“I'll do it again, but read the Cautions...”

Joe Huber's Family Farm & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Borden
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Good: The Food was great, always is. It's a cool environment to be on a large family farm like that. You'll enjoy picking a pumpkin from the patch if that's waht you do. The Biscuits are really as good as everyone says. The chicken is amazing too.
Also, DINE OUT. Eat outside and you'll save some money from eatting inside.

Bad: The traffic getting in was long. Small country roads make it hard. The lines were pretty rough. Eatting outside it still took us 40 minutes to get our food after our order. It was so packed that getting on and off tractors with a disabled mother, a prego wife and 2 kids was a burden.

Ugly: We were given our order and I counted that we were short. I wasn't told it was gonna not have slaw. Then when I asked to replace it, the guy(teenager) was extremely hesitent. Finally I got something else, considering I paid for slaw, you would think I wouldn't have to wager over something I paid for. There were a good number of Bees outside. Honestly though, we were on a farm, I don't hold that against them. The last of the ugly is that everything cost money. Not a family friendly cheap event. Be ready to pay some money. If you go with a low budget, it's gonna be a rough time. The kids area should be free.

Honestly, like I said, we'll go again, but it's more hassle then I'd rather deal with. I give it a 4 because with all being said, the food is good and it is still a good time being there.

1  Thank Mark S
There are newer reviews for Joe Huber's Family Farm & Restaurant

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We went on a Saturday in October and the place was packed. We all had the family style dinner and thoroughly enjoyed it. The fried chicken and mashed potatoes were as good as my mother used to make. The other sides were equally good. The servings were plentiful and the service was excellent. I look forward to returning!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was so looking forward to going to Joe Huber's, but I was certainly disappointed when I got there. Traveled with a group of friends on a Saturday and it absolutely poured rain on us the entire way there from Kentucky ( 3 hours) and rained even harder once we arrived. We arrived early so we could enjoy the complex before our lunch reservation, however, there was nothing to do because of the weather. We "camped out" at the gift shop for about 2 hours. The gift shop is nothing but lots of "stuff" with Joe Huber's label on it. Everything is overpriced. Once called for lunch, another surprise - they do not have a menu on Saturday/Sunday. You either eat the family style meal for $19.99 (not including drink) or you can get a salad for $l.99. Being on Weight Watchers, I was able to order a vegetable plate, which consisted of 4 vegetables, but one of the vegetables I never received, so I paid $17.99 for three vegetables. The vegetables were not even good. I would have had a much better meal at the Cracker Barrel. They have an outside grill, but it was not open. I don't know if this was because of the weather or because it was the week end. If you go, take a picnic lunch with you and eat somewhere on the grounds. You will save lots of money and enjoy much more. Also, check the weather forecast !!!! Sorry to say I will never be back there.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The Joe Huber complex consists of a restaurant, orchard store and things for kids to do.
Be prepared to wait at the restaurant, especially on lovely Southern Indiana weekends. But there is hope for a meal.
The restaurant has a walkup window with a limited selection, including the fantastic fried chicken and deep fried biscuits. The biscuits end up being like a beignet, with a dense, yet fluffy texture and are served with apple butter.
The amusements are fun for kids, if a bit pricey.
The store is full of delicious canned products (jams, jellies, salsas) as well as some baked goods.
A decent stop, not too far off of I 57, along some green, hilly roads.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My kids wanted to go to a pumpkin patch so we did and they enjoyed it. Pumpkin prices are reasonable. 4$ minimum spend then a per pound add on.

The cartoon corn maze was $6 a head which was a little shocking. So for me, a 3 year old and a 4 year old it cost $18. To boot, it was the only event where I had to wait for the tractor a long time and really needed it since it was the end of the day and both my children were exhausted. They liked the corn maze so at least it was fun.

They had an inflatable climb and slide in the barnyard area which my 4 year old loves but they charge a dollar per slide. Given we were just at an event the night before and we had limitless sliding for $5 the Joe Huber Farm prices seemed high. I could understand if there were huge lines but when we were there we were the only ones.

The barnyard area games that cost tickets were mostly cheesy 'throw this, get that' type things. All of them are a 'pass' in my book. Some attendants couldn't even bother themselves to be encouraging or interactive with the kids. I can tell you there was no way my 3 or 4 year old would have been set up to have won anything at any of the small stations. My advice: skip the barnyard area, at least the stuff they want tickets for! The free stuff is better than anything requiring tickets ( except maybe the pony ride) and go for the pick it yourself areas.