“Nice Business Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Naples, Florida
“Nice Business Hotel”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I get to Bloomington once a month on business and this is my hotel of choice. It is centrally located to numerous chain restaurants, shopping and IU. The staff at the front desk and housekeeping have been extremely efficient and pleasant. This is a nice hotel to get business done in Bloomington. I would also not hesitate in staying there either business or pleasure. I also believe that the rooms have been value priced. I will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
dlz101082, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
We are so happy to hear you enjoy your stays with us! It is a pleasure to have you as our guest. I will make sure to pass your feedback on to our staff members. Thank you for taking the time to provide your review on our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I managed to screw up our reservations for IU commencement weekend, one of the busiest of the year in this university town. The night manager (we arrived late), Mike Kemp, received us with asurances that the problem would be resolved and sent us to our rooms with relief. The next morning, Dan Zeller, the manager, took care of the difficulty in record time, and found a way for us not to be charged for a room that we didn't need.

This Fairfield Inn is a very well-run property, clean, comfortable, up-to-date, and convenient both to the campus (although not in walking distance) and the highway to Indiapolis and the airport. I would recommend it to anyone staying in Bloomington.

I rated value as average if only because Bloomington has a finite number of rooms, and hotels would be irrational not to raise rates on busy weekends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
dlz101082, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
I wanted to thank you for this glowing review. The entire staff works extremely hard to ensure that all guest have a wonderful experience. It was our pleasure to have you with us for IU Graduation weekend and can not wait for you to come back and see us the next time you are in Bloomington.
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2012

The property is easy to get to and within walking distance to several lower end restaurants. I felt like it was a safe area and wasn't worried about my car being broken into overnight.

The rest of the story.

I have Marriott Gold status and stay in Fairfield Inns about 75% of the time when traveling for business, so I am very familiar with the product and have reasonable expectations.

Upon arrival, the front desk clerk was pleasant enough, although when asked for specific restaurant suggestions, all I got was to "drive to the square a couple miles away, there are a lot of restaurants there."

When I got off the elevator on the third floor, I was immediately hit with a stench that was a combination of wet dog, litter box, and vomit. I should have taken that as a sign and checked out immediately. The carpet was faded and the hotel overall needed an update.

The room was clean but felt tired. Pretty typically appointed for a Fairfield, although one of the smaller standard king rooms I've been assigned in quite some time.

I slept well until 4:00 am when some drunks came down the hallway and fell into my door, waking me up. They continued to make noise in the hallway for a good five minutes or so before finally finding their room and letting the door slam behind them.

When I checked out in the morning, I mentioned this to the desk clerk and was told "We can't control that." Really? You can't control loud guests? It seems that as they fell into the lobby a stern warning should have been issued. Other Fairfield's have a "one strike" rule clearly posted at check-in and in the elevator, and they enforce it.

The breakfast area was very, very small and cramped, I had to sit on the sofa in the miniscule lobby to eat because there were no tables available. Trying to get food required you to bump into people who were trying to eat. It was about as unwelcoming as it could have been.

There are plenty of other hotels in the area, next time I'll give the adjacent Towne Place a try, but I won't be back to this Fairfield.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lovescabs
dlz101082, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel. It is feedback like this that helps us to continually improve our service that our guest receive while staying with us. Please know that we take the needs of our guest very serious, it is our goal to not only meet, but exceed our guest’s expectations. I wanted to personally reach out to you and apologize for your recent experience at our hotel. I to would have been upset had I been awaken at 4 am to loud and discourteous guest while away from home on business. I know how valuable a good night’s rest is before a busy day. . I want to do what I can to rectify the situation, if you would please contact me directly at the hotel so that I can get your information. I would like to investigate the issue and ensure that our staff is following all of our company’s procedures and do any follow up training that is necessary to ensure we are doing our very best to exceed our guest expectations. Thank you once again for your feedback and please call me as soon as you can. I look forward to hearing from you.

Daniel Zeller
New Jersey
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This hotel is top notch! We stayed at this Fairfield Inn recently while visiting my nephew at Indiana University. The hotel is extremely clean, pleasant and very comfortable. We felt right at home the minute we checked in after a long trip. I did not see any of the conditions as stated by the previous reviewer! It was NOT run down at all! This is definitely the place to stay in my opinion, plus the staff went out of their way to be very helpful and were very pleasant. This is one of the better hotels to stay at when choosing from a wide variety in and around the college vicinity. I definitely recommend!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
dlz101082, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Bloomington Indiana and your wonderful review of our hotel and services! We were delighted to have you stay at our hotel and look forward to your return the next time you are in town to visit your nephew.
Valhalla, New York
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed one night with our daughter who was visiting Indiana University. We have stayed at Fairfield Inn's before, and this one is not like any of the previous ones we visited. The wallpaper was pealing off the wall in our room, the air conditioner made such a racket that we had to place our shoes on it to keep it from rattling (and it didn't blow cool enough air), and the bathroom was in need of an overhaul.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am shocked at the experience you are describing in your review as we take great pride in the Maintenance and Upkeep of our facility. I would love to personally hear from you to find out what room you were in so that we may investigate these claims and fix any items we find to be in need of repair as soon as possible. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that I may rectify this situation for you.
Flora, Indiana
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This hotel is tops in my opinion! Great front desk service, VERY comfortable beds, and a wonderful variety for their continental breakfast. We stayed in a suite with a king size bed, a couch bed, and we had a roll-away. There was not very much room for the roll-away, but we made do. I liked that the air conditioner in the room had a setting for "constant fan", which provided us some "white noise" for sleeping purposes. Didn't hear a thing the entire night with the fan running constantly. I've read posts about the prices, but I thought it was reasonable compared to other hotels of it's caliber. I would DEFINITELY stay here again when I'm in Bloomington to visit my daughter at IU!

Room Tip: The suite was comfortable and convenient with teenagers - they had their t.v.for gaming or watching...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
dlz101082, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
The staff at the Fairfield Inn Bloomington and I wanted to Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. It means a lot to our associates to be recognized as they work very hard to provide superior service to our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Until then have a great Spring and Summer Season.
guntersