“A really great stop for breakfast.”
Review of Michael's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Michael's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
“A really great stop for breakfast.”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

So many things you just can't find anymore. Great service! Prices are very reasonable. Many choices on the menu ... And it all came out hot and really good. All of us commented on what a great meal. We go out every week and I'm always in search of a great diner. A place where the owners cook and care about what you eat. This is that place. Many fine things in Carmel ... Look around and enjoy.. (Bub's and the Meat market across the street are a couple of my favorites.) But BEFORE
You get all caught up... Drive a few blocks west on main street and eat at MICHAEL'S best we've had in a long time...
It will make the others step up their game...

2 Thank Daveandshirley

Mafra, Portugal
“If It's Wednesday, It Must Be Eggs Benedict”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I found Michael's while looking for a place just for coffee within walking distance of where my car was being serviced. It didn't take me long to order breakfast. There's a special every day, and as it was Wednesday, I ordered the Eggs Benedict for 5.95 (regularly 7.95). It's my go-to brunch dish, and I've had it at some pretty fine restaurants (for three times the price), but none compare: the yolks were perfect, no taste of vinegar, smooth Hollandaise, and the Canadian bacon was sweet and tender. Owner Michael was on site, and my server Mickey was attentive and cheerful without overdoing it. To top it off? No run of the mill--pun intended--java here...they pour Seattle's Best (although offer Folger's for those who prefer it).

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank TriciaPimental
Carmel, Indiana
“Powerfully good breakfast!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I'm miserable if I don't eat here every week or two. Breakfast is wide-ranging and, more important, delicious. Their Greek omelet is the single best breakfast dish I have ever eaten. Filled with tasty, tender gyros and feta cheese, it will take your breath away, it's so good.

The place isn't fancy, but it's very comfortable. Even when it's packed, the acoustics are such that you can carry on a conversation with others at your table, making it a great place to enjoy with friends and family.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank mikemorone
Indianapolis IN
“Great family restaurant”
Reviewed April 1, 2010

We dine here at least one lunch a week. The servers take good care of the customers, most are regulars too. They are always friendly. Michael is always there interacting with his guests.

Food is always good. Lots of choices in breakfasts. Being Greek, Michael has several good gyro dishes including a couple of breakfasts. Good homemade soups.

2 Thank BaldLoonie