“Really good food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Really good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Its almost a year since Avenue Bistro opened its doors and it surely shows many impovements since my first visit.
Waiters and waitresses are well trained and provide excellent service, menu has changed somehow and options are very good now although would like some salad additions, they are having two additions. On Thursdays they have DJ music with tapas and their menu and on Sundays they have a midday lunch with glazed ham, roast rib etc.
My first visit was quite good, but as I said a lot of things have changed since then and things are better now. We had the delicious onion soup and the lobster bisque and as main courses half classic duck and grilled pork chop. Dessert selection was a heavenly created caramel fondant and a crème brulee.
Overall a very good choice and will come back again to taste the Sunday menu soon.
Prices are good enough for what it offers and portions are very good.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank eva_sirogiannouli

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“When old and classic meets new and promising...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went to Avenue to see what Roux and Petretzikis made.To taste the promising menu Sunday Roast as they call it and i was pleased a lot by my choice.Usually hotel restaurants are stiffed and somehow they look the same as the rest areas and sometimes this can make you feel uncomfortable.Not in here!Warm place, smiley faces and great service.We had the honey glazed ham and the stunning fish and chips that the Greek master chef Akis prepared and for a dessert initially we had the caramel cake (don't miss it!!!!!) and aftewards we took another one the poached pear in port wine.It is amazing that after 20' my mouth was full of aroma from the spices!!!Restaurant has a great variety of wine by the glass which is a positive thing for someone that doesn't drink too much.Prices are affordable for the quantity and the quality of the bistro so for a couple 50-65 euros are required for a tasty menu depending if you choose to drink a bottle of wine
Will come back again to try the daily dinner menu.Surely recommended
Music seems to be good enough, lounge and mainstream and we are informed that every Thursday they have a DJ.
Although we didn't find a place to park our car, hotel has parking free of charge nearby.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Skycrane
Larisa, Greece
“Excellent Choice for Friday Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Friday night with my wife we decided to visit Avenue Bistrot, knowing that Akis Petretzikis was the "leader" . The atmosphere and the design of the restaurant was is nice and does not give you the impression that you are dinning in a Hotel Restaurant . The service was very polite . We had Lobster Bisque, Season Salad for appetizers which were excellent (especially the Lobster) .We continue with Pork Cutlet and Chicken Squired ( I cannot remember now the exact description of the dishes) . Both were excellent and very well cooked. We continue with the sweets and that was the best part of the day !!! We tried one with Chocolate and One with Caramel taste (something like Caramel Cake) and both were amazing , fantastic superb !!! Generally, suggest this restaurant !!! ***** (5stars)

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Evangelos1975
“Excellent business rastaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Tasty food in a nice environment. Excellent service from people who know what a good restaurant has to offer . Great place for business meetings

1 Thank StrangeGreek
Athens, Greece
“Nice food, reasonable prices, friendly staff - could use some improvement regarding music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have visited this restaurant twice so far, with my husband. The prices are reasonable, compared to other restaurants and the staff is really friendly! The manager is extremely polite and professional too! We were not so happy with the choice of music and the lights could be a bit brighter... I liked the fact that you can watch the chef while he is preparing the dishes!
The first time we tasted dishes with meat and the second with fish. All the dishes were really nice - I prefer meat, but this is just me, I don't like fish very much anyway. I did enjoy the salmon for starter though!
My husband loved the crawfish bisque and my personal favourite from the menu is the homemade icecream with spices! I would also recommend the lamb chops for every meat lover!

• Visited December 2012