All reviewscinnamon rollsihg propertiesdesk agentmini fridgeroom was cleanclay terracerecommend this hotelgrand parkstaff was very friendlyhiewalmartkeurigconveniencefacility
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Wife was a vender at the holiday bash in this hotel so we came the day before and stayed the night. I booked over the phone and asked three times for a suite. When I checked in I double checked that I was in a suite. A suite described on the website was 1 king or 2 queens with a sleeper sofa. Got to the room no sofa. Would have complained if I had paid full price but I had got a good deal on the room. Still I said four times the word suite when booking and checking in. After settling in went to the pool. Water was cold, much too cold for an indoor pool in the winter. I stayed for a few minutes before I couldn't take it any more. Went to room for a shower and the towels were some of the best I have ever used. Bed was very comfortable and the room temp was good. Staff was very friendly and nice and the breakfast was good, pancake machine was having trouble but there was a lot of other food to choose from. All in all it was a pretty good stay.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Kevin O, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carmel - Westfield, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carmel-Westfield. We are pleased to hear that we have accommodated your needs not only with your stay but the Holiday Bash was a success. Your feedback is crucial to us, as this has been brought to our reservations departments attention. We will ensure that your feedback is addressed. We value your loyalty to the IHG brand, and do hope to see you in the near future. If you do have any questions or concerns please do contact me at gsmcwexpress@gmail.com.

gsmcwexpress@gmail.com

Reviewed November 8, 2017

There wasn't anything remarkable or offensive about this property. We were able to book a room on short notice for one night, so that was great for us. Location was convenient. Comfortable enough room, not fancy, but decent. We didn't have any special requests, so nothing to report. There was a middle/high school age boys baseball team staying there, so I hoped we weren't on the same floor. We weren't so it wasn't a problem. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Not much view from any rooms at this property.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carmel-Westfield. We are pleased to hear that we have accommodated your needs as far as your stay. We value your feedback, as we do strive to meet all of your expectations. We value your loyalty to the IHG brand, and hope to see you in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns do email me at gsmcwexpress@gmail.com.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Not sure what is going on with the decore, but felt like we were stepping back in time. Look at room pictures to see time warp room.
Room had overbearing smell from their cleaning solutions. Something new they got.
Humidity in room 208 was terrible. Couldn't take shower because it would only make humidity higher in room.
A/C was noisy when it clicked on to cool. Had shirt by a/c. Went to put on and it was wet!
Between smell, humidity, and a/c noise we got very little sleep.
Breakfast was good. No waffles...probably because electric in breakfast area is not strong enough. Lady went to go make toast (breakfast lady was in kitchen area so she may have had her microwave going at same time as toaster) and circuit popped. Took about 6 minutes to get electricity back to room. Meanwhile quest made her toast in hallway.
To make matters worse pool was closed. If I wanted a no pool motel I would have booked one. I paid extra to have a pool but didn't get one.
I Would Not Recommend room 208 to anyone! What a waste of $160!!!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carmel - Westfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Dear KathyL6200,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by our air-conditioning system and for not living up to your expectations regarding our rooms, pool and breakfast selection. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments for reference. In addition, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Comfortable beds. New thick towels. Very clean. Friendly staff. The breakfast needed more choices. The food offered was fine but most holiday inn express hotels generally offer more for breakfast

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carmel-Westfield. We are pleased that your stay was enjoyable, as we strive to always meet your expectations. We value your feedback, as I will be bringing this to out teams attention as we will be figuring out more choices as for the breakfast standpoint. We value your loyalty to the IHG Brand, and hope to see you in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns do contact me at gsmcwexpress@gmail.com.

gsmcwexpress@gmail.com

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Love is in the details and there is no attention to detail here. Asked to check in one hour early - NO. Asked for top floor - NO. Asked for late check out - NO. Our room was so musty, mildewy and damp. The air conditioner unit ran super loud and strange, and the fan in the bathroom sounded like a scene from a horror movie. No night light in the bathroom. White smear marks (that could have easily been wiped down) all over the room wall. Opened the fridge and water spilled out from it all over the floor. Literally when we walked into the room at arrival there was a spider crawling on the bed... no lie! The staff was extremely rude... ZERO customer service skills. No smiles. Didn't seem like they had any knowledge of the hotel industry. That's why I didn't even bother complaining about our issues. I didn't wanna spoil our time dealing with amateur ignorant staff behavior. We traveled with other families and they had similar issues especially with hotel staff behavior.

I will say though that the beds and bedding were comfortable and the breakfast was decent and coffee was strong.

However, I would not stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank takme2paradise
Amber I, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carmel - Westfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
I want to apologize that you had issues with your room being musty and that the fan was loud. We are currently going through management changes and are in the process of remodeling our property. However, I am glad that you found our beds to be comfortable as well as enjoyed our hot breakfast. Please contact me as I would like the opportunity to make this right for you as this is not our level of satisfaction.
Amber Inlow