“My recent stay”

Super 8 Bloomington
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was in Bloomington for a family party. This hotel is very conveniently located. The staff were very helpul when I needed to extend my stay due to a family member's sudden illness. They went out of their way to accomodate my needs.

There were two occasions when my electronic key card did not work and I had to get the staff to issue new keys. This was inconvenient.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The rate was great andt the accommodations were perfectly acceptable. My family was concerned we would regret not staying at one of the $120+/night hotels. We had a great experience for our 1 night stay. I would recommend this Super8 location to my family and friends. The bed was comfortable and free guest access to wifi was good. Our room had an iron/ironing board - my wife used this but it stayed too hot to store back in the plastic holder for about 10 minutes. The bath towels were a little smaller than I would have liked but again, perfectly acceptable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank DAVID M
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our traveling softball team stayed at this hotel for a tournament and was very pleased with the hotel. Rooms were large and comfortable. The double bed rooms had actual queen size and not full sized beds. Curtains on window were a little too long and would affect the thermostat for the air conditioner, but we just simply opened the curtain and the temperature setting worked just fine. We could tell the hotel had been recently remodeled and the new additions were very modern and nice. Staff was courteous with fast check-in and check-out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christina P
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, and on the second night we discovered 8 (EIGHT!!!) bedbugs in the bed our 4-year-old daughter was sleeping in. We could overlook the hair on the towels, the less-than-super-clean pool, and the slightly smelly bathroom, but obviously live bugs cannot be ignored. YUCK!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank megan1011
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Check-in was extremely fast, the staff friendly, the room clean and the bed was comfortable. The furniture was in excellent condition. There were three pillows provided for the queen bed. Two bath towels (small and thin), two hand towels, and two wash cloths were provided. The HVAC unit worked well and was not as loud as some. A hair dryer, iron, and ironing board were provided. Breakfast included bagels, hot and cold cereals, and packaged pastries (Otis Spunkmeyer, etc.) along with a waffle maker. I didn't have a chance to use the indoor pool or spa, but they looked clean. It was only a seven minute drive from the middle of the IU campus. However...

I was in room 226:
- Adequate bathroom for one person, for two you need to take turns at the sink.
- The tub faucet dripped.
- The WiFi signal was very weak (0 to 1 bar), which was all but useless.
- The curtains were too long and covered the HVAC unit. I had to stuff them onto the (deep) window sill and hold them there with a phone book to get air circulation.
- The bedside lamp was on the wall switch so it was impossible to turn off the floor lamp and leave the bedside lamp on while still having the floor lamp turn on and off by the wall switch.
- TV:
- There was no channel card (list of which stations/networks were on which channel numbers).
- The letters displayed by the TV when changing channels did not match reality (tune to NBC and the TV displays CBS, etc.).
- The TV's image was dark and all four edges of the screen were cut off (the picture was larger than the tube, or the bezel cut off the picture).

Room Tip: It is possible that lower numbered rooms (closer to the lobby) may have a stronger WiFi signal.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel was about $50 cheaper than the competition, and I'm glad I saved that $50. The room was clean and pleasant, the staff was courteous, and the breakfast was fine. I didn't use the pool or hot tub, but people seemed to be enjoying these facilities. There's really no reason to spend more when you go to Bloomington.

2  Thank annmarkus
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed here twice. Both times we had a good experience. The first time it was my son and his fiance as we came up to find them an apt. The second trip was to move them up there. Our rooms were clean, nice smelling and it was affordable both times. It is very convenient to the college area and other parts of Bloomington. We were minutes away from two shopping centers. the college and their apartment. It was convenient to park the moving van overnight when we got there the second trip. Breakfast is quick and you can make waffles if you choose. Just wish they has some fruit and/or yogurt to eat besides all of the sweets! We will stay there again. The bathroom is small but we managed!

Room Tip: We stayed on third floor first time which is a flight of stairs up. The second trip we were on the s...
2  Thank Lou Ann N