“Wonderful, friendly and helpful staff.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
evansville, in
“Wonderful, friendly and helpful staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

My experience with the staff was exceptional. I mean the whole staff was so helpful and friendly. The location was very convenient. The breakfast was great with a lot of choices. The chocolate chip cookies were yummy. I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank purplemamajj
Daniel Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback.

Daniel Zeller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Great value, good service, convenient location. Close to food, shopping, and Indiana University. The cookies at checkin was a nice touch. All staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was typical Fairfield. I would stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have traveled my fair share throughout my life and have stayed in a variety of different hotels. I generally am very tough on hotels (as I work for one), but I do have to say that the staff at the Fairfield Inn Bloomington was simply amazing! I would like to point out one particular person, Charles the hotel engineer. He went above and beyond of what is expected by any guest. The reason for my family and I staying at this location was due to a funeral and Charles offered to show us the way to the cemetery. He made arrangements with my father the day prior to the funeral and on the day, he got into his car and had us follow him to where we were going. The trip time was at least 20 or 25 minutes. It completely blew me away that he was kind enough to take time out of his day and use his personal car to help my family and I get to where we needed to be.
The next time I go to Bloomington I will most certainly go to the Fairfield!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We checked in this hotel on Sept 22 for the Lotus Festival, got there at 10am, hoping to get an early check-in and we did. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. They warned us that there is construction sight outside but no work is being done on weekends. Room was clean, with extra towels, shampoo and soap. Water pressure in the shower was good, easily got hot water. Room even has a microwave. Very accessible to the highway without hearing any road noise. We needed a map and the staff provided one for us. Ample parking space. Good location because it is close to town, close to restaurants, gas station. They have a small "market" to buy snacks. Breakfast starts at 6am and ends at 10am. We had our breakfast at 8:30am, and there were plenty of people eating breakfast. There was a line in the waffle area and we ended up not waiting in line. Good food selections (with eggs, fruits, breads, yogurt, cereals, milk, waffles and oatmeal). Free newspaper. with pool and gym. Will stay again in Fairfield Inn.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a good view, quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
South Bend, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I checked into the Fairfield Inn on September 7. I booked online for September 7 & 8. I was a late arrival and went to bed soon after arrival after a long drive. I noticed the carpet had some white powdery stuff on it near the bed. When I got up in the morning I found someone else's hair in the bathtub and some toiletpaper stuck to the front of the toilet near the base. I had no choice but to wipe stuff down and showerbecause I was in town for a wedding. At about 10 am I told the desk clerk the situation and checked out. I received my credit card statement and saw I was billed for two nights. I called for an adjustment, but was told that they checked the room after I checked out and said it was "clean". It was a disgusting experience! No Fairfield Inn again ever for me!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Daniel Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank You Linda for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I have taken your comments to our Executive Housekeeper and have been working to ensure this does not happen again. Feedback like this is what helps keep our hotel among the leaders within the Fairfield Inn Brand.

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I made a reservation here because it was a Smoke Free hotel and Continental breakfast was
provided. The hotel smelled stale when we entered and I asked if it was a Smoke Free hotel
as advertised. The woman at the front desk said it was, but our room reeked of stale smoke.
I called the front desk and they sent a housekeeper up to show me another room. She had heavily sprayed the room with a nauseating fragrance, which would only mask the smoke odor
for a short time. They were polite when I told them we would have to go to another hotel, as
neither my 85 y.o. mother or I would tolerate the odor. The Holiday Inn Express was next
door and was an excellent option. I later found out that as of July 1, 2012, all hotels in
Indiana have to be smoke free, which explains the odor and their advertising.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Daniel Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your experience at our hotel. I wanted to let you know that your experience here is not a common experience and I would like to investigate this to ensure that no other guest experience this at our hotel. Marriott as a company in 2006 started a smoke free hotel policy stating that all Marriott Hotels would be smoke free. This has been the standard since 2006 at our property and to hear your room smelled of smoke concerns me as we do have guest from time to time that do not obey the rules of the hotel and smoke inside their rooms. If you would give me a call and let me know what rooms you where shown I would appreciate it as it will give me the opportunity to work with maintenance and housekeeping to ensure these rooms are returned to the smoke free environment we are looking for. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you again for your feedback.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I made a three day stay at the Fairfield Inn this past April. I have no complaints about the room or the property whatsoever. The staff went out of their way to meet all of my needs. The room was clean and well appointed. Deserving special recognition was my houskeeper, Tiffany who left a nice note in the room every day that I was there. Although general in nature, the notes were a nice personal touch that made me feel a little more comfortable in a city that was far from my home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor facing away from the highway. These room are very quiet and peaceful...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. We strive to ensure all of our guests have a memorable experience. I have shared your comments about Tiffany and her warm notes with the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Bloomington.