“Nice food, reasonable prices, friendly staff - could use some improvement regarding music”

Avenue Bistro & Bar
Ranked #63 of 108 Restaurants in Paleo Faliro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have visited this restaurant twice so far, with my husband. The prices are reasonable, compared to other restaurants and the staff is really friendly! The manager is extremely polite and professional too! We were not so happy with the choice of music and the lights could be a bit brighter... I liked the fact that you can watch the chef while he is preparing the dishes!
The first time we tasted dishes with meat and the second with fish. All the dishes were really nice - I prefer meat, but this is just me, I don't like fish very much anyway. I did enjoy the salmon for starter though!
My husband loved the crawfish bisque and my personal favourite from the menu is the homemade icecream with spices! I would also recommend the lamb chops for every meat lover!

3  Thank Mariabgr

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Went to Avenue Bistro during Christmas time.We had such a wonderful time at this cosy,warm bistro.Knowing that Akis was the chef here was an asset, didn't expect though that he is such a great chef and that he is presenting gourmet style cuisine!We had duck and onion soup (try it!!!) and for dessert the creme brulee and the chocolate samplet.Waiters are very polite,they have knowledge for everything regarding Avenue (menu,wine list,way of cooking)
Will come back for sure to try the Sunday roast menu!
Many thanks to George (waiter) and Akis for their wonderful hospitality and service.

1  Thank SalomiSemertzidou
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Will come back for sure to try the Sunday roast menu!

1  Thank SalomiSemertzidou
Reviewed January 14, 2013

while visiting Athens, i had the chance to visit Avenue where Akis, the Greek master chef cooks.Once again he was marvellous,big smile, so easy to approach and so polite.On the menu, we had roast duck with orange and massed potatoes and for dessert the caramel mole which is stunning! Will come back sure and recommend it!

2  Thank fani1717
Reviewed December 15, 2012

i 've stayed at Metropolitan hotel and found the new bistro that they opened in the lobby area.Nice design,cosy and simple.nice materials,dark wood,leather couches large glass doors that face the street and have plenty of light
Roux and Akis gave to Athens a gourmet proposal to quite affordable price and that's a nice thing
Personnel is well trained, they know everything that involves the menu,wine and they are with you with a blink of an eye. Aimilia and Joseph are very good.
Will come back again for sure with my wife.
try the sea bass and at the end definitely don't miss the pear!!!!