“Great location, good bar food”
Review of Detour An American Grille - CLOSED

Detour An American Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have eaten outside and have had reasonable meals. The location on the MOnon is nice especially when there is music outside. I have had several meals here including burger's, tenderloin and even the salmon. In each case it was fine. The service is mediocre, but on a summer evening, with a drink in hand, what's the hurry?

Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you like bar food, you may like the food here. If you like really crappy service, you will love the service here. Even if the food was good, I don't think that I would go due to how bad the service is. Whether you eat in or order carry out, you deal with terrible service. The staff is incredibly clueless and rude. Expect your order to get messed up and to be treated poorly.

1  Thank Fuma P
Reviewed June 2, 2012

More TV screens than you can wave a stick at but the fish dishes we chose were good. One item we chose off the menu was no longer available - poor management.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have been to Detour twice at lunch. I had a soup and sandwich both times. The turkey sandwich was okay, nothing fancy. The grilled cheese was great. I know that sounds silly to have a grilled cheese at a restaurant unless you are a kid, but man it was good! The broccoli cheese soup was ALMOST as good as my mom's. It didn't taste like the pre-packaged stuff. I would love to go and eat a big plate of nachos sometime. I give it a 4 out of 5 due to the prices. I think they could be a little lower, and the service is slow at times.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

But the food is average at best and the service is poor to non existent. Everything about the restaurant screams that should work from the location to the menu but they just do not pull it off.

I got the Burger and it is just the meat swimming in grease without any flavor. I also got the vegetable, as I am not a fries person, and they appeared to have been microwaved and for far too long.

If you are downtown Carmel I would recommend you try one of the other options as this might be the worst restaurant down there.