“Typical Bad Service”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

It's so typical for Greek professionals to back their performance on popular places. So pathetic...Just the right place to meet upper class customers and have a drink at a snobbish, trendy place. That's all right. Still, how come staff being so rude and snobs, is their salary so high that allows them to behave as if customers' presence is not necessary for the business's existence...

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have heard about this place from friends and we have visited for lunch last week.
The atmosphere and the decoration are nice, service is good and the prices are normal.
Since we are reviewing a restaurant the most important part is the food. The menu seems to be different each day, depending on the availability of the ingredients and their prices, as the restaurant claims.
I found the menu a bit poor in the appetizers section. We had 2 main dishes and 2 deserts, both were tasty and above average, but nothing special. The price was ok for most of the dishes, but one dish was a bit overpriced for what it offered.

It is a nice place to visit, but I think there are similar places with better food.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the new Athens hit restaurant. In these times of economic crisis, a bunch of young guys and girls saw the opportunity and created "to spiti", which in greek means "the home" or "the house". The idea behind it, is the one on the title, lets make something simple and honest with a twist of hip atmosphere and minimal design.
Instant hit.
And the food? Lets not forget, we go to a restaurant not only for the atmosphere, or the vibe.
Well, in one word food is decent. Salads are fresh and tasty, i like the "stamnagathi", or the "fasolia mavromatica" or even the classic mozzarella with tomatoes.
For starters, a pizza is fine - excellent, in all varieties. I also love the veal carpaccio.
Main courses vary from just OK to very good. In my numerous visits, i've had from osso buco (OK), to burger (hhmmm....not up to my expectation), to salmon (really good), to tagliata (my favorite dish).
The real surprise comes at the end, when u get the bill. For 15-25eur. u had a 3 course meal with a beer! The good aspects of the crisis!
So all in all one cannot go wrong eating at the spiti. Definetely worth a visit.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is supposedly one of the extremely trendy places to be seen. So I was seen! Indeed I went for a light late lunch and got the vibe of a place that is happening. This is supposed to be a wholesome home eatery (Spiti = House) and somehow the menu kept its promise of simplicity. I had the pork with celery which my auntie cooks to perfection. Not bad at all, but not outstanding either. Be there if you're in the northern part of Athens, at least to see how trendy works in Greek.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have heard good things and we've tried! It's in a nice house with a modern minimal environment. The food was above average with an above average service too! The prices were ok for this kind of restaurant. Personally, I suggest the spiti for a casual dinner!