“Kids love it. A good Saturday activity for a family in October around the southern Indy area but be careful of prices.”

Joe Huber's Family Farm & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Borden
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My kids wanted to go to a pumpkin patch so we did and they enjoyed it. Pumpkin prices are reasonable. 4$ minimum spend then a per pound add on.

The cartoon corn maze was $6 a head which was a little shocking. So for me, a 3 year old and a 4 year old it cost $18. To boot, it was the only event where I had to wait for the tractor a long time and really needed it since it was the end of the day and both my children were exhausted. They liked the corn maze so at least it was fun.

They had an inflatable climb and slide in the barnyard area which my 4 year old loves but they charge a dollar per slide. Given we were just at an event the night before and we had limitless sliding for $5 the Joe Huber Farm prices seemed high. I could understand if there were huge lines but when we were there we were the only ones.

The barnyard area games that cost tickets were mostly cheesy 'throw this, get that' type things. All of them are a 'pass' in my book. Some attendants couldn't even bother themselves to be encouraging or interactive with the kids. I can tell you there was no way my 3 or 4 year old would have been set up to have won anything at any of the small stations. My advice: skip the barnyard area, at least the stuff they want tickets for! The free stuff is better than anything requiring tickets ( except maybe the pony ride) and go for the pick it yourself areas.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

It makes me a little sad to write this review. Joe Huber's has been a long time favorite but since it has as passed to the younger generation it is not what it used to be. The restaurant is terribly over priced and the food is not very good. Servings are small and average at best. If you order the signature country platter of fried chicken and honey ham the price is $18.99. This does not include a drink or any type of dessert. I stopped by recently for lunch and opted to get a Reuben sandwich with comes with what is billed as homemade chips. The sandwich was $12.00 and to upgrade to another side was $1.99 extra. I stuck with the chips and they were stale. I was there at 11:30 in the morning so I think they were left from the day before.

This is billed as a family restaurant but families have to pay for every activity. There is an admission to get in the barnyard and then there is a ticket required for almost every activity inside the barnyard. Some rides require 6 tickets at a dollar per ticket. This is a restaurant that was once popular with seniors and families. It feels like everything is about making every dime they can from selling T-shirt and Sweatshirts that advertise their business, children' s activities and mediocre food. There is no value in what is offered. I felt like I had been taken advantage of. This spot is out in the middle of no where, It takes a deliberate effort to get there and unlike years past, it was very disappointing. I can't recommend and won't be back.

2  Thank SunsetGale
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This has become our annual rite of fall ritual. Routinely find the largest pumpkin we can carry, then eat at Joe Hubers for fresh from the farm food.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

A variety of things to do for any family! Apples are so fresh and delicious! Will make this a yearly trip for sure!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I love Huber's farm, the restaurant, not so much. I was very disappointed. The food was awful and overpriced. I ordered baked cod, chicken and dumplings, and a baked potato. The cod was cold and dry. The potato was brown inside, which meant it had been baked several hours ago. The chicken and dumplings were good, but not out of this world. The others with me ordered the fried chicken. They ate all of it, but said it was very greasy. Will come back for the farm activities, but not the restaurant. I have been to the winery and the food there is much better.