“Pleasant stay while at athens”
Review of Metropolitan Hotel

Metropolitan Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Paleo Faliro
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Not bad at all, me and hubby stayed at this place while on our vacation in athens.They have spacious rooms, ac in the rooms, they even sent up tea bags and electric kettle when we asked them for it, they cleaned our rooms everyday after we left and the staff was friendly so I really dont have any huge complaints to make.We also appreciated the bus shuttle they provide to take their guests to the city centre and back and there are shuttle times which was helpful.The only two things i could mention in passing and wish for them to improve upon are, firstly, to replace used glasses and plates in the room , while cleaning, with a set of new glasses and plates and secondly to take a bit of care of the towels and curtains of the room, which had become old and needed changing.Else all was good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
GMAthensGreece, General Manager at Metropolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Yell0w_wings,

We greatly appreciate your positive review and we are delighted to learn that you had a perfectly nice stay at our hotel and that you found our services provided and our hotel’s facilities to your satisfaction. Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know.

In addition we have taken action in all recommendations and we thank you for helping us to become better.

Once again we would like to thank you for your time and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Metropolitan on your next trip to Athens.

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Not sure if other rooms in the hotel have been renovated but the one we stayed in has not. Used to allow smoking in rooms so you can still smell it when the rooms get warm. Location is ok. If you want to walk to the city center it is about 5 km. You can walk it but will take about 40-45 min. Great for exercise if that is what you want. The staff is friendly & recommended a great restaurant within walking distance. Very busy hotel w/ many meetings. & conventions so it can be a bit noisy.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nvlinks

Dear nvlinks,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for your positive comments about the friendliness of our staff and for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel.

Please accept my apologies for not having fully met your expectations. I will make sure that all systems will be in place and that our non smoking policy is reiterated to our customers again.

We once again thank you for your valuable comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the Metropolitan Hotel.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. The best thing at Metropolitan Hotel was the food: from breakfast to dinner, everything was great.
The service was very good, the staff is qualified and they do their best.
The rooms were clean and spacious. The location is OK, you can always get a taxi to the city centre at the side of the hotel and there are regular shuttle buses too.

2  Thank Zoltan S
GMAthensGreece, General Manager at Metropolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Zoltan S,

We sincerely appreciate your time taken to write your beautiful comments regarding your stay at the Metropolitan Hotel.

We are pleased to know that you were satisfied with the quality of food served in our hotel, the service provided by our colleagues and the cleanliness of our rooms.

We make every effort to maintain both high standards in our product and in customer experience and I am delighted to see that our efforts were to your satisfaction.

Once again we thank you for your kind comments and we all are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Metropolitan Hotel, Athens.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed for business with several colleagues for over a week - and held a one-day meeting in one of their conference rooms (as I do in many cities around the world) and this property is just average. My observations:
- the beds were apparently only available in twins (pushed together made a 'queen') and were so very firm as to be uncomfortable! The comforter and pillows were nice though.
- the TV in my room was an ancient 18" model and the stations available were very limited for this type of hotel
- there is a free shuttle bus that will take you near the center of town (the schedule is limited - ask for it at the front desk)
- there was a robe in the room, but that and the towels were quite ratty. Nice Greek (Apivita) toiletries.
- the hallway and room carpet (at least on my floor) were badly stained throughout- No coffee maker in room
- Hair dryers are the old wall-mounted versions with no blowing power (it would have taken me 3 days to dry my hair with that thing - I asked for a 'real' dryer at the front desk and they had one sent up right away so that was great)
- the breakfast buffet is included and is quite nice. Nothing fancy, but a good selection of hot options, fresh yogurts, fruit, nuts, cheeses, breads and pastries and juices. Coffee is okay; the room is bright and large.
- seemed to be well-insulated as I didn't hear noise from other rooms or much from the hallway

The service was completely hit or miss depending on where and when - the breakfast staff seemed especially disaffected and it was difficult to get their attention to get coffee and milk most mornings. Front desk same thing - a couple of terrific employees and then some you couldn't get to look at you. We also had a couple of worrying incidents (my colleagues, I did not personally experience this) - a bag of personal belongings disappeared from his room, and they day after reporting it, he was told "go look, it's in your closet". Indeed it was back - put into a laundry bag and in a different place than he left it. Another had her room cleaned even after putting on the 'do not disturb' and her power cord put into a drawer. Hopefully all just lack of training.

