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your comments and concerns are extremely helpful in our continuous effort to improve our hotel and the services we offer. Firstly, thank you so much for your acknowledgement of our Front Desk staff. They work extremely hard to ensure that our guests feel welcome. We are a home away from home for many of our customers and I am so glad that they were able to make a positive impression.

Just as our Front Desk staff strives to give our guests positive experiences, we also maintain a dedicated engineering team that works to keep the hotel in working order everyday. Thank you so much for letting us know about your concerns with the sprinklers and some room items, we will address them with our maintenance staff in order to come up with a permanent and satisfactory solution.

It is not only our goal to create a welcoming environment to guests, but also to ensure that we are always upholding the Marriott Brand Standards – they are the cornerstone of any Marriott Hotel’s success. Our committed breakfast and housekeeping staff work extremely hard to ensure that the product we provide is exceptional and I apologize that your expectations were not met in this area. Our hotel provides a rotational complementary breakfast to our guests every morning. It always has fresh waffles, oatmeal, and fruit as well as yogurt and a variety of cereals. Daily, there are different meat and entrée options that include French toast, scrambled eggs, and sausage, to name a few. The breakfast staff works tirelessly to ensure that the food is prepared efficiently, safely, and deliciously so that our guests can enjoy a nice meal to start their sure to be exciting days. The concerns mentioned in this area will of course be taken under advisement as we reevaluate our offerings to ensure that we are giving our guests the best quality breakfast.

Our property was built in 2002 and was recently renovated in 2011. The renovation gave a new clean look to the hotel and allows our guests to enjoy our public spaces. We make a collective effort to keep guest to guest disturbances at a minimum. I apologize that you were disturbed by other guests during your stay. The management team does not take such instances lightly and worked to resolve the problem and to clean the mess as quickly as possible.

Finally, I want to again thank you for airing your comments and concerns with us. All of your input will be extremely helpful in allowing us to reach and maintain our ultimate goals as an organization. I hope that next time you find yourself in the Indianapolis area, you will stay with us again and allow us to fully demonstrate the true hospitality that we love to provide to all of our guests. If you would like to discuss any of your points further, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Genuinely happy and very nice welcome from front desk! Room feels very homey and I love the colors, room is clean and spacious! We arrived from a long day downtown at the monument, gardens and zoo- looking forward to a relaxing retreat! Convenient location just north of the city, the drive up Meridian is gorgeous!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kate H, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel here on TripAdvisor! I am beyond thrilled that you had a lovely stay with us and enjoyed our little piece of Indianapolis. Our staff strives to not only make guests feel welcome, but also to provide a clean and happy environment for you to relax – especially after all of the fun you surely had downtown. Carmel is only about 20 minutes from the city center and it only takes one road to get there, nothing easier than that! I hope that you will join us again on your next trip to the area. When you do, please be sure to check out the Carmel sites as well, like the Arts and Design District or the Palladium, for even more fun!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

the outside of the hotel looks nice. once you get to your room its very outdated. the bedroom and kitchen needs to be renovated. the bed is very hard and the kitchen is small. the tv has all the channels you need. the staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: stay away from outdoor common area.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Kate H, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am particularly appreciative that you acknowledged the friendly and helpful staff that we have. They are a dedicated team and strive to make each interaction a positive one. I am, however, sorry for any disappointment you may have experienced during your stay. The Residence Inn by Marriott in Carmel is a recent build, having been constructed in 2002. It also underwent a renovation in 2011 to breathe new life into the property, including the public spaces such as the lobby and Gatehouse. These projects are now well maintained by our dedicated engineering staff. We are continually working to improve our service and products and your opinion is very important to us in doing so. As such, I thank you again for your input and I invite you to contact me directly to discuss further details of your stay.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at this property. After some confusion with the type of room we needed for our family, we almost went across to another Marriott property, but the Residence Inn staff insisted that we stay and upgraded us to a 2-bedroom suite with enough room for all of us. The manager also brought us a little bag of goodies, much-appreciated by the children. Beyond this part of it, however, we enjoyed the spacious and clean room, the free breakfast, the pool area, and the ample parking. I'd definitely stay again when in Carmel. Thanks for the great service!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for making the effort to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Our devoted staff strives to make each stay special and I appreciate your acknowledgement of the product of all their hard work. Social Hour is a complimentary service that we provide Monday-Wednesday, during which guests can mingle with one another as well as management while enjoying a light meal and refreshments. I am so glad that you took the time to engage in this lovely perk of staying at a Residence Inn and that you thoroughly enjoyed it. We would love for you to stay with us again and take full advantage of our social hour the next time you visit our lovely little Carmel!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was very impressed with the cleanliness and the amenities of this hotel. The room was very clean and was offered free drinks and food during the managers reception. The location is excellent in Carmel and had no problems whatsoever. I will return again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Did two nights on business here. Room was fairly clean but the floors and some of he furnature is past due for refurbishment. Staff is also showing wear and only person who showed she liked what she does was Joyce (I believe) in the breakfast area. Had a great smile and attitude. No one else that I came in contact with had that level of guest service.

Room Tip: works well for business in Carmel & N. Indy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

First of all, I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of cleanliness in addition to guest service and I apologize for any disappointment you may have felt. I appreciate your commendation of our breakfast staff. It is extremely important to us that you feel welcomed and supported during your stay. If you would like to discuss your stay with me personally, please feel free to contact me at 317-708-5346.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was there for the Carmel Marathon. It is a great hotel, clean and have a very friendly personnel. The breakfast its excellent and the room had a lot to offer. On the other hand, the beds are small. The walls are paper thin, we were able to hear next door toilet when it was flushed and when the next door people took a shower. It was hard to sleep. Other than that great place with excellent service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I want to first thank you for your review of our property. I am so glad that you had a nice experience with our lovely staff and clean rooms. It is our goal to be the friendliest and cleanest hotel in the area and I am delighted that you enjoyed both during your stay. I do, however, apologize that you were disappointed in the physical structure of the hotel and some amenities. We do our best to minimize discomfort for all of our guests, but difficulty sleeping is far from ideal. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to speak further about your stay with us. Thank you again for your opinion and I hope to see you again next time you visit Carmel.