“Different”

Kentuckiana Trading
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Borden
More attraction details
Owner description: Everyday at Kentuckiana Trading is a sale! We sell all of our products at 50% off with additional discounts throughout the store up to 90% off retail price! Come out and visit us for some amazin' deals!
tucson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Different”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Name and signs are very misleading. This place is way to expensive and really full of 90% junk. Odd place. If you don't live within 15-20 miles of this place ,don't waste your gas driving there.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank tucsonjind
KentuckianaTrading, Owner at Kentuckiana Trading, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
tucsonjind,

I appreciate your response. I hate that you thought that we had a bunch of overpriced junk. However, I think that you must have stopped by during a "Lull" in inventory. At Kentuckiana Trading, we never know what, when, or how much of an item we get. With regards to the overpriced stuff, on the used items, we do not price those. They are priced by the consignor, and if it is overpriced, then it will go to auction. Which in some cases can be bought for a song. On the new items, if you think that something is overpriced, I encourage you to talk with a Trading Agent. When the new items come in, we price them at 40-80% off of what the big box stores are selling the exact same item. Depending on condition and how many we have. So if something was overpriced, it was a mistake or maybe it was a different model than what you were comparing too. Either way, just ask next time and we will look the item up online. We will beat any price for the same item on the big box store items (New items) so just bring those items to our attention. Thank you for the response and we hope that you will give us another opportunity!

Clarksville, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Watch the callers and the auctioneer”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Watch the callers and the auctioneer. Been there several times and while you think you have a bid you may not. # time on June 13, 2013 I was called to have a bid by the callers on the floor and I did not when the auction for the specific items ended. The auctioneer said he had the bid from another person not me. Come to find out the ones he said had the bid were regulars. So he watches them verses the callers on the floor or watching the crowd. If you say something then you will be asked if you want to bid higher on the item. Once is a mistake. Twice is not common. Three times in the same night is just flat not paying attention.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Adam H
Adam,

I apologize that we missed your bids. I assure you that it was not intentional and hope that you believe that as we are paid on commission, so the higher the sale price the more money we make. As far as asking if you wanted to bid more money, I don't know how familiar you are with auctions, but it is a common practice in the event of a missed bid, to open bidding back up. However we open it only to the bidder that the auctioneer has and the one that was missed, always starting with who the auctioneer has. It is an embarrassing mistake, that unfortunately happens and it is more difficult with the bleacher seating versus everyone bidding on the same level which forces everyone to raise there hand all the way up or yelling. I don't know if you caught the prelude, but I review that so that we can hopefully minimize this from happening, this is why we typically do not miss the regulars bidding. (Although we are all human and miss those from time to time as well) I hope that you will give us another opportunity, and if you do, please ask for me, Brandon as I would like apologize in person as it is not our intent. If not, Thank you for the feedback, and we will work on improving every auction!
Borden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place to spend a few Hours”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

A hidden treasure. Place looks like an industrial warehouse and not very inviting from the outside, but they have all kinds of deals on the inside. I ended up buying a new weber grill, Some Dewalt Power tools and the wife bought a bedroom suite. Not what I thought was going to happen when we walked in but when it is all priced 50% off, couldn't help it. They do have a lot of industrial stuff in the back, guy said they used to have it up front, but now its all Home stuff.

Kentuckiana Trading is an amazing place, highly recommended.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Brandon K
Thanks for the feedback, hope you continue to shop with us. Keep in mind we get SEMI LOADS in weekly, which means SEMI LOADS leave weekly. If you want the best deals, you have to shop regularly!
Borden, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you dont go every week you will miss something”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have never been to a place that has so much of so many things. I agree with the first review that they have a lot of industrial space, but with 8 acres under roof, there is a lot more. Recently they got in a whole bunch of brand new gas grills and patio furniture. All for about 50% off what Home Depot had it. The exact same stuff. I love it and highly recommend if you are in the area that you stop by. And I agree that the auctions are really cool.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank BrandonK52980
Pekin, Indiana, United States
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Mostly industrial stuff for sale...kind of boring.”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband and I have been to Kentuckiana Trading twice. Once to see what they had and once for the Thursday night auction. The place is huge! They mostly have industrial stuff and tools. If you go, the auction is better.

Visited January 2012
Shawna,

Thanks for the feedback. I hope that you have stopped back by since 2012. I agree in 2012, we had only been open for a few months and we started off with a substantial amount of Industrial stuff which is not for everyone. However, now we have modeled our business model into something that is not Boring at all. We have tons of new items in now and have moved most of the industrial items to the back as most people do not enjoy browsing for 3 phase equipment. If you have, I hope that you have a different outlook! Thanks for the feedback, that's why we moved the industrial stuff to the back.