“Dark & Loud” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boulder Creek Dining Company

Boulder Creek Dining Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Boulder Creek Dining Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 72 Restaurants in Brownsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: State Road 267
Description: Part of the Cunningham Restaurant Group (CRG) family, Boulder Creek Dining Company opened in 1997 in Brownsburg, Indiana. Over the last 15 years, we've made a name for ourselves with our homemade barbecue ribs, wood-fired pizzas, steaks and pastas. We invite our guests to relax in the ambiance of a rustic mountain lodge while enjoying excellent food and service. The recently renovated bar area, as well as a private dining room for more than 100, adds to our position as a neighborhood staple.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Dark & Loud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

While the title of this review seems negative, we frequent this restaurant every time we are in Brownsburg/Indianapolis. We have hosted family functions at this restaurant as well with NO problems. The staff are very accommodating.
The menu is fabulous and the quality of the meals never disappoint. They have a house dressing "cranberry poppyseed" that is out of this world! Steaks are always tender and cooked to your specs perfectly. There is a full bar as well.
The only downfall to the restaurant is that it is usually darker than I prefer and the cavernous size of the place lends it to be very loud on a Saturday night.
Having said that, I would still recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

Visited September 2013

Brownsburg, Indiana
“Once great now fair at best!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We are long time regulars as this location is about a mile from our home. In the past year or so this location has went way down. The portions are shrinking, the prices are skyrocketing ($11.50 for a 2oz pour of a martini) and service is almost nonexistent. I don't know what is going on but it's not good!!! I have no problem paying a premium for a quality product. The problem is it seems the owners/management wants to set themselves apart from the competition by charging higher prices hoping for the appearance of being better than the rest. Sad to say but the quality, service and portion have went down the tubes. I hope they wise up before it is to late. I will give the one more shot as I have a gift card from spending over a $1000 there but sad to say if it's no better they won't have to worry about sending me my next VIP rewards card. If this is how they are treating regulars I pity new patrons.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food....but not worth the expense”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I love their house salad, and the blackberry vinaigrette is delicious.....but that being said, charging me full price for the salad after I have already purchased a $11 entree (shrimp cocktail) is a little overboard, considering I can add it onto an entree or sandwich for a discounted price. Total ticket price without a drink was nearly $18 for 5 shrimp and a salad. Next time I will just buy a side of salad dressing and make the rest at my house for a fraction of the expense.

Visited July 2013
“Underwhelmed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My family and I ate at Boulder Creek, Saturday night. After being sat in the main dining room, next to a large party, and on top of the table behind us, Our experience began. Its always nice to be asked, especially when a restaurant isn't busy, where would you like to sit? A booth? A table? The bar? We were not asked. It wasn't that there was anything wrong with the table, just would have liked to have been able to have conversation and not have to talk over 22 other people talking. Folks, there were lots of choices. When we asked, we were told certain sections were closed. At 8? Really? Our server showed up within a few minutes. Took our drink order. After our drinks arrived, she didnt ask if we wanted the bread and oil...she didnt take our order...we sat. We wanted an appitizer. After about 10 minutes, she came back, my hubs ordered the app and she was gone again before he could ask if we still got bread! She did not return to our table until she brought out app. That was another 10. I will say again...they were not busy! She had no other tables! Not in our area, and she was not the server on the big party nor table behind us. My son spotted her talking and breaking down what appeared to be a drink station. When she finally returned we asked for bread and asked if we could put in our order. We had been there 45 minutes at this point or longer. Our food finally came out, I ordered a salad. What? What used to be a salad for $11, was no longer an $11 salad! It was on a tiny square plate! There wasn't anything there! I understand cost have gone up and I don't mind paying for something if I'm getting value, but a tiny plate with some field greens, a few pecans and a few craisians? $11, really? I waited for this? My husband had pizza, his was good. My son had chicken on his salad, it tasted freezer burnt. My daughter-in-law had the crab cake meal. It tasted like canned tuna. This was our second visit to this restaurant in about 6 months. Service was better first time. Food was just the same. OK, not great. Service this time was terrible. Side note, we all had a cocktail. $9 for a less than 6 oz pour for wine, is ridiculous. I know the little crafe things they bring wine to table in...my pour was not at neck where it begins to go into fluted opening. It was a 5 oz pour. I hate not only getting bad service, but feeling like your getting screwed is double jeopardy. Never again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WLW3
Brownsburg, Indiana
“Great Dinner!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and friends have been to Boulder Creek several times and I can honestly say we have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is great. The staff provides attentive service and the kitchen never disappoints. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013