$129
$124
$119
$127
$119
All reviewsanna lynnb bsmonon trailgreat place to godesign districtgas fireplacesafe neighborhoodindianapolis areawalking distancehostspalladiumbeddingaccommodationsbusiness
Reviewed August 18, 2015

Loretta and Doug, the owners, were exceptionally accommodating and our stay was delightful. When we arrived, Doug met us in the driveway with the offer to help with our luggage. As we entered their home, Doug pointed out the 24-hour coffee and tea service. We inquired about the availability of skim milk for the tea. Doug thought they had none, but in the morning a small pitcher of skim milk miraculously appeared.

At breakfast, we discovered that Loretta had gone to the trouble of preparing a separate dish of apple crisp "without nuts" to accommodate my wife's allergy.

The house is pristine, the beds very comfortable (no quilts as someone else mentioned), and the breakfast was indeed "gourmet" - several types of juice, homemade apple crisp, sausages from the local butcher, blueberry pancakes with lemon zest, eggs with chives from the garden, and freshly brewed coffee. Delicious!

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2015 via mobile

Used TripAdvisor to find a B&B halfway between Columbus & Chicago, and the previous ratings ALL were right on. Great, friendly, helpful hosts. Extremely clean and neat house. Fabulous made from scratch breakfast (accommodating to gluten free). Location is walking distance to shops, dining, and trails.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2015 via mobile

My husband & I were traveling from NY to Wisconsin making different stops along the way & found this wonderful spot between 2 of our planned stops. What a treat! Carmel is a nice little town that has a lot to offer from restaurants & art to the great Monan Trail to enjoy the great outdoors.
But the B&B was a great place to go after enjoying the local area. It is impeccably clean, the bed is so comfortable,the home made breakfast items were amazing & the owners Doug & Loretta were so kind & helpful. My gluten allergy did not hinder having delicious pancakes & homemade strawberry shortcake, what a treat!
If you have a chance to visit Carmel, Indiana, I highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2015 via mobile

This was my first experience at a bed and breakfast and I could not have been more impressed. From the moment we pulled into their driveway, we felt pampered. Doug and Loretta are the perfect hosts. They were friendly, and made us feel at home. Located just off the Monon Trail, the B&B was perfectly distanced from food, shopping, and the Arts District. We left our car at the house and walked everywhere. Breakfast was incredible! This could not have been a better stay for us, and we have a desire to return.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2015

I recently had a business trip to Carmel, Indiana and wanted to stay the night close to the center of town. There were no hotels close so I looked for a B&B and luckily found OLD TOWNE CARMEL B&B. What a beautiful place of calm and hospitality. The room was well-designed with plenty of sun and room and furnishings. It was comfy and private with a bathroom that was just right. The front porch with hanging ferns and rocking chairs was the perfect place to really exhale while sipping coffee and reading the paper. The breakfast was, hands down, the best I've ever had at ANY B&B ANYWHERE...kudos to Loretta (cook/owner). Doug & Loretta made the place feel like the home of a good friend or family member...and my business trip became a mini-vacation...I will certainly return.

Room Tip: The three rooms, two facing the west and one with north and south windows, are all bright and sunny.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business