“Perfect for our needs.”

Courtyard Bloomington
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The Courtyard was a perfect location to visit IU.

The hotel was an older Courtyard (without the newer lobby style with TVs and café), but the room was clean and the employees were very friendly and helpful. The 24 hour coffee/ flavored ice water and cookies in the afternoon and muffins in the morning was a nice touch.

The employees were friendly and truly impressed me when I overheard the way they handled a guest complaining about being cold in the middle of the night yet failing to call for an extra blanket. They smiled and apologized for her discomfort in what seemed like a silly complaint to me.

There were restaurants within and easy walk of the hotel, yet we chose to drive because of the freezing cold temperatures.

We had a nice sized room with two double (queen?) beds and a pull out couch.

If my daughter choses IU, this will be my go to hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Barry V, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Good afternoon and thank you for staying. We certainly hope your daughter chooses IU! The town is wonderful, food is great, and as you stated, campus is very close to Courtyard Marriott! If she doesn't choose IU, we would still love to have you back because Bloomington is a great place to visit!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed here following an IU game. Just an OK hotel. Room was clean. No safe in room. Could use some cosmetic touch ups. In a good location...can walk to downtown and Kirkwood area if weather is nice. Parking was easy and is next to hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your constructive comments. We are always looking to improve, and we take the comments of touching up very seriously. I suggest you come back soon and take a look at our progress!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We took a chance and booked this hotel on Priceline. The best part was its close proximity to campus. It was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your response and comments! We appreciate your business!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We hosted a weekend graduation celebration at the Courtyard by Marriott - Bloomington IN, in December 2013. The entire Courtyard staff helped to make our family event a happy and stress-free experience. From the sales staff, to the front desk personnel, to the housekeeping and maintenance departments, all were so gracious and helpful. I can not say enough about how well we were treated. The facility is very nice too. We couldn't have been more pleased. It is also an easy, 2 block walk to the heart of town and many fine restaurants and night spots.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Bonnie,

The staff were delighted to hear of your experience here! It really helps all of us continue to work hard and provide our guests with everything they need. Thank you for the great response. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I ended up at the Courtyard after bidding on Priceline, which of course your not sure where you will end up just in an area they describe. This is an older Courtyard and probably not up to the same standards as other Courtyards I have frequented. BUT with that said it was a very nice stay. Beds were comfortable and room was nice. We had one cleaning concern but they addressed it. If I had paid "high dollar" for the room I would expected the more common standard however, this room at this price was a good deal. The bottom line - yes I would stay there again. Clean and comfortable is what I shoot for and they had it.

Room Tip: End of the hall away from elevator & ice machine
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the property! We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The redeeming thing about this hotel is the friendly and competent staff. There was only luke warm water in the morning for showers, towels were old and thread bare. Rooms were very basic. This is what I would expect at an economy hotel or hostel, not at a Marriott. The experience was not terrible but this is not a good value for the money.

Stayed: December 2013
Barry V, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you for letting us know how your stay was. We use this information to continuously adapt and better our hotel! I am very happy that the staff took great care of you. If you are able to send me an email with your information that details the room you were in, I will make sure that we adjust the temperature of the water to ensure the next guest has hotter water. I am sorry it wasn't set properly before your arrival. Thank you for your help!

Here is my email: barryvolkers@remingtonhotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was recently in town for two nights on business. Thursday night was great ... very quiet and peaceful. Friday night was a different story. There was a party next door that started around 9:30. Around 12:30, it was still going on and I thought about going down to the front desk, but it seemed to slow down as soon as i got dressed. As soon as I got back in bed, the doors started slamming again and it went on. I dozed off and was awakened at 3:30 by a lot of partying. I called the front desk and reported it. About 15 minutes later, I heard a knock on the neighboring door and the party started breaking up. It finally got quiet around 4:15 or so. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. The next morning at checkout, I mentioned the problem to the lady at the desk. As she was apologizing, the man working with her chimed in "were you on the 5th floor?". I said that I was, and he stated that he heard there was a big party up there, and another one on the 4th floor. At my conference on Saturday, I heard several people talking about the partying that went on into the night. The rooms are decent, but the walls are thin and those doors sounded like thunder claps when they close (very few people anymore seem to have the decency to catch a door and let it close slowly). I'm a Marriott Rewards member, but I'll have to forego the points next time and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Barry V, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to respond and letting us know ways that we can improve our hotel; your feedback helps immensely. We apologize for the disturbances during the second night of your stay. As a hotel, we do our best to try and minimize disturbances throughout the night; afterall, you are here to sleep! Please send me an email or give me a call on your return trip to the area and we will ensure that your experience is to level you expect with Marriott! We thank you for helping us better our services.

Warm regards,