“What an amazing hotel for the money!”

Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Carmel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 15, 2009

This hotel was amazing. We were traveling and stumbled upon this hotel. The weekend rate was amazing low for such a great full service hotel. The bedding was wonderful and the hotel was great! It was also very quiet. If I were ever back in the area, I would stay there again without question!

• Stayed: June 2009

Reviewed June 3, 2009

Clean property, elequent surroundings, comfortable beds, outstanding service, and NIKKI in the Club Lounge. She's the best concierge I've ever experienced! I travel constantly for a living and the hospitality I received, from Nikki and trhe staff at this hotel should be experienced by ALL!! Finally, a 5 star service in Indy!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Stayed here one night while attending the Indy 500. Friendly staff, very new and clean hotel, great bedding. The bathroom is a little tight for two people but that is a minor inconvenience. Charlestons Restaurant (north on Meridian a couple of miles) is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2009

I was here for a 2 night stay. After trying the Downtown Marriott, and the the Marriott East (yes I am a Marriott rewards member) -I was very discouraged and was considering going to a Holiday Inn Express or the Conrad (although the Conrad never meets my per deim). When I found this property. My work has me going south of downtown so admitedly this is a longer drive in the morning for me -but Indianapolis doesn't have the traffic of other major metropolitain areas so the drive is really not an issue.
Living up the the Renisannce Brand name -the hotel is clean, sleek and modern. The staff was great -in that they knew the answers to the questions I asked about a place for dinner, and were able to get the extra in my room I needed without being called twice. The service I recieved at this property will ensure I return to it. Unlike the Marriott downtown Indianapolis which is akin to staying at Grand Central Station -with the disposition of the staff to match or the Marriot East.
I would recommend this property -the Carmel area has a lot to offer for the traveler. Parking is a non-issue, there's a Buca De Beppo near-by (relatively), and property is new and the staff are nice. I did use the gym -also new and not broken, I did not try the on-site resturant, but I did use the concierge lounge -and that was also good -well stocked w/a gracious host.
-Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Windsor999
Reviewed February 16, 2009

The Renaissance is spacious and a nice place for a business stay. I stayed here and held business meetings here as well. Overall, there are many positives about this hotel. It's new (built less than a year ago), clean and well taken care of. The staff is friendly and happy to assist you. I liked the hotel room as well. The bed was very comfy, and there was also a large desk that was plenty big enough to do some work on. I thought this place was an excellent value ($155/night). Downstairs, there's a large lobby area with plenty of seating, as well as a restaurant and a bar area with large TVs.

Their meeting rooms are professional and well-equipped. We needed both a projector and screen for a PowerPoint presentation and a polycom for a teleconference, and they were able to easily accommodate both. We also asked them to cater in breakfast (bagels, fruit, coffee, etc) and lunch (salads and sandwiches) and the food and service were good. They have several meeting rooms that you can reserve -- this would probably be a good place for a conference.

There aren't many restaurants or shops within walking distance (it's kind of in suburbia), but plenty if you have a rental car. We drove about 10 minutes and had dinner at Fleming's Steakhouse, which was great!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank sun-days945
Reviewed January 13, 2009

We visited this hotel purely for pleasure and just to check it out. We had watched it's construction during several trips to Indianapolis. The facilities are beautiful and the beds are to die for.

We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet. If you can't find what you want on the buffet they are willing to fix it for you. I asked for 1 pancake and got one that filled the plate. Selection on the buffet is wonderful.

The staff was so helpful. There were a couple of large events at the hotel on Saturday evening and it was still so quiet in the halls. Never heard a peep out of any of the other rooms.

We will be returning for another stay very soon.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roxegirl
Reviewed December 6, 2008

I am here for business about once per month. What a pleasurable experience. Everything is new, clean and quiet. The staff is really friendly and it is great to have a hotel in Carmel with room service.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JGHDenver