“Nice new hotel, with bad odor in the rooms”

Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Carmel
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Nice new hotel, with bad odor in the rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is nice, new hotel. The staff is really nice. But when we checked into our room it had a really bad smell like curry heaven or a 500 man with BO. So we asked to be moved to another room. Second room had the same smell. Not sure if it is the new furnishing or what.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RachelLP
, Manager at Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay. We really appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and service and will certainly share them with our team.

I also wanted to personally apologize for the fact that there was an out of the ordinary smell present in both rooms you encountered. I understand that situations like this can be extremely frustrating when traveling, and I assure you that this is not our standard. Please know that I am working with our Executive Housekeeper to investigate the root cause of this incident to ensure it does not happen again to any of our guests.

At the Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel, we take all of our guests experience very seriously. If convenient for you, I would like to arrange a time where we could discuss this incident so I can ensure I am addressing all of your concerns. I can be contacted via email at lucas.laidlaw@renaissancehotels.com. Thank you again for your time and response, and we look forward to being of service in the future.

Lucas Laidlaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was just on a Business trip to Indy last week and stayed at this hotel. It top drawer. As soon as i walked in. I saw a smile and a happy employee. I was checked in and up to my room in no time. The room was cozy. Nice TV, Avg size bathroom and a good desk area. This is perfect for a business trip. The exercise room is good. I used one of the treadmills. Each treadmill has a TV on it. This was a quick trip. In and out, but i will be back to this spot. If your in Indy, then give it a shot.

Room Tip: Get a top floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed here just one night for a wedding nearby. It is a very nice hotel with a large and comfortably elegant lobby. The fitness center looked nice, but unfortunately a morning after a good wedding with a long drive following doesn't typically inspire a workout for me.

Despite having sort of an odd shaped corner room, it was comfortable and had everything we needed. The room had funky looking lighting which was unique, an enhanced looking work power station desk and the basic everything else you need/expect. Nothing to complain about.

The bar was a good place to grab a drink and share a hummus plate before departing for the evening, sadly upon our return it was too late for another round.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Renaissance in Carmel on several occassions and this is an aboslute first class hotel. The lobby, bar and restaurant are very contemporary and well appointed. The staff was eager to serve and being Platinum I was upgraded to the Conceirage Level where I took full use of the Executive Lounge. In my opinion this is the best hotel in Carmel or for that matter northern Indianapolis. I would stay here again in a heart beat and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the northern Indianapolis area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Hinsdale, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

We really enjoy staying at this hotel. It is very clean and the employees are helpful and kind. It is close to downtown Carmel and we like to get up and run on the Monan. They have a great breakfast buffet in the morning too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed here over a weekend with my family for a youth soccer tournament nearby. We had a 2-double room on the sixth floor. This is a newer hotel, nice furnishings, and very clean. Beds and Pillows were extremely comfortable. And quiet - I didn't hear a peep from any of the rooms nearby. They designated a board room for our team to use if needed that weekend, and provided a continental breakfast for all the teams staying there. The breakfast was probably the only area in which this hotel did not excel, as it was truly "continental" - no hot items whatsoever (other hotels in this price range typically offer hot items as well) but it was still of high quality. Their Starbucks coffee from the bar area was great. Nice equipment in the workout area. The pool is fairly small. Had a drink in the bar, where we were treated to cold beer and high quality, friendly service. We even tried room service around 8:30pm on a Saturday night - they guarantee only a 20 or 25 minute wait and they were spot on. I was surprised and pleased to see that the room service prices were reasonable. Parking is plentiful and well-lighted. Plenty of restaurant options within a short drive. When traveling with a soccer team, there seems to be two types of restaurants that we always look for: sandwich/deli shops and pasta. There was a Romanos Macaroni Grill 3 blocks away and a Noodles restaurant even closer, and 2 or 3 sandwich places in that same radius. We'll definitely stay here again for our next trip to the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank D R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed in many hotels across the country for business and children's sportung events, never have I found a hotel in rhis price range that offered such 1st class service. This hotel's hotel is posh and modern. Staff from GM to EVS to barstaff, we extremely accomodating. During our groups two day staff, we had no less than 4 staff people checking in on our group to make sure we experiencing top notch service. All staff went above and beyond. One of the cleanest and "spa like" hotels I have even been to in this price range. They offer private rooms for small groups so they may covene in one central place vs. individual hotel rooms. Great when traveling with groups of youth! The hotel is well located near many restaurants & cultural attractions. I would come back in a heartbeat....even if it was just to get away for the weekend. Never have I experienced a hotel who got it so right!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank travelingbballmom3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carmel
Hampton Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
SpringHill Suites Indianapolis Carmel
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis/Carmel
Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - Carmel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel
Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis C...
#20 of 178 in Indianapolis

Been to Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel? Share your experiences!