“More than we expected”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Carmel
Beavercreek, Ohio
“More than we expected”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We booked a room at this hotel because we were attending a concert at Purdue University which was about a hour away. We stopped to check in on our way to the concert so we wouldn't have any surprises when arriving late. A VERY pleasant and professional staff welcomed us. We immediately went to our room to find it very clean and well kept. On our way out we stopped at the desk to ask about a local restaurant and left with directions and recommendations.

Upon returning in the early morning we were again greeted by a pleasant staff. Our room was on the first floor and very close to the fitness room and pool. I thought I would hear a lot of foot traffic but didn't. I was surprised very early by paper thin walls and ceiling. I heard my neighbors alarm, shower, hair dryer and TV. The neighbor above me appeared to be dribbling a basketball for most of the early morning.

Breakfast was OK and my son loved the pancake maker. Our only complaint were the egg "omelets". They were rubbery and cold (the cheese wasn't even melted). It was average, no additional charge and I didn't have to go out and get it....so I'm not going to complain.

I did have to address an error on my bill and it was taken care of very quickly. Someone apparently purchased some chips and they were put on my room.

I would recommend this hotel if you are not a light sleeper and can get a room on the 3rd floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This Hotel is NOT a Holiday Inn Express -- it's a Holiday Inn -- and it's a very nice one! It's very clean, the beds were excellent. We didn't hear any noises from the highway or from anywhere for that matter. Even the air conditioner was quiet. The food was EXCELLENT! We ate both supper and breakfast there and everything was very good (some of the best french onion soup!!) Everyone there was extremely friendly and courteous. The property is very nice and as others mentioned, the courtyard is very nice as well. There's some great apple picking at Stucky's Farm just about 9 miles away. We would come back to this hotel if we were in the area again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my family the night before the Indy 500. We got a suite which was perfect - separate bedroom with a door which is always appreciated.

Hotel met my expectations for a Holiday Inn Express. Bathroom was adequate and functional.

Morning breakfast was perfect for us - plenty of different kinds of food for everyone to choose from.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank NDHurdles
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nice property, walking trail nearby. Close to interstate system so right where we needed it. Very comfortable and clean from rooms to lobby to courtyard. No complaints from us. We didnt eat or drink at the restaurant or bar, but area appeared comfortable and clean. Of course soccer tournament close by which is typical for the Carmel area, so lots and lots of 10-12 year old girls in pool and hot tub in evening so we really didnt get to enjoy that part. We were looking for peace and quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Zionsville, Indiana
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure why the former poor ratings from this hotel being a Country Inn are carrying over but this new property from Holiday Inn is great! Updated, modern, good location for accessing 465 and fairly close to great restaurants in downtown Zionsville or a little North on Michigan Road.

• Stayed August 2013
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Directly off the highway and near a lot of good food choices. The free breakfast left us lukewarm, so we went to a restaurant for breakfast after the first day. Staff was very pleasant, room was clean with frige and microwave. Bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Glen Ellyn
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I cannot believe this place. a brand new hotel opened in MAY. got to Breakfast an hour before it was supposed to end. they were out of Hot Food. the Pancake maker was broken and they had no other hot food?

You know how many people are staying there, You new the pancake maker was out of order? so how can you not plan and please your guests?

The person working the kitchen just left when I asked the front desk sorry we ran out only cereal left?

Unbelievable. Know I know why I typically do not stay at holiday inn's .

Oh additionally walls are paper think Baby next door started Crying at 7am and never stopped. till after 9:30.

Room Tip: stays somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 456daveR88
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indianapolis North - Carmel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear 456daveR88,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am truly sorry to hear that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carmel
Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis C...
#16 of 179 in Indianapolis

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indianapolis North - Carmel? Share your experiences!