“It Is What It Is”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was staying in Bloomington for one night and didn't want to spend a lot of money for one night. But I guess things have changed in Bloomington since the last time I was there. It's not cheap anymore. I looked around at all the hotels and based solely on price I stayed at the Fairfield. It's not far from IU but not close either. It's not far from downtown Bloomington but not close either. About a 10 minute drive. Overall the reviews I read pretty much sum it up. It's a clean hotel. Fairly new. I was there with my sons and Queen beds are a must and it had fairly comfortable Queen beds. I didn't eat the breakfast since I had a huge dinner the night before but it looked pretty good. I'm going to say this hotel is your typical Fairfield. Nothing more and nothing less. I'd stay there again if I was in Bloomington for a night or two. Hopefully I'll be back soon.

Room Tip: Any room is acceptable.
1  Thank Rowlett9105
Tiffany N, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn Bloomington. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I do apologize about the recent prices, Bloomington has gone up due do the University. We do have a Indiana University Parents club that every night you stay takes 10% off your stay, except special events such a graduation and football weekends, and the 10th night is free. Hope you do stay with us the next time you are in the area.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I would have rated this average. But I've stayed in many marriott properties and this is not a good one. Staff is excellent and so helpful, but the hotel is just run down and gross. There was some sort of stain on my shower curtain, I don't really want to think about what it was. The rooms were ok, but my co worker said hers had a funny odor and she asked to be moved. My mini fridge made strange noises all night. The common area was cramped, crowded and uncomfortable.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank courtneymccollum
Sean H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel. Please know that we take the needs of our guests very serious. It is our goal to not only meet, but exceed our guest’s expectations. I wanted to personally reach out to you and apologize for your recent experience at our hotel. I do apologize for the inconvenience and we have discussed these issues with our housekeeping department. I want to do what I can to resolve the situation, if you would please contact me directly at the hotel so that I can get your information. Thank you once again for your feedback and please call me as soon as you can. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I brought my family with me to Bloomington for a 3-day summer conference, and we stayed in this hotel. The one highlight of our 3 nights here was the staff - they really were excellent and accommodating. Unfortunately, that's the only positive thing I can say about this hotel. By the end of our stay, the problems we had encountered, and the frequency with which we were noticing them, started becoming somewhat humorous. We half-expected the ceiling to cave in on us. The first thing we noticed was when we stepped out of the elevator onto our second floor. I don't know what that smell was, but it lingered for our entire stay, and it was not pleasant. We had problems with our room keys not working every day we were there, and after we had it checked out and (supposedly) fixed, they still wouldn't work, and after they were replaced with new keys, they still wouldn't work. On the bright side, we got to share a lot of family time together, riding the elevators up and down, over and over, to try and address the problem. Inside the hotel room, the drain in the room sink didn't work. The light in the bathroom went out on our second day. The air conditioning couldn't keep up with the heat - and it wasn't even THAT hot outside. Nothing out of the ordinary for mid-June in Indiana. But we had that air conditioner on as high as it would go, and it was still muggy in our room. The room would finally get cooled to a comfortable temperature around 2:30-3:00 in the morning, and then by noon, it was too hot again. Not good when you have your 2-month old daughter and 4-year old son staying in the same room. Makes it hard getting them to sleep. The hotel pool, which is supposed to be heated, was absolutely ice cold. My son and I played in there for about 5 minutes before we gave up because it was so cold. And I wouldn't even chance bringing my daughter in. That was frustrating, because the pool was one of the main reasons we booked this hotel. I should mention, the breakfast was good. We had no complaints there. So I guess really it was just the physical structure of this hotel that was such a let-down. When my wife and I were discussing it on our drive back home, we agreed this was the worst hotel we've ever stayed in. And the two of us stayed in a $40/night Motel 6 a few years ago. This was worse. I don't believe we'll ever stay in a Fairfield Inn again. Not just this particular one, but any of them.

1  Thank Nick B
Tiffany N, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel. Please know that we take the needs of our guests very serious. It is our goal to not only meet, but exceed our guest’s expectations. I wanted to personally reach out to you and apologize for your recent experience at our hotel. I to would have been upset if I had to keep going up and down the elevator to get keys remade. I do apologize for the inconvenience that was with the rest of the issues. I want to do what I can to resolve the situation, if you would please contact me directly at the hotel so that I can get your information. Thank you once again for your feedback and please call me as soon as you can. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We are staying here now. Too late at night to change. We've already had to change rooms because of a non-functioning toilet. Seriously, you don't check this beforehand? Also, a NASTY stain on the bedspread. Just gross!

• Stayed: June 2014
Tiffany N, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel. I would like to resolve this if you could please contact the hotel directly. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was taking my son for orientation at IU. What a nice place to stay. The hotel is clean, the room was very nice. I have never had 5 pillows on each of the 2 queen beds we had in the room. Breakfast was included and very good. Eggs, sausage, toast or bagels, juice, milk, several cereal choices and muffins. Indoor pool. Looking forward to staying there again over the next 4 years. The only downside is the ac unit (can not talk about the heat). When the unit came on it was very loud and that cycled all night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

I want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your experience at our hotel. It is feedback like this that helps us to continually improve our service that our guests receive while staying with us. We look foward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Staff goes the extra mile very attentive . Found out was our granddaughter birthday an had balloons delivered to our room. What a great surprise for her an how very thoughtful of the staff. Breakfast was typical but good. Property kept very clean an location is close to everything. Nice place to stay in bloomington.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn Bloomington was enjoyable. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

This has been my go-to place when I stay in Bloomington. I am somewhat restricted where I can stay due to my dependency on my CLC card, but this place accepts the card and has been a great place to stay. I have no complaints. Each time I've stayed here, the place has been clean, staff was friendly, and the location is near the amenities I prefer.
They even provide supper each Tuesday night. They alternate from Pizza, to pasta, to subs. There has always been plenty to eat even when I've come back late. To me, this is an added benefit to not need to leave for a meal, not spend more money on food, and have plenty to fill up on.
Whenever I am back, I'll be sure to stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business