Meeting room: I booked Delos and it's a large bright room. The chairs were comfortable and there was natural light from the windows along one side. The food was plentiful and good - they had ice water, candies, notepads and pens on the tables. The service when he was there was terrific - but we often had to hunt someone down. It's not the most modern, but I did have a projector, screen and power.

Things to note:
- La Veranda roof restaurant is not open until summer (assuming June?)
- This location is not near any tourist sites
- There are several really good Greek restaurants within walking distance (as are some sidewalk 'markets' where you can get water and snacks without getting ripped off in the mini bar
- The restaurant downstairs is realllly expensive, but the green salad was really good, as was the goat cheese souffle

Room Tip: I was in 523 so had 'view' of the water (through lots of cranes, etc) and was NOT over the...
3  Thank shezswan

Dear shezswan,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience regarding your stay here at the Metropolitan Hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not having fully met your expectations however we assure you that everything you mentioned will certainly be taken into consideration and any corrective actions required will be taken to ensure improvement.

Looking forward to personal welcoming you back at our hotel. I would be grateful if you let me know when you will be staying next with us.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We recently stayed at the hotel for a 3night break. I had read some negative comments on the hotel and all we can say is please ignore them. We had no problems at all, the staff were all so polite, we had breakfast every morning at the hotel and have no complaints. It was about half an hour from the airport to the hotel, the hotel arranged the taxi for us which cost 40 euros, it cost 7 euros to get into Athens city centre or you can take a slow walk which is around an hour. we would not hesitate to stay here again. Can not comment on the restaurant or pool as the pool was closed when we went but we did have a look up there and it looked very nice, There was also a spa but we did not use this, and the restaurant always had lots of people in it but we chose to eat out. Thank you so much for making our break so nice

Room Tip: We were on floor 7 which is top floor, above that is floor 8 and is the where the pool is, our room...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rose B

Dear Rose B,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for choosing Metropolitan Hotel and for taking the time to write your nice comments regarding your stay here.

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and you were satisfied with the quality of service of our colleagues and the convenient location of our hotel.

We once again thank you for your positive comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the Metropolitan Hotel.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Metropolitan is a lovely accommodation, with relatively spacious and stylish rooms. I enjoyed the lobby restaurant, especially the risotto with shrimp: it had body and lots of flavor. The hotel is very friendly to English-speaking guests and more than understanding to those who are less than sophisticated travelers. While the hotel facility is nice, it is the staff that earns 5 stars at the Metropolitan. I had the wrong kind of adapter for my cell phone and iPad. I also needed some other items, which the desk staff helped me find. Then, I left my iPad in the room when I checked out. I did not realize I did not have it until I was on a cruise ship. It took only two emails to establish that they had found it and they would send it to my home in the states, which they did, without charging me. I would recommend the Metropolitan, not only for their lost and found services, but for the combination of fine accommodations and excellent staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Author567
GMAthensGreece, General Manager at Metropolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Author567,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your pleasant experience while staying with us at the Metropolitan Hotel.
It was a pleasure to find out that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and that you were impressed by the quality of service provided by our colleagues.
Your feedback is valuable to all of us and I have already shared your wonderful comments with my team members.
We always strive to enhance customer experience and to offer value for money.

We are delighted to know that we have met all your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our company organised an international conference (and pre-congress workshops) on 10-11 April 2014. It was an event of great success, largely because of the excellent quality of services offered by the staff of the hotel. The Groups and Events managers, with all supporting staff, were of much help, both prior to the conference (with respect to meeting deadlines, securing group reservations for foreign participants, making excellent value-for-money customised catering proposals) as well as during the event (on-site support, observation of the conference's program, ontime delivery of coffee and lunch breaks, unlimited access to the fully equipped business center, free wi-fi access for all participants).

A bit far from the city centre, not easily accessible by public transportation, however quick to reach both from the airport as well as the centre of Athens, if travelling by car/taxi.

1  Thank Angeliki T
GMAthensGreece, General Manager at Metropolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Mrs. Angeliki T,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to organize your company’s conference and for taking the time to let us know about your pleasant experience during this event.

We are very delighted to hear that you were totally satisfied by the quality of service provided during the conference. Your wonderful comments will be passed to all members of the team which I know, will be much appreciated and act as a great motivator.

Once again we greatly appreciate your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to organize one more successful conference.

Sincerely Yours,

Athens Atrium Hotel & Suites
Blue Sea Hotel
Blue Sea Hotel
#1 of 3 in Alimos

Been to Metropolitan Hotel? Share your experiences!