“Quality Italian in Indy Suburbs, Who Would've Thought?”
Review of Pizzology

Pizzology
Ranked #38 of 273 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pizzology Craft Pizzeria believes that everyone deserves delicious Pizza made with local, seasonal, ingredients. We support farms that utilize sustainable farming practices to make our award winning wood fired pizzas. We make our cheeses, sauces, sausages, and many other artisan ingredients in house. Come in and give us a try!
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am not sure what the complaints are from previous reviewers about the price, but at less than $15 for a pizza that feeds 2-3 people, Pizzology is significantly cheaper than my neighborhood deli/pizzeria in Austin. This isn't Little Caesar's after all, this is real pizza, thin crust Neopolitan style pizza with quality locally sourced ingredients.

We had the Kentucky Rome and it was a perfect combination of sweet (figs) and salty (proscuitto) and slight bitter (arugula). I'm a big fan of bitter greens, so I would've liked to see some broccolini in place of the arugula (for added texture, too!) We were also impressed by Pizzology's large selection of local beers on draft, hubby enjoyed a pint of Flat 12 IPA which complemented the white pizza well.

We also had 3 scoops of gelato for dessert (again, super cheap! $5 for 3 scoops!) I am not sure if the gelato is housemade, but it was true to the flavors (blueberry gelato tasted like real blueberries) and not too sweet, though the texture wasn't perfectly creamy (had some icy crunch in it).

Service was very friendly, the place was only about half full for lunch on a rainy Sunday.

If I lived in Indy, I'd be a regular at Pizzology. The lone diner next to us had a bowl of enviable risotto. Wish I would've had room in my stomach for more.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have been hearing about this place for awhile. I made the 45 minute drive to check it out. Oddly enough the outside of the restaurant is very dark - it makes you think it may be closed. We were there on a Friday night around 9:00 pm and the crowd wasn't bad at all. We ordered the Fried Green Tomato as our appetizer. I was disappointed with the fact that we only received ONE fried green tomato. Yes, it was very tasty but for $10.00 I would expect more than ONE. We ordered the sausage pizza and it was delicious!! There is something unique about their sausage - It is amazing. The crust and pizza sauce were the best. I am surprised to see people complain about the price of the pizza here - I thought it was very reasonable for the quality of the pizza. I should also add that the service was great!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The pizza at Pizzology was horrible! It was overpriced, burnt, and hardly had any flavor! The staff screwed up my order too. The only good thing about Pizzology is a clever restaurant name.

5  Thank Kayla B
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Good pizza, along with other dishes. They tend to be slow making it. On the expensive side,although it's also not Pizza Hut! The motor-scooter theme decor leaves me intrigued. Music plays in the background--not blaring, hooray!
The sidewalk is not level, so wheelchair entry can be a bit of a problem, but once in the door, good seating that is accessible.
No reservations or delivery, take-out available.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

When the pizza is made correctly it is great. But sometimes it is overcooked or under cooked. One time it was not stretched out enough so it became a thick crust pizza, horrible. i told the owner but he did not seem to care.

Service is the worst part. It is very slow and they never seem to be able to keep their staff.

There salad used to be good but every time I went the topping seems to be less and less. The lunch special started off with toppings that changed daily then to just oregano, the to just cheese and the price went up each time.

If you go, I hope they make the pizza properly that day. Try the Old Kentucky Rome. Also their bread sticks are very good.

5  Thank eaglebrian