“front desk was very good”
Review of Metropolitan Hotel

Metropolitan Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Paleo Faliro
center
“front desk was very good”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Check in was flawless, as was the checkout. They gave me a free late check out, and delayed billing until my meal was invoiced. The lobby coffee shop was good-- food and service. I did an airport/hotel/meeting/hotel/airport trip so I cannot comment on the location but it seems that there is nothing near there.. ( shops). There is a big construction across the street. on the downside.. the rug in the room might have been a bit cleaner. and the tv is from the stone age, but works well. towels are very nice. the big downside for me was breakfast... stale bread, runny scrambled eggs, mushrooms that looked boiled and then some substance thrown on them, very unappetizing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GMAthensGreece, General Manager at Metropolitan Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear shust,

We sincerely appreciate your time taken to write your comments regarding your stay at the Metroplitan Hotel.

We are pleased to read that you were satisfied with the service provided during your arrival and departure by our front desk staff.

In addition we have taken action in all recommendations and we thank you for helping us to become better.

Looking forward to personal welcoming you back at our hotel. I would be grateful if you let me know when you will be staying next with us.

Metropolitan Hotel, Athens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

A great hotel in a brilliant location. Staff were helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean and of good standard. Free WiFi and decent desk and chair were a bonus! Food in the restaurant was lovely and reasonably priced too. Highly recommended, will stay again when I return on business.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Stuart S
GMAthensGreece, General Manager at Metropolitan Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Mr. Stuart S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience while staying the Metropolitan Hotel.

We were very pleased to read your nice comments about the location of our hotel, the service of our staff, the room’s cleanliness and the lovely dinner you had in our restaurant.

We make every effort to maintain both high standards in our product and in customer experience and I am delighted to see that our efforts were to your satisfaction.

Once again we thank you for your kind comments and recommendation for our hotel and we all are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Metropolitan Hotel, Athens.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had our wedding reception at Metropolitan hotel and all I want to say is that every guest had a great time and felt satisfied on any level. An excellent experience, great service, delicious food, variety in menu, beautiful and clean rooms and last but not least very kind helpful and friendly hotel staff. Everything was well organized and I suggest everyone to share such an experience at Metropolitan hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMAthensGreece, General Manager at Metropolitan Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Elia K,

First of all we would like to thank you for holding your wedding reception at our hotel and we are glad to learn that your guests enjoyed this happy event with you.

We are also very pleased to read your lovely comments about the quality of service and food provided to you and your guests, the cleanliness of our rooms and the friendliness of our staff. Your wonderful comments will be passed to all members of the team which I know, will be much appreciated and act as a great motivator.

We greatly appreciate your review and recommendation of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you where once again you may enjoy our warm hospitality.

Best wishes and congratulations on your wedding.

Sincerely Yours,

athens
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We chose this fantastic hotel for our wedding reception and our first wedding night.the service and the benefits was above our expectations.The staff wad extremely kind and willing to meet all our needs.Also the food was delicious!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear dratsa,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to host your wedding reception.

We highly appreciate your positive comments regarding the high standard of services provided by our staff and the quality of our food.

We are delighted to learn that we have met all your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes and congratulations on your wedding.

Sincerely Yours,

Paris, France
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I went on holiday along with my family and my boyfriend and stayed at this wonderful hotel for 4 days. I was impressed with the excellent service and great experience I've had during my stay there. The restaurant food was very tasty and clean and the welcoming staff made me feel like there is nothing else I could wish for. It is worth to point out that during my last lunch I have accidentally dropped 2 of the plates from the table on the floor. I was extremely grateful to the staff who have replaced the plates immediately, without making any extra charges, which left me reassured that I've been offered a top class hospitality with no stress or issues. I definitely recommend this place to any individual that has an eye for luxury and great hospitality!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Larisa S
Dear Mrs. Larisa S,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for taking the time to write these wonderful comments regarding your stay at the Metropolitan Hotel.

It was a pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel and that you were impressed by the service of our staff.

We make every effort to maintain both high standards in our product and service and I am delighted to see that our efforts have been to your satisfaction.

We are delighted to know that we have met all your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was my first trip to Greece! My stay at the hotel trully met my expectations of Greek hospitality! My room had a beautiful view, was beautifully decorated and regularly cleaned! I adored the breakfast selection of goods and the service. Everyone was so friendly and I really felt the warm Greek hospitality. I couldn't recommend it enough!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Irene_Thomas
Dear Irene_Thomas,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your first trip to Athens.
We greatly appreciate your positive review and we are delighted to learn that we have met all your expectations of Greek hospitality.

Your kind comments regarding your room, the selection of breakfast buffet and the friendliness of our staff are most encouraging for our team to continue to offer high standards of services to our guests.

Once again we would like to thank you for your time and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Metropolitan on your next trip to Athens.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've stay for 2 nights at the hotel. The service was excellent. The business center was efficient and the stuff was very business needs travelling oriented. My flight back was late at night and the front desk let me have late check out with no additional cost. The business center can be booked for short meeting with no extra cost. The total atmosphere is fine and easy going.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GMAthensGreece, General Manager at Metropolitan Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Avshalom H,

We sincerely appreciate your time taken to to write your positive review for your stay here at the Metropolitan Hotel.

We were very pleased to learn that you had a perfectly nice stay at our hotel and that you found the service provided by our front desk and the facilities of the business center to your satisfaction.

Your kind and positive comments will make only become better every time.

Thank you again for your time and we all at the Metropolitan Hotel Athens looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paleo Faliro
Thissio / Makriyanni
Divani Palace Acropolis
Divani Palace Acropolis
#69 of 326 in Athens

Been to Metropolitan Hotel? Share your experiences!