“Well run Courtyard”

Courtyard Bloomington
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed for two nights and will return to this hotel again later this year. Service was outstanding and this was a nice Courtyard. The room was very comfortable, adequate plugs for electronics and other thoughtful touches. Very convenient location, a few blocks from the university. Adequate gym facility. Good breakfast service. It was a nice added touch to receive a thank you email from the manager staff following the stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fred200099
Barry V, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for the kind words! I am happy you enjoyed our customer service and our breakfast! We have passed this information to our team and were excited and re-energized! Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel was clean, convenient and had ample parking. Would like it if they had another mirror in the room instead of just the bathroom. Walls are thin though, but it got the job done. They are kind of far from campus I wish they could offer some sort of shuttle especially after dark.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We booked two rooms for this event ahead of time. When we arrived at 4:30pm there was only one room ready. We took it and the other couple waited in our room until theirs was ready approx. 45 minutes. The clerk was very rude to the other couple. The room was ok, and was very good location for the Upland Wine Event, Another couple that had also booked their room ahead of time, was asked if they would move to another hotel? They of course would pay for the room. The couple had a confirmation # for their room. They stayed here, convenience of room was what they needed. Kind of odd that people would ask you to move to another hotel, when you already had confirmation # for room... and the rudeness was not necessary.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel is clean and convenient. No problems with hotel or staff, but our room overlooked pool where people were laughing and talking loud until wee hours, keeping us awake. Also, when people walked down the hall, laughing, talking or knocking, it would awaken us also. Walls appear to be very thin.

Room Tip: The hotel was very convenient, clean and the problems I had did not reflect the hotel or staff, howe...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The best part for me is they have white comforters so I know they bleach them. The bed is comfortable, free wii fi, a pool & hottub, free complimentary breakfest & close to everything. What else could I ask for? Nice hotel

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank shezgotleggs
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel twice in the past few months and was not disappointed in the quality offered. Lobby is nice, staff is knowledgeable and courteous, location is great within blocks to campus with ample parking. Offers a nice hot or cold breakfast for a small charge but is worth the cost for the convenience. Nice touch to set out cookies in the afternoon. They have coffee tea and water also all day in the lobby. Pool area looked nice although we did not use it. Only downfall is that the price you will pay for a room is reflective of what is going on at the university during that time. During summer for orientation we paid over $175 for room which I thought was a bit high. If you want a cheaper room you will have to go further away from campus. That is the price you pay for the location which was worth it for us. Only giving four stars because there is not a full service restaurant in the building.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank enjoyasmile
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I will agree that it's very close to almost everything. It's close to the campus, where was where I was headed the next morning for business. The room was well done, the bed rocked my world (so comfy), and the breakfast was pretty stellar. Besides that the staff was very friendly and helpful.

So, the negatives... my room faced the street. I heard 6 ambulances or police cars throughout the night and it was so loud that it woke me all 6 times. Thus, I would not suggest having a room that faces the street. I was also close to the side door, which slapped shut several times. My air conditioner, when it kicked on, sounded like a pull start lawnmower. It started, then stopped, started, then stopped, then started... and it too was loud and woke me up. I was literally exhausted the next day.

Would I stay again? Yes, but I would request a room as far away from the road and doors as possible.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business