“Nice place for grooms dinner”
Review of Dawson's

Dawson's
Reserve with OpenTable
Dawson's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 73 Restaurants in Brownsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My nephew just got married and we had the grooms dinner at Dawson's , also called Dawson's Too. They had a nice space and comfortable area in the back for larger parties. My only comment on the room was that when I first arrived it smelled funny but after awhile I did not notice anymore.

Food varied I had the blackened seabass special which they made gluten free and I very much enjoyed. My husbands also got the special which was prime rib and he liked. Others ordered off menu and were less impressed. Fried fish platter tasted fishy and crab cakes over fried. I would recommend to stay eith the specials. They have a very nice reasonably priced wine list which we order a nice Argentina Malbec.

Service was okay. They really only has one guy working our whole room of about 30 people. The was very stressed and somewhat curt. We ordered a Muscato for my mom and he brought a bottle. I said we only wanted a glass. He commented that we had thought we were ordering by the bottle and now what would he do with the open bottle. It was a rude comment. After I asked twice he did take the bottle away (I did try asking others if they would drink but no one was interested) and apologized. We we were getting ready to order I asked for a gluten free menu. He rudely stated there was not gluten free menu. I said I had called ahead the day before and the girl told me there was a separate menu but if not could he and the chef help me. He was then really nice and help me with the special. This up and down attitude I think showed his stress.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

It seems to have slipped of late. The facility looked drab and not overly clean, they got my order wrong, so sent it back, and I sat for 10 minutes while my husband ate, and then got my plate back - looked like they had thrown some cheese and bacon on my fries and put it all under a broiler to the point of disintegration - and charged me for the mess - full price including a couple of bucks for the cheese and bacon. The server never refilled our drinks or asked how our food was. Sorry to see these negative changes. Mgmt needs to have more presence. We noticed other guests were looking around for a manager as well to address their issues. We will probably not return. Mistakes and busy nights happen, but management should be on site to rectify problems and to ensure the diners' return

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The food is pretty expensive for what you get, the pizza that I got was a bit on the chewy side and not a whole lot of flavor. My Husband had a sandwich which was no different than any other bar but just more expensive.
The bartender was really nice but the rest of the staff were pretty grumpy, the couple that we went with were over charged for their drinks and when they questioned the server she took it to the owner and he rolled his eyes there was no apology from any staff members for the mix up. We will not go back. Over all unfriendly and expensive for a mediocre meal.

1  Thank snupit123
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The food is always great. The service is hit or miss it has been much better lately. The fruit and nut salad is really good. We always get it with seared tuna. If you are having cocktails sit in the bar it takes forever to get a mixed drink in the dinning room.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I have been there twice and both times ordered from the day's specials. This time I had the stuffed salmon and she had an orange roughy. Both were cooked to a tender but firm state that we prefer. My vegetables were well seasoned and just a little overcooked for my taste but my taste is for very firm vegetables. Her asparagus was so well cooked that I didn't even get a taste. Both of us received rice with the meal that was well cooked and has an excellent flavor. Overall the meal was very good and there were two cleaned plates.
We were seated in the bar area, an understandable choice by the staff on the Saturday evening of Easter weekend. But, it was a little loud and the TV sports were distracting.

1  Thank Rand R