“What a treat! Largs Pier Hotel - great venue for work & leisure”

Largs Pier Hotel - Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Largs Bay
Harden-Murrumburrah, Australia
“What a treat! Largs Pier Hotel - great venue for work & leisure”
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

I have travelled, stayed and worked in hotels most days of most weeks in many countries, every year for the past 25 years. The staff at Largs Pier outshine staff at all places I have ever stayed! They are superb. Nothing was too much trouble. They are responsive, helpful, courteous , friendly - all the qualities that equate with EXCELLENT service. But that's not all. Great historic hotel restored to close to original character, beautiful seaside setting and delicious food. Why would you stay anywhere else?

Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Julia A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Today my father in law and i dropped off for lunch at the largs pier hotel.
I was so impressed I came straight home and submitted this review.
James Reid is the new owner and if his servie is this excellent to all his customers then i recommend you go there.
James was extremely friendly, helpful and during our time there clearly committed to ensuring EVERYONE was happy with their service.
To top off this initial outstanding customer service.....while we were in the middle of lunch James said to me.."You are drinking savignon Blanc today is that right?" I said yes you have a good memory....someone had inadvertantly poured a sav blanc out for a customer by mistake so James said would you like drink on the house......instead of pouring it out.......certainly will make me want to come back again and share the story with all my friends.....well done James.....keep up the good work......pam thomas....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed 80+ nights in hotels globally, and we stopped at this hotel for a night given the good feedbacks I read here. We got a Deluxe Spa room for AUD215.

We arrived quite late, and had to check-in at the "gaming area" which is a mini casino, that drags all sorts of creatures especially given the time it was. Not the best first interaction with this hotel. Not mentioning the lack of customer service when enquiring by email about checking in time.

The room was as described although it was really cold inside, and with the air conditioning unit not warming up the room. It's less than 10 degrees (C) outside at this time of the year.

The view from the room was nice and so was the balcony. Nothing to say there. There was leftover rubbish in our room presumably from the previous customer.

I have not tried to breakfast at this location.

Checkout time at 10AM? Really?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank guiw
, Manager at Largs Pier Hotel - Motel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. The Largs Pier Hotel is a boutique hotel consisting of 34 guest rooms and 3 self contained apartments. Reception hours are 6.30am to 7pm Monday to Saturday and 6.30am to 3pm Sundays. Check in after hours is available via our gaming room staff. These arrangements, detailed on our website booking button area, are currently under review with alternatives being investigated.

The Largs Pier Hotel, which won the AHA Best Gaming Room Award in 2008, has 32 poker machines and is patronized by local people who live in the Port Adelaide / Enfield council areas where enterprises such as the Australian Sub Marine Corp and the South Australian Police Academy are located.

In line with societal expectation the Largs Pier Hotel endeavors to be an environmentally friendly hotel with individual air conditioning units in each guest room. These units are efficient and heat or cool the room within a short space of time. The units are not left running in rooms unattended.

The Largs Pier Hotel won the AHA national award for best mid range accommodation in 2010. We pride ourselves on the quality and cleanliness of each and every guest room. Any deficits are handled promptly when drawn to the attention of our staff.

The Largs Pier Hotel has recently changed the check out time to 11am to ensure all guests have the opportunity to maximize the time they have to enjoy the ambiance of this iconic hotel.

Hotel Management
sydney
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Our rooms were very comfortable, restaurant fantastic and staff very friendly and helpful, to say nothing of the hotel itself, which has been restored beautifully. A real pleasure to stay there.

Room Tip: If you don't like steps, ask for a room in the new motel area. You can park out the back and wal...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Spent my birthday here in February and I am so glad that I chose it! The staff were wonderful and the room was spacious, comfortable and very classy. My only grumble was that my room was on the top floor and with no elevators because of the Heritage Listing and my legs were very sore by the end of the three trips that it took to get my stuff from my car to my room. Had a fantastic view of Adelaide and the Mt Lofty Ranges in the distance and took the liberty of having breakfast brought up to my room, which not only was quite well priced (for room service) but turned out to be a delicious meal. I hope to stay there again as I really did enjoy myself, although perhaps next time I might ask if any rooms viewing the beach are available...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Adelaide
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We have stayed and dined at this hotel on several occasions - all of which have been excellent. We got married at this hotel in February 2009 and everything was fantastic. We returned to stay overnight for our first anniversary. We stayed on the top floor in a corner room and invited friends to join us for drinks and sumptous tasting platters on the balcony. The sunset made for a perfect backdrop to our little soiree.
Recently we returned to have a lovely lunch on the front deck.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NatalieAdelaide
Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed in a corner Queen room to attend a friends wedding nearby. As others have said, the room is modern and spacious with a big comfortable bed, small but new bathroom, flat screen tv and basic amenities (hairdryer, shampoo etc). I prefer a private balcony but the share balcony is fine - I didn't see anyone else out there (and the view from the top floor is lovely!). There is a complimentary bottle of water but no minibar so if you need provisions you can visit the bottle shop right next door or room service is available during meal times. There is also a kiosk opposite for coffee and snacks open from 10am. Being on the top floor meant we didn't hear any noise from the bar or from other guests at all, but you can hear some traffic noise so if this bothers you, a corner Queen room might not be the best choice. A tip re the shower - when we first used it, the water ran cold, but after turning it off and then on again, it worked a treat!

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor for a quieter room and great view but if you have lots of bags, bear in mind...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Stamford Plaza Adelaide
Stamford Plaza Adelaide
#13 of 57 in Adelaide
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,086 reviews

Been to Largs Pier Hotel - Motel? Share your experiences!