“great food and service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 90 Restaurants in Paleo Faliro
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Athens, Greece
“great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have seen Akis lots and lots of times on tv preparing delicious recipes and said to myself that I have to try one of his recipes. Although Avenue is based on famous chef Roux recipes Akis touch is crucial and his influence is obvious.I went with a friend of mine in December and had the winter salad with roasted vegetables, beetroot, potatoes, mixed salad leaves, caramelized carrots and balsamic dressing. For main dish I had the risotto with wild mushrooms and greens scented with a hint of truffle oil and the French onion soup.
We didn’t want any desserts but Akis insisted and offered us the lightly spiced pear poached in port accompanied by homemade five spice ice cream!
Overall we paid somehow 26€ p.p and I think it’s quite good price for what they offer.
Congratulations to Akis and his team for their great warm behavior and the excellent dinner we had. Recommended!!!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank blueheartV

• Greek first
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Great value for money restaurant.Excellent food and atmosfere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

it was an excellent saturday night choice. the dishes were amazing and the portions enough to feel full and happy.great staff,nice music,good people. professionals i would say. would definetely recommend it.

1 Thank Dimitra I
Athens, Greece
“Really good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Its almost a year since Avenue Bistro opened its doors and it surely shows many impovements since my first visit.
Waiters and waitresses are well trained and provide excellent service, menu has changed somehow and options are very good now although would like some salad additions, they are having two additions. On Thursdays they have DJ music with tapas and their menu and on Sundays they have a midday lunch with glazed ham, roast rib etc.
My first visit was quite good, but as I said a lot of things have changed since then and things are better now. We had the delicious onion soup and the lobster bisque and as main courses half classic duck and grilled pork chop. Dessert selection was a heavenly created caramel fondant and a crème brulee.
Overall a very good choice and will come back again to taste the Sunday menu soon.
Prices are good enough for what it offers and portions are very good.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank eva_sirogiannouli
London, United Kingdom
“When old and classic meets new and promising...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went to Avenue to see what Roux and Petretzikis made.To taste the promising menu Sunday Roast as they call it and i was pleased a lot by my choice.Usually hotel restaurants are stiffed and somehow they look the same as the rest areas and sometimes this can make you feel uncomfortable.Not in here!Warm place, smiley faces and great service.We had the honey glazed ham and the stunning fish and chips that the Greek master chef Akis prepared and for a dessert initially we had the caramel cake (don't miss it!!!!!) and aftewards we took another one the poached pear in port wine.It is amazing that after 20' my mouth was full of aroma from the spices!!!Restaurant has a great variety of wine by the glass which is a positive thing for someone that doesn't drink too much.Prices are affordable for the quantity and the quality of the bistro so for a couple 50-65 euros are required for a tasty menu depending if you choose to drink a bottle of wine
Will come back again to try the daily dinner menu.Surely recommended
Music seems to be good enough, lounge and mainstream and we are informed that every Thursday they have a DJ.
Although we didn't find a place to park our car, hotel has parking free of charge nearby.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Skycrane
Larisa, Greece
“Excellent Choice for Friday Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Friday night with my wife we decided to visit Avenue Bistrot, knowing that Akis Petretzikis was the "leader" . The atmosphere and the design of the restaurant was is nice and does not give you the impression that you are dinning in a Hotel Restaurant . The service was very polite . We had Lobster Bisque, Season Salad for appetizers which were excellent (especially the Lobster) .We continue with Pork Cutlet and Chicken Squired ( I cannot remember now the exact description of the dishes) . Both were excellent and very well cooked. We continue with the sweets and that was the best part of the day !!! We tried one with Chocolate and One with Caramel taste (something like Caramel Cake) and both were amazing , fantastic superb !!! Generally, suggest this restaurant !!! ***** (5stars)

• Visited January 2013