“Good for sailors.”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Paleo Faliro
Prague, Czech Republic
“Good for sailors.”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Very good hotel for the sailors renting a boat at Kalamaki Marina. Not expensive, clean, very friendly staff. There is a good connection both to the city of Athens and to the airport. Good beach restaurant, roof pool, bar. Some noise from the traffic.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a senior suite.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Camberley, Surrey
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel gives you the best of both worlds; the beach is not the finest but is right outside the door where there is also a bar and a basic restaurant. The pool on the roof is great and affords terrific views. Easy access from a tram stop in front of the building to Athens centre or Pireus port or ultimately the airport although a taxi will cost €35 and is so much easier. The hotel rooms are small but adequate. Apart from the beach being shingle rather than sand the other draw back is the prices for drinks. You're best going to a bar or the kiosk outside or the supermarket next door. Overall though ideal if you want to mix a beach/pool holiday with the ancient wonders of Athens

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Situated right on the beach with a tram stop at the entrance - The hotel is a bit old, but the rooms are very clean and the staff are very helpful. We had the breakfast buffet included in our room rate and it was an impressive spread. There is a nice beach across the road with several restaurants serving authentic Greek seafood. Rooftop pool & bar with some good views - for the price, we were very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Pipistrello808
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The place has a great view and that tops for everything that the place had to offer. The hotel lies close to airport and is not far from many of the attractions in the city. Room was small in comparison but was an effective one. It was clean, came with a view and basic amenities and a staff that were around whenever we needed them. The breakfast was also good . They have a good bar and pool area which is one of the best parts of the stay here.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I travelled on the Contiki Greek Island Hopping tour and the Poseidon Hotel was our meeting point and stay for 3 nights. It is about half an hour from the airport and directly in front of the beach which great views. The rooms are small but comfortable and the buffet breakfast was great. Hotel staff were really helpful and friendly. I loved the rooftop bar and pool area- very modern, clean and gives a great view over the beach. Directly in front of the hotel is a metro stop which takes you into Syntagma Square, central Athens in 25 minutes. Great location as Athens is a place I would only spend max 3 days. 10 minutes’ walk are a few restaurants which serve nice meals and drinks. Also try the beachfront restaurant across the road- a bit more expensive but worth the setting and your first night in Athens!

Room Tip: Try the rooftop bar and pool for beach sunset views. clean and modern!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank charellison
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights, we were a group of 26, and I was a bit dissapointed of how they made the arrangements for us, considering they asked for a list of how we wanted to sleep 2 weeks before we went. The rooms are clean, there are enough plugs in the room we only found 2 including the one for the TV; you only have a nice view if your room is in the front side of the hotel; also another downside is that there is no WiFi in the rooms, you have to stay in the reception lobby for that. The food was very good, greek cuisine which I consider to be a plus. Overall it was nice, but it can really be improved in some aspects.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Karpathos Town (Pigadia), Greece
Reviewed May 8, 2014

With only a month left to prepare for my wedding, I managed to visit 5 hotels (in the areas of Glyfada and Paleo Faliro) as well as do food tasting. Poseidon Hotel won my favour with its outstanding staff service, collaboration and of course most importantly their excellent food - my congratulations to the chef on his very good work!! Moreover, they first took my interests into consideration and then theirs, which is very rare in the commercialized world we live in today - they looked after us as one of their own.

They allowed me to make last minute changes (within reason of course) which I must commend them for because I need to admit that in the month of December where staff go on holiday, winter colds have kicked in, food suppliers are closed for Christmas and guest table layouts needed to be changed due to cancellations or additions there was A LOT of hard work involved. I had selected the Hall Venue as i had around 185 guests, it was a warm, spacious yet comfortable area which made me feel relaxed and stress free. Special mention of Marianna for all her wonderful advice - appreciated during wedding preparations, and Hlias who regardless of his personal family difficulties at the time made extra effort to help me with all my last minute changes. They also provided an area for myself and my girlfriends to prepare favors for my guests and their staff assisted in the placing of these decorations and favors onto the tables. A big thank you to all the staff who helped towards this - the outcome was beautiful!!

The wedding suite was spacious (separate bedroom and lounge), and accommodated for the dressing of the bride, being me and of course my family and friends could wait in the lounge area and enjoy the exceptional seaview from the balcony. My guests who came from Cyprus and actually stayed at the hotel praised me for my choice of hotel. It was easy for them to get to from the airport using the X96 bus and of course taxi availability was not a problem or they could use other means of transport such as the tram and bus lines to go sightseeing. The rooms were clean and breakfast was more than satisfying and the service was very good. Also with the assistance of the girls at reception (Angeliki and Anna) who were polite, helpful and ready to go the extra mile by providing additional information about Athens etc.., made their stay a pleasure.

On the evening of our wedding everything went smoothly, I didn’t stress about anything (and I’m known to be a stress-a-holic!). The DJ who was recommended to me by the hotel knew what to do and when, Hlia (the Maitre) and his staff attended to the guests and the buffet was opened as soon as the few short speeches where given. I also had wedding guests from Spain, Sweden, Crete, the U.K. and Karpathos – all of whom gave me a positive feedback about the wedding being the best wedding that they have attended in a long time. Needless to say i would recommend Poseidon Hotel to anyone who wishes to organize special family events. My heartfelt thanks to all at Poseidon Hotel on making this important day even more special than I expected. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Omonia
Fresh Hotel
Fresh Hotel
#33 of 326 in Athens

Been to Athens Poseidon Hotel? Share your experiences!