“Good Service- Excellent location”

Courtyard Bloomington
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Maiden, North Carolina
“Good Service- Excellent location”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed here for the IU/Navy football game in Sept. I had also stayed here in the spring. On both occasions the staff has been helpful and courteous. The rooms are clean and the location is great. The rooms were cleaned expertly and the grounsd are trim and neat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Barry V, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you Frank! We look forward to hosting you for the next IU/Navy game when IU pulls out the win.

Have a great weekend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Singapore
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great midwestern service by the staff, really no complaints there.

But the rooms need to be updated and the walls are paper thin. Could hear activities going on in all 4 directions after midnight which made it difficult to get to sleep.

But the biggest gripe are the towels! They are way too thin and it feels like I'm sanding myself down with sandpaper after a shower. New towels are definitely needed at this hotel.

Breakfast could also use some variety...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am happy to hear that the staff took great care of you! We always use these responses to better our hotel. I appreciate the candid response about the towel quality. We are always purchasing new towels and trying to provide only our best at all times. I am sorry that we did not live up to our standard during your stay. As we always look to better our services, I would be thankful if you would send me an email with some suggestions on how to add more variety to our breakfast!
Thank you in advance!

barryvolkers@remingtonhotels.com
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed in a king room for one night, after delivering an IU student back to campus. The hotel is located just a couple blocks from the downtown square (a 5 minute walk) and just several blocks from the beautiful IU campus (a 10-15 minute walk up Kirkwood St. to the gates). The hotel has a large parking lot, and it was easy and convenient to park my car there and leave it until I was ready to leave Bloomington.
The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly: the front desk clerk checked me in quickly and readily answered my questions about the hotel and the area, and a member of the housekeeping staff came to my rescue when I couldn't get my room keycard to work (she took the faulty card down to the front desk and returned within moments with a replacement, saving me the trip - I was also impressed with her sensitivity to security issues).
My king room was large, with quite a bit of open space; the room and the bathroom were spotless, though not luxurious or updated. My room was on the 3d or 4th floor facing the street - early in the evening I heard street noise, though that abated and it was quiet after about 8:00 p.m. If I return, I would stay at the Courtyard again, though I would probably ask for a room on the back side (I was given a choice when I checked in).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you! We appreciate the detailed stay experience. This information is very helpful for other potential guests. We look forward to your return and your future positive comments!

Warm regards!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

My son and I stayed here while visiting the Indiana University campus. Pros - great proximity to IU campus, cleanliness, helpful front desk employees, and fresh popped popcorn and yummy cookies in lobby. Cons - noise from other rooms through the walls and breakfast was
Ok not great. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay! We think we are a great hotel to stay at if you are visiting Indiana University! Ill make sure to pass on your comments about the great staff!

Thank you!
Lexington, KY
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Exactly what I've come to expect from renovated Courtyard properties - comfortable room with plenty of space, decent options at their cafe (remember no free breakfast) and good amenities for a mid-level hotel. Staff was helpful and friendly. Location was easy to access with (what seemed to be) a decent amout around. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words. We equally look forward to your return visit!
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is simply a clean place to sleep. No restaurant, no lounge. But if you bring your own food or walk a few blocks for some, you're fine. Oh, and the walls can be pretty thin -- I was awakened in the middle of the night by a lengthy conversation in the hallway outside my door.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Barry V, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Courtyard Marriott Bloomington! We appreciate all feedback and are happy that you enjoyed your stay minus the noise. We are always seeking ways to improve the quality of our guests' stay; we understand that people talking in the hallways late at night can be a deterrent to a good nights rest. We will work on this!

Thank you!
indiana
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This really is a great property for the Bloomington/IU area. The location is top notch--you can really walk to everything except for the college athletic venues (but no hotels are really closr enough to walk to those), so bars, restuarants, & shopping can all be done by foot.

The rooms are big enough for a family of 4, & if you book a suite, those can accomodate 6 peeps with the sofa bed & a blowup-there is ample room. I have to confess that for an even better location & the use of my traveler points, we do prefer the Hilton Garden Inn, but as our family ages & grows bigger, we will now be staying here regardless as the HGI has much smaller rooms & only a couple smaller suites.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Barry V, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay here. We love that you were able to easily move about the downtown area without having to worry about parking or the new parking meters. We look forward to hosting you and your larger family in our larger rooms in the near future!