“Wedding rehearsal Dinner”

Woody's Library Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 262 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Indiana
“Wedding rehearsal Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We enjoyed our son's wedding rehearsal dinner here on Friday evening. Natalie, the event planner, was very accomodating, and easy to work with. She printed special menus for our evening group of 26, and even included a special wish for the bride and groom at the top, making it extra nice. We all arrived there at the same time, coming right from the Church. It was a bit confusing at first, as they had our tables set up in a small seperate area of the restaurant, and no one came to take a drink order. My husband and I, after waiting about 15 min. (which seemed like forever b.c we wanted our guests treated special), approached Travis, the manager. He explained we needed to place our orders at the bar ourselves. After that bit of craziness, things got much better. The waitresses came out, and did a great job. Our food was delicious, hot, and tasty. We got to choose 4 entrees to offer our group. My chicken piccata was the best I've ever had. I also had tomato bisque soup that was great. The desserts were good too. Lots of ambiance in this restaurant. Everyone left happy.

• Visited October 2012

Noblesville, Indiana, United States
“Cozy & good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We ate here last night for the 2nd time. The first time we sat in the bar downstairs and last night we ate upstairs. We prefer upstairs atmosphere and got much better service with our server, Heather. She was attentive and cheerful :).
All of us had delicious entrees & the appetizers were great: ham & swiss bites & Cheese fondue. We would go again. :)

Indiana
“One of the best places in the "best small community"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

The title refers to Money Magazine's recently naming Carmel, Indiana the "best small community" in America. This town is, quite literally, unique and Woody's is one of several fine restaurants. I recently began eating Vegan so I didn't bother with the menu, although I've eaten there several times and enjoyed lots of meat and cheese. I simply asked our very capable server to suggest something, perhaps a salad, with no dairy nor meat. She brought a wonderful salad that included greens, fruit and a tasty oil and vinegar combination. Oh...and I ordered a long island iced tea for accompaniment, which was great. Give Woody's a try, plenty of free parking nearby then enjoy a stroll in Carmel's Arts and Design District.

1 Thank HoosierTravelers08
Hudson, Ohio
“Nice dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stopped in after my daughter's tennis tournament and enjoyed a yummy dinner. My daughter had a burger with waffle fries - juicy and a nice big portion. I had the tuna and an endive salad. Yum!

Indianapolis
“Good Vegetarian Food in Carmel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We don't make it up to Carmel very often, so when we knew were were making the trek up, I planned a whole date night for us. I have to admit, I've been ogling this menu online for several months now, and had several hypothetical conversations about "the next time we are up in Carmel...", because really? A vegetarian AND a vegan section in menu? This lady was sold!

Well we finally made it here, and the hostess, who also ended up being our server, gave us the option of eating upstairs, downstairs, or outside. We told her we'd never been there before, so she told us to go ahead and check out the place before making a decision. After roaming around for a bit, we decided on upstairs, and she sat us right away. The food was really good - I had the vegetarian pot pie and my husband had some pasta dish that had an aged balsamic on it, and I also had their current wine special, which was a dry rose. I'm not typically a rose girl, but a dry rose is a horse of a different color, and not something you frequently see on a wine list. Big thumbs up for that!

Our server was also very friendly, and once she found out I'm library school, she told us a lot about the history of the building and some of the cool things they've found and some of the original features that are still there. She also realized that the Sahara-like weather we've been having makes me want to drink water like a camel, and just brought and left a decanter of water for me after I drained two glasses pretty much immediately. She was awesome.

• Visited July 2012