Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$118
$107
Residence Inn Indianapolis Carmel(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$136
$116
$142
$129
GardenInn.com
$110
Homewood
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$116
$107
Staybridge.com
$102
$149
$105
$159
$129
All reviewsthe concierge loungeindianapolis northin townevery staff membernice hotelother hotelshotel roomgreat roomrestaurant staffbreakfast buffetsoccer tournamentbed was very comfortableroom was largeclean roomscomfortable stayworkout roomindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Took a golf trip to Indy with some buddies to play courses in the Carmel, and North Indy area and stayed at the Renaissance in Carmel. First, it was a great loction right off the interstate near Carmel, which is a neat little town. The facilities are first rate. Great service, and the restaruant on site, Grill 39 was terrific. Wonderful for breakfast. Staff was very helpful getting us to the various areas we needed for our rounds. Rooms were comfortable, quiet and well maintained.
Indy is a very good golf town and The Renaissance in Carmel serves as a perfect central location for some great courses

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Overall my stay here was very nice. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, the room and bed were both nice. I only have 2 complaints about my stay.

- No Alarm Clock in the room. (They do offer wake up calls though)
- My room had a smell. I'm not exactly sure what it was though. It didn't come from any specific place in the room, ie bed smelled fine, bathroom was fine, but just a general smell that didn't match the hallways and rest of the hotel. I'm not sure that it was musty but maybe someone prior to me spilled something on the carpet that didn't get fully removed? I was in room 809. It wasn't overpowering or bad enough that I asked to be moved just something I noticed every time I entered my room.

Overall I would stay here again, I would just hope for a different room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I paid a 20% more for this hotel for the family compared to the hampton, and it was worth it. A little nicer room and a full service breakfast buffet made for a better experience.

I have also decided that the trip advisor website is not user friendly- slow, drops sessions, etc. I may be done adding reviews if it doesn't improve.

• Stayed: July 2013
Taylor F, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Hello Phlege,

Thank you so much for your generous 5 star review! We are very proud of our restaurant Grille 39 and the breakfast buffet and that it also includes everything from waffles, pancakes, french toast, eggs and omelettes to order. We would love to pass on your favorite breakfast item on the buffet to Chef Dallas! Feel free to let us know!

Thank you so much for your time in reviewing us on TripAdvisor, we know you have many lodging choices and are honored you chose us!

Thank you!

P.S. We'll pass your feedback about TripAdvisor to our friends at TripAdvisor, sorry the site was experiences some technical issues.

Warm Regards,
Taylor Felton

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I would stay here again because of the competence of the hotel front desk staff and of room service dining. They made sure that I had everything I wanted and were very gracious. The hotel is not located near anything but other hotels and corporate headquarters; it is definitely not in a walkable village area. Enter from Pennsylvania Ave.: from Meridian going north, turn east onto 106th or 116th and watch for the large orange building on the left.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Chaucerian

Hello Chaucerian!

Thank you so much for your kind review and the nice things you had about hour hotel staff. We certainly are pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations. Thank you for the insider tip on how to best navigate to our hotel, it can be a bit confusing, while our address is Meridian, our entrance and access is from one street East of Meridian, off of Pennsylvania.

Again, Thank you so much for your kind words! We hope your travels bring you back to us, we know you have many hotels to choose from and we are so glad you chose us!

Live life to Discover,
Taylor Felton

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during a weekend getaway. We decided to stay here as opposed to downtown Indy because of the ridiculous downtown parking charges. The outside of this hotel was very very clean. All of the landscaping looked nice and there was nothing out of place. Check-in was easy and fast. The front desk person that checked me in pointed out various spots in the lobby and where the elevators were which was a nice touch. The hallways in the hotel were also very clean and bright. Our room was ok. There seemed to be some kind of smell in there throught the two days we stayed there. Not a must or body odor, kinda like a nursing home or hospital smell. It was also in the hallways. So it wasn't a bad smell, just a smell. The tv in the room was very nice, and the bed was kinda hard. Also, we could not use the lounger in the room because it had a couple of stains on it and it was dirty. the bathroom was just average and the bathtub was slippery. If he lounger had been clean and the bed softer I might have moved this up to 4 stars, but probably not unless the smell was eliminated. The ice machine on our floor also did not work. All o fthe common areas were clean which was very good and with some work this could be a 4 star, but i couldn't justify doing that because of the things I pointed out.

Room Tip: Ask for a High Floor away from elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 06BB
Taylor F, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Hello Brian B,

I wanted to thank you for your kind comments about our landscaping and the cleanliness of our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel both in the facilities we have to offer and the service we provide. We understand that you have many lodging options available and are so glad that you chose to stay with us!

I wanted to apologize for the room odor you experienced during your stay. I will follow up with our housekeeping department to determine the root cause of odor. I assure you that this is an infrequent occurrence and will work hard to determine the cause.

I would, also, like to offer you my deepest apologies for the stain you found on the chase lounge chair. Perhaps you could message me privately so that I might personally inspect the room you stayed in and eliminate the stain on the lounge chair. I will also have the ice machine serviced on that floor to ensure that is in proper working order.

Thank you also for informing me about the your experience with our bathtub. I would like to share with you that our bathtubs were made with a factory installed non-slip finish. I will investigate the bathtub with our housekeeping department to ensure they are being properly maintained.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at mike.yacoub@renaissancehotels.com. I would love to set up a time to personally discuss all your concerns and ensure that I understand your experience fully. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we performed during your recent experience. Your experience is very valuable to us as our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. I look forward to speaking with you to ensure we can achieve your 100% satisfaction.

Warm Regards,