“Watch Out For Construction”

Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Carmel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Watch Out For Construction”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I love the location of this hotel. There is a Max & Erma's, Jason's Deli, Starbucks and a great breakfast place called Le Pepe all within walking distance. The downside is they are doing major construction on US 31/Meridian Street in Carmel right now. It didn't cause me too many issues but it will force you to use side streets and I recommend trying to travel to/from the hotel during non-peak traffic hours (rush hour). Other than that no issues with this hotel. Always great service at Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
hamptoncarmel, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Nick F,

Thank you for your kind words on your most recent stay. Our location is in a good proximity to a great variety of restaurants all within walking distance. We are glad to hear the construction did not cause you too much trouble coming in. Additionally, we are happy to hear you had great service during your stay. Hope to see again when you are back in Carmel!

Kyle Burton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Manhattan Beach, United States
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Everything about the hotel was fantastic. I arrived in the middle of the night and there was someone there waiting for me who offered me water and asked if she could get me anything or do anything for me. The room was great. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Gloria N,

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay at our hotel. We take great pride in our going the extra mile service and look to continually satisfy all of our guests at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Derwood, Maryland, USA
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Staff are very, very friendly. And that is nice. But this Hampton needs updating. No refrig, no microwave, and only one electrical outlet in the lamp base on the desk. Tough when trying to recharge equipment. No laundry. That was inconvenient since we were in the middle of a 2-week trip. Had to go to a laundromat. Our cleaning person failed to stock our room adequately with replacement paper cups. One day of our 4-day stay, no cups provided at all. Pool was tiny. That seems to be a trend. Room was comfortable and clean but prices seems to be a bit higher than we've come to expect at a Hampton, especially since there was no refrig or microwave. Hampton Inns seem to do a good job of designing inviting breakfast areas.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
hamptoncarmel, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear JC82010

Thank you for your candid feedback as it helps us to continue to focus on areas that may be unsatisfying to our guests. I am truly happy to hear how friendly our team was during your stay. I would like to apologize that your room was not adequately stocked with new cups and will address that with our team so that we may improve upon that particular area. I truly apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations with no microwave or refrigerator in the room you stayed in. We are looking in the future to getting microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms. I am pleased that you were satisfied with the comfort of your room. I hope if you are in town you give us a second chance.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Staff was super friendly and very accommodating. The rooms were clean and surprisingly sizable. The breakfast in the morning was also quite wonderful - and all for a low price! Who could ask for anything more?! I was here for business so when I say "Convenient" I mean "Convenient" for where I had to go for business. But, it was still a great place to stay!

Dear Angela C

Thank you for your kind words! I am very pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay and will share your kind words to our entire team. We strive to have consistently, high quality for all guests to enjoy our hotel. It is our pleasure to accommodate each of our guests' needs. I really am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and hope you come back whenever you are in town for either business or leisure.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Clean facility and friendly staff. Only slight issue was free breakfast was a little "old" when going later for breakfast. This was due to it being a family vacation. I am sure business travelers had very good breakfast. Staff was very helpful and even followed up a call to the room shortly after we checked in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Dear gregorym434

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay. We truly pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our hotel and friendliness of our staff. I want to apologize for breakfast being a little "old," as we uphold a higher standard for all our guests. I will address that issue with our team, as we always want the food to be fresh for all of our guests here. I am very pleased to hear of the front desk following up with you upon your arrival to ensure that you were pleased with the comfort and quality of the room. We hope to see you again sometime soon!

Take Care

Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Staff went beyond expectations to be pleasant and helpful when my credit card needed replacing, and my transportation issues were resolved when I couldn't rent a car. They assured me I would get wherever I needed to be somehow. Each shift was 100% accommodating and welcoming.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hamptoncarmel, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Hello Diane d, Thanks for the feedback from your stay. I appreciate how much you think of our staff and how friendly and helpful they were. We strive to provide the best customer service.

One again, thanks for the great feedback. We hope you visit us again if you're in the area!

Radell Green
Carbondale, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Excellent Value and location. Staff friendly and efficient. Rooms clean and internet accessible. Lobby has places to sit and read. Coffee and bottle water available in lobby. Ample parking. Close to Indianapolis.

Dear Paul D,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for choosing our Hampton and writing such a kind review. It is easy to be friendly and helpful when we have such wonderful guests. It is very important to us to provide you an environment that is clean, comfortable, and safe.

Once again, thanks for the positive review. I hope that you visit us again while in the area.

Radell Green
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carmel
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carmel - Westfield
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel
Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel? Share your experiences!