“Couldn't be better!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Couldn't be better!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I can't say enough good things about my multiple stays at this location. I travel for work (and for leisure) and this hotel is just top-notch. The facility is beautiful and clean. The rooms are updated and modern. The staff- always personable and friendly. Whenever I walk in, the staff at the front desk always greets me with a warm smile and my name. The concierge staff (Kaylee) has remembered my name since the first time I walked in. The staff at the restaurant, where i frequently dine, even remembers what I like to drink and how I like my food prepared. My stays here are always so pleasant, I never find myself missing home- and I have felt this way since my first stay!

Thank you to Kaylee, Courtney, Laine, John, Ryan, Laura, Bernadette, and Candice!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Taylor F, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Chung T!

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the friendliness of our staff and the warmth of our hospitality. It is such a pleasure hosting you each time that you stay with us and offering you all the comforts of home! Thank you for mentioning Kaylee, Courtney, Laine, Jon, Ryan, Lauren, Bernadette and Candice. I will be sure to pass on your kind words on to each one of them. It is our goal to always ensure your 100% satisfaction.

Thank you for always allowing us to be of service!

Taylor Felton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for a year and a half for weekly business trips. The Ren (as we like to call it!) is my home away from home. I always get a friendly "Welcome Back" from the front desk and great service from Kaylee in the concierge lounge. All employees are very friendly! The rooms are comfortable...they have recently gotten new bedding & bigger pillows, which make for a good night's rest. The room service menu is pretty big & the food is actually delicious...not what you would normally expect from hotel room service.

If you are in the Carmel/ Indy North area, you should definitely plan your stay at the Renaissance, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Taylor F, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Hello Jordan C!
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty! We love that we are your “home away from home” and that we are affectionately referred to as the “Ren”! Thank you so much for mentioning our level of service from the front desk and specifically mentioning Kaylee! Kaylee is truly one of the bright stars of our industry and has a great career ahead of her! I will be sure to pass your kind words on to her.

Thank you for pointing our new bedding program, we are excited about this program and believe that it adds a nice touch of luxury to our rooms. We are also so glad that you enjoyed our variety of selections on the room service menu and that you find our offerings to be delicious! Chef Dallas will be thrilled with your compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay. If ever you need anything please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would be more than happy to provide you with my assistance.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Service is outstanding, staff members are genuine and authentic at the Renaissance Indianapolis. The lobby, bar and restaurant are beautifully designed and inviting. Rooms are "roomy," very clean, nicely appointed (love the clock) and beds are incredibly comfortable. Easy access to interstate, restaurants, shopping. Pool and fitness center are nice amenities.

Room Tip: 8th floor "club" level is worth the upgrade - bottled water, beverages, fruit, snacks, lig...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Traveler32013!

Thank you so much for your awesome 5 star "royal" review! We truly appreciate your kindness and the compliments about our staff's service! I will be sure to spread the good review cheer with the rest of the hotel's operations team. Thank you so much!

We look forward to welcoming you back when you travels bring you back to the Indianapolis area.

Carmel, California
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I get stuck here all the time for work. If you have to go to Indiana, this is probably the place to be. The staff here is great, and always accommodating.

Normally when I travel, I stay at Marriots, so I am a little partial. Take that with a grain of salt, but for a Marriot it is very good. And hands down it beats the Hyatt and Hilton in the area.

Granted, if I had my choice, I probably would not go to Indiana. I doubt you would either. But, when you have to, this is the friendliest hotel in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Taylor F, Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Bob N,

We truly appreciate your compliments regarding our service and we are so glad that you continually choose our property. To be acclaimed as the “friendliest hotel in the area” is quite the honor! Thank you! We know you have many lodging options in the area and we are delighted that you continually choose our property.

We would love to introduce you to some of our favorite places in the Indianapolis Carmel area that might allow you to discover something interesting in the local area. On your next stay with us just ask any one of our Navigators and they will be delighted to share with you some of their favorite local hotspots!

Bloomingdale, Illinois
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stay at this properly about 80 nights a year ---- and have done so for each of the last four 4 years. I've done a fair amount of travel to other hotels ---- both on leisure and business over the last 20 years....and this hotel knocks it out on service. They are amazing. They treat me like it's my "home away from home". Really nice rooms, great food, good little work-out room, bar, and swimming pool as well. But above all..."service"...that's the word. If I could add a sixth start to my rating, I would.

Jay Bahel

Mr. Bahel,

Thank you so much for your kind words and your loyalty not only to Marriott but specifically to our property. We are very humbled by your praises of our service. Truly, it is a pleasure serving you every time you are in town. We feel as though we are "your home away from home" and glad that you feel the same way.

We want to ensure that we never take your loyalty or frequency of travel for granted. It is our goal to ensure that we exceed your expectations every stay.

Again, thank you for your kind words! Thank you for the bonus star in your review, we love 6 star reviews (especially when they are out of 5 stars)!

We look forward to welcoming you back,
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 5, 2014

As a Marriott Lifetime Platinum I've spent thousands of nights in hotels around the country and overseas and stayed at most of the hotels in Indianapolis. This Renaissance stands out in a good way from all the others... and I'm very critical of the way hotels are run because of the amount of time I spend in them.
It's always easy and relaxing to stay here because they are quietly efficient. It starts at the top with the GM, Paul, who I see around the hotel checking on things. That's unusual because at most hotels where I stay, I never see the GM, they're too busy to get involved. That involvement reflects throughout the staff who all do a great job.
In the Club Lounge, Niki in the morning and Kaylee in the evening always do an excellent job. They are both very personable, attentive and proactive without being overbearing and annoying like some concierges at other hotels. Not an easy job.
It's easy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Taylor F, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hello 11JD!

Thank you so very much for all your kind words! As a Platinum Lifetime Member I am sure that you have the opportunity to see a broad spectrum of the Marriott products and services and so it means even more to us that you would commend our products and services. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Nikki and Kaylee and ensure that I spread your good review on to our General Manager Paul O'Connor!

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to serving you on your next stay! Thank you so much for always choosing our property as your home away from home when your business travels bring you to Indianapolis!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Great overall experience. We were late to check in and night manager was very accommodating including offering to assist us with our bags and giving us bottled water. Rooms were very clean and the beds are by far some of the most comfortable I have stayed in. We always make it a point to stay here when in Indy due to close proximity to everything including only 15 miles from downtown.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Taylor F, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Parker C!

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again the next time you are in Indianapolis!

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our property, we know you have many to choose from in the area; we are delighted you chose us to serve you!

Taylor F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carmel
Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Carmel
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel

Been to Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel? Share your experiences!