“Excellent Service, Good Rooms, Great Amenities”

Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Carmel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Service, Good Rooms, Great Amenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

The service was phenominal. Everyone had a smile on at all times, were extremely, genuinely polite, and went out of their way to help at every turn. When the restaurant didn't have a record of the free breakfast with our room, the waiter simply took our word for it and gave us the vouchers for the two days. That's no small favor as breakfast is about $17pp otherwise because of the very nice, fresh spread they put out.

We had an anniversary dinner at 39 Grill as well, and again the service was top notch. The food was unexpectedly great (I say that only because the reviews are mixed) as well.

The 24 hour fitness room and the pool are both very clean and more than adequate.

The rooms themselves are okay, nothing jaw dropping. They could use some aesthetic updating with things like colors that aren't so drab and 90's, but, I'm nitpicking. The rooms are clean, the towels are soft, they use Aveda products, and the rooms are well sized.

It is a 30 minute drive to downtown Indy, which isn't ideal, but there wasn't a ton to do down there anyway. If I ever come down to Indy again, which I pray I don't have to, I'll gladly stay at the Renaissance again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rajiv H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

I spent two wonderful nights at the Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel. This was my first time staying in the Carmel area. I usually prefer to stay downtown but with the Drum Corps World Championships and the MotoGP race going on my preferred places were booked to capacity. I arrived to find a warm and inviting lobby, The front desk staff were friendly and the check in process was very smooth and quick. The bar area was quite busy with well dressed folks enjoying cocktails. The bartenders were quite friendly and I indulged in a very nicely concocted dirty martini or two. My room was immaculate and the bed was very comfortable. The Aveda bath products were appreciated. I found the hotel to be very convenient to Fashion Mall and several restaurants. The next time I am in Indianapolis I will be staying at the Renaissance.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Marcus L
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last year. Our visit then was good, but there were a few things that could have made it better. Those little things were corrected with this visit and we had a great time! The hotel was very clean. Last time we experienced smells, but this time there were no smells at all. The last time we couldn't use the lounger in our room because it had a stain on it. This time the lounger was clean which was a plus. We had a welcome gift waiting for us in the room which was a nice touch as well. We also tried Grille 39 this time as it was very good. The assistant GM also called us prior to our checkout to make sure everything had gone fine during our stay which my wife and I appreciated. Anytime we are in Indy we will definitely stay here. You are only about 15-25 minutes from Indy depending on where you are going and the drive is worth it not to have to pay parking at the downtown Indy hotels. Compare this hotel with others and you will see it is worth it over others. The free wifi on the weekends was also a nice touch.

Room Tip: Free wifi on the weekends, not during the week.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We spent one night at this property, and am I glad I paid attention to the TripAdvisor Reviews.
A very clean, quite place to stay. The 39 Grill, the restaurant located in the hotel, was also very clean, and the food was great. Next time we are in Indy, and not doing a park, stay and fly, we will be staying at the Renaissance!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert G
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We checked in for one night only in June 2014. The lobby was very clean and enormous. The staff were very helpful in letting us know how to get to the Banquet Hall. Our meal was excellent as were the cocktails in the lounge.
Our room was nice and clean. A large King size room. Bathroom was a bit small for me, but mine at home is larger than most bedrooms. So any bathroom will seem small to me. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows.
Overall a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I gave a second chance to this hotel and it didn't disappointed me. Great hotel in Carmel and 5 minutes away from restaurants and shops.

Room: this time without even needing to ask twice I got a refrigerator waiting for me (much needed during summer). The room was spacious and the bed was super comfortable with extra feather pillows.
Service: great service at the lounge on the top floor if you have access. It's open almost all the time with drinks and food available. The people at the front desk always very helpful and attentive on trying to resolve my needs.

I would only recommend to add another set of laundry machines and in a better place. When the hotel is full is almost impossible to do your laundry.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Nicolas M
Irving, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Everything looks nice in this hotel, good customer service, but the rooms stunk! My room smelled like body odor. I tried to spray it down a couple times with perfume, but the smell wouldn't go away. It was not only my room, but 2 of my co-workers rooms smelled bad as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Emory C, Assistant General Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Good Afternoon Andie R-

I must first sincerely apologize for theexperience that you have had at our hotel. We always strive for 100% guest satisfaction and we clearly fell short of that standard. I can certainly understand the frustration and dismay, you may have experienced because of the odor in your room. Our team has taken steps in order to rectify this issue with any future stays.

I am personally committed to ensuring your 100% satisfaction in the resolution of this issue for you. Our goal is always 100% customer satisfaction and we clearly did not achieve that. If I might be able to offer you any additional assistance or if there is anything else I can do to ensure your 100% satisfaction please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm Regards,

Emory C.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carmel
Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis C...
#20 of 178 in Indianapolis

Been to Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel? Share your experiences!