“Overpriced, I expected way more.”
Review of Blu Moon Cafe

Blu Moon Cafe
Ranked #33 of 259 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Overpriced, I expected way more.”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was very dissappointed in this place. I went here for my birthday. Both my husband and I got sandwhiches and it seemed really pricey for what we got just for lunch. We traded halfs and I wasn't pleased. Their suban was mediocre and lacked taste, their mexican torta also seemed pretty bland. I can understand why this place is popular with the local wealthy house wife and business crowd, but I just wasn't impressed. I feel like you pay for the atmosphere and pay for their rent in the carmel design center. We won't be back.

Visited December 2012

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great atmosphere, excellent deli salads”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I've been to the Blu Moon for lunch now perhaps 5-6 times, most recently on Friday, August 24, 2012. It's attached to the Indiana Design Center a block or two from the main drag of the Carmel Arts District.

Decor and atmosphere is stylish and airy, with very high ceiling and tall windows allowing in plenty of light. A relaxing environment, staff that is friendly and welcoming.

Large outdoor dining area under a robust awning is a good option for warm weather (although summer in Carmel has been a bit too hot for this of late).

We've found their deli salads - curry chicken, chickpea and olive, "'rainbow" coleslaw, tuna salad, etc to be reliably delicious and I often stick with the "trio" plate of three salads.

Also a favorite for us has been the half-sandwich and salad plate.

In general sandwiches have also been very nice, although once or twice I've had a sandwich-of-the-day that was a bit dry to my taste.

Can highly recommend for a casual lunch near Arts District in Carmel.

• Visited August 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“great neighborhood eatery”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

we grabbed a quick bite to eat and were very pleased with the quality and quantity of food the variety is fun and fresh ….coffee is excellent..service helpful and warm a fun place to meet or take out...

Visited April 2012
Indianapolis
“Great coffee...better biscuits and gravy”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Love to visit Blu Moon for breakfast. The coffee is excellent! But their biscuits and gravy is incredible. They go for a red gravy that superb. A hearty comfort meal with incredible coffee. Also a great place to park with your computer and get some work done.

• Visited April 2012
Carmel, Indiana
“Fresh, friendly and tasty food”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

You can't go wrong with anything you order. I love the breakfast sandwich ( make my own and is served after 11:00am also). Uses fresh produce and meats, the salads are great and creative ( chicken, tuna, pasta, broccoli,and others). Great selection of tea and coffee. I like to eat breakfast here ( because I have to have veggies) but would make it for a perfect spot for lunch too. And if you are not into healthy leaving, there are some wonderful bakery items and cakes freshly made for you :-) A plus for me is that they treat the employees really well and is locally owned!

• Visited June 2012