Its a Residence Inn that could be one of the great ones, if only they paid attention to the little things.
First, lets talk about the great Front Desk staff. Very good employees.
Now for the little things.....
1. Misdirected sprinklers outside. They spray everywhere, just not on the grass. If you need a outdoor shower, you are in the right place. Since Indiana water is full of minerals, your nice clean SUV will be covered in white spots when you leave in the morning. If only they could make those minor adjustments to the sprinklers. Plus the water bill would be lower at the hotel.
2. This next item is not caused by the hotel, but could be addressed more quickly when brought to their attention. We had guests that seem to use the hallways as a giant trash dumpster. Old Food everywhere. Garbage tossed around. You have to wonder about Guests sometimes,
3. Hotel room not really cleaned that well initially. i was wonder if hotel room was checked in and out of without cleaning. We had a broken toilet seats, damaged bathroom door, stained toilet, tissue not folded to Marriott standards,missing bedding,and missing laundry bag. Never had some of these problems at other Marriott's before. Took a few reminders for them to correct and still not corrected. Rooms and common areas had wear and tear issues that could be easily fixed.
4. Breakfast- Major buffet/steam issue with food. Lots of pre prepped foods.A lot of Guests stated the orange juice tasted like Tang and they were right. Just a little more effort in this area and great breakfasts could be created. The retired grandmas that run the Holland,Michigan Residence Inn Breakfast Area Or even the West Chester, Ohio residence inn team would be of great help teaching the staff here how to prepare breakfasts.
To conclude, just a little more attention to the operational details and this could be one of the great Residence Inns, but right now, its a Inn with room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just north of downtown Indy, the Residence Inn Carmel is convenient to I-465 and all major thoroughfares, the Clarian North Hospital, three major malls, and a new water park. Perfect for long stays, we offer pet-friendly, apartment-style suites with full-equipped kitchens, flat-screen TVs, free WiFi and 50% more space than traditional hotel rooms. Don't feel like cooking? Join us each morning for a free hot breakfast buffet. Mingle with friends and colleagues at our weekday evening social with free appetizers and drinks. Other onsite amenities include an indoor pool, 24-hour gym and outdoor Sport Court. Thrive on long stays at Residence Inn Carmel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel Hotel Carmel
- Residence Inn Carmel
- Carmel Residence Inn