“Made me a believer again in INDY hotels”

Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Carmel
Chicago, Illinois
“Made me a believer again in INDY hotels”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Just like the title says. When I started my 100% travel job 4 years ago, all my colleagues, who've been traveling for a LOT longer, would find out where I'm from (Indiana) and tease me about how Indiana has some of the worst hotels in the country (in all categories) but this hotel broke that streak! I stayed here in January of 2012 after it was just renovated, and I have to say, it was great! It was clean, up to date, quiet and the staff was very friendly! (I'd also seen it before it was renovated and yes, it had a dated decor, but it was still very clean). The staff was very upfront about how the 2012 Superbowl was going to cause a lot of people to have to check out as the NFL had reserved a lot of rooms years before hand. I understand how that goes, and I was checking out before all that mess anyway. During the complimentary dinners, I was surprised to see the Director of Sales out and about greeting guests and making them feel at home (First time I'd ever met a Director of Sales at any Marriott Property in my 4 years on the road). Any issues (if any at all) I had, She took care of promptly and helped to accommodate me and my corporate team.

Nearby is a Meijer (Grocery store) and is really convenient. It also has a gas station so you don't have to go driving very far for that kind of thing. Just down the street from the hotel is also the Brockway Public House (Irish Pub) where you can relax in the summer months as they open up their huge front windows (Amsterdam style!) and let the breeze float in. This place has a lot of live music (Check with the Hotel staff to see if they know of the live music nights) and I was surprised to see the band "My Yellow Rickshaw" there! They're awesome! The hotel is also very close to the upscale - downtown of Carmel, IN (Pronounced Carmel, not Car-mell - which is only by the sea in California).

Overall, great clean hotel, friendly staff and great location! Did I mention it's close to Meridian? You can hop on Meridian and go straight downtown to INDY! If you're from out of town, no worries, there is plenty of cheap/free parking downtown and lots to see and do :-)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
jjdru429, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear Todisco,

Thank you so much for all the kinds words about our great Staff and amazing Hotel, also about the wonderful community we work and play in. The Brockway House is one of my favorites.

I look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in town!

All the Best!

Miah Drummond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our dog before I ran the Indy 500 Mini Marathon. We checked in late on a Thursday night, and the front desk staff member gave us information about how to get downtown and where to go. The hotel is close to some good restaurants and shopping. The breakfast is awesome and the pool and whirlpool felt nice after my hot run! Would recommend for business and leisure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank celestialsmith
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Great place to stay on my frequent business trips to Indianapolis. Fresh, inviting rooms, good service, nice breakfast and evening receptions. The only complaint I have is that it's hard to get to, as this area of Indianapolis has the worst traffic-light timing and design I've ever seen. In addition, although the address says Meridian Street, the property is actually on Pennsylvania, and this will likely goof with your Garmin. Other than the odd location quirks, this is a solid business travel option.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank STL_Shuffler
Belchertown, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stayed here for business, nice hotel, good location, would stay again

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank kwake04
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Rooms are modern. Lobby is very nice. Staff is very very friendly.
Good hotel for the price!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rbach
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Super nice clean room with a kitchen. Came to stay for my wife's birthday celebration, and had a great time!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Travis13
jjdru429, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you so much for the comments! Glad you and your wife enjoyed her birthday celebration.

Best Regards,

General manager
Larchmont, NY
Reviewed February 5, 2012

A very nice hotel, large, newly refurbished rooms, a really friendly staff, a nice pool and a a free breakfast that's actually good, BUT if you get a room on the side of the hotel which faces North Meridian Street the noise, in your room, especially on the first floor, can prevent you from sleeping!

It is unfathomable why, when the hotel was renovated a few months ago they did not replace the windows with sound-deadening ones, but they didn't.

Also, despite its address the hotel is not on North Meridian Street; the entrance to the hotel and to its parking lot is on Pennsylvania Street, one block over. If you use a GPS be sure to set it to the correct street. In addition, the sign at the street in small and below that of the hotel across the parking lot, so pay attention.

Get the right room and it is a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Be 100% certain not to get a room on the side of the hotel which faces North Meridian Street, especi...