Quality Inn & Suites Indianapolis West - Brownsburg
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Suites(Brownsburg)
Indy Speedway Inn(Indianapolis)
View Hotel
All reviewswhirlpool tubaccept petsbathroom counterroad noisedesk staffoatmealinterstatepillowshousekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Had a great stay in Brownsburg. Easy access off I-74. Great check in process. Very clean room and plenty of room to spread out. Breakfast was good. Check out was quick and easy. Great staff!!! Would stay again!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
KStuart23, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Indianapolis West - Brownsburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Karen J
Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate it. We are glad you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

In the recent years I've been really amazed at the newly smart creation of the Holiday Inn Express brand--It caught precisely what a middle-class traveler needs: no bells and whistles, but a clean room, comfortable public area, and a hot breakfast. Therefore I've never hesitated booking one room from HIE when I saw a decent rate, and I could feel confident doing that without spending the time doing any further research......until I stayed at this one.

To begin with, the building was probably originally designed to be a lower class motel. You could tell that by the narrow hallway, low ceiling, tiny lobby, and the super-tiny breakfast area. The room itself feels like a lower class motel, too--again, small, cheaply designed and furnished, and semi-clean carpet which you do not want to take off your shoes to step on.

There are only four small tables in the tiny breakfast area, so it is difficult to find a seat. The first morning I had to boldly ask to share a table with an unknown male guest (I'm female, and I don't usually like to do that). The second morning I literally stood there for quite a while until a couple left. There is another room adjacent to the breakfast area with some tables in it. However, for some strange reasons it was not air-conditioned, hence unbearable to sit in when it was in the eighties to nineties outside.

The tap water is disgustingly greenish yellow. It left a strange smell and sticky feeling on my skin after bathing in it. Strangely the fridge in the room did not work either, although it was plugged-in and the light in it worked. After pulling out warm bottled-drinks the first day, I just did not bother trying anymore.

Overall, it is just a motel wearing an HIE hat. The only thing HIE about it is the signature cinnamon roll for breakfast. It would probably make a decent Super 8 or Days Inn, but anything beyond that is a stretch. The tragedy for me, though, is that from now on I could never trust the HIE brand, since they have lowered their standard so much to grant franchise to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear ddsmbams
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all comments as we are always striving to be better. I am sorry the air conditiioning was out in out sun room while you were here. It has been tremendously hot this summer and unfortunately it could not keep up. It has been repaired and it is nice and cool now. I also wanted to address the water you mentioned. This is the water in Brownsburg. It is not specific to our hotel. It is both safe to drink and bathe in.
We take great effort to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Brownsburg.
Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

This was definitely not a good choice for us this time...After I paid I was told they were having a little problem with the internet, which turned out to be no internet, cable was not working properly and when I went downstairs to report that problem also, staff said...Oh Yeah...We are having problems with that too. I had to plug the bedside lamp in for light so apparently housekeeping is lacking. Could NOT call downstairs with our room problems because the telephone did not work. Went back downstairs to get assistance with the spa tub and to the desk clerk about the phone and he actually came upstairs and checked the phone and did not even offer to get us another phone. He got the spa tub working and said nothing about the water quality and he could plainly see that there was a problem with it. It was a yellowish greenish brown color..At no time did he even suggest to put us in another room. The following morning I was told that they would not be doing any refunding because the internet could go down in my home too. Upon contacting Holiday Inn 2 times...they gave me 3000 Priority Club points. Unbelievable...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear 74Flowers
I do want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced last Friday night. The internet and cable are both run by the same company and as soon as we knew we had a problem we were on the phone attempting to get it corrected. Everyone in the hotel experienced the same problem and it was not just your room. A technician arrived at 10:45pm and had everything up and running by midnight. Again, we do apologize but had to wait for our 3rd party vendor to fix their issue.
As for the water, there is nothing wrong with the water in our hotel or Brownsburg. Even though the water has a greenish tint it is safe to drink and bathe in and is the same throughout our hotel and Brownsburg. I am glad your received your 3000 Priority Club bonus points for your trouble.

Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, oder free rooms. Great value with Priority Club Discount. $25 non-refundable pet fee. Breakfast was not the typical HI...pancake machine down and no gravy. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012
KStuart23, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Indianapolis West - Brownsburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

DD0321
Thanks for your review. I am sorry the pancake machine was down the day you were here. It has been tempermental lately and have been working with the manufacturer to correct the issues. The other breakfast items are on a rotating menu and we have biscuits and gravy on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday mornings. Hopefully next time you will get to stay on a night where you can enjoy the biscuits and gravy the next morning. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

The room was clean, and all employees we encountered were friendly and professional. When we first walked in we thought "this is not a top HI Express" and that thought continued when we walked into our room. We got a small bump down on price due to AAA membership, which is always nice, but once taxes were added in the morning we did not feel we had stayed in a $100 room, and would have much preferred to know the total cost up front, at the time of check-in.

We did get a non-smoking room, but the hall smelled of smoke all night and it drifted into our room. We wondered about the air circulation there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Meemah33
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. The tax rate in our area is 15%, 2% lower than in Indianapolis itself. As for the smoking issue, I am sorry you encountered it. We are currently in the process of becoming 100% smoke free and will be by July 1, 2012.

Thank you again for your review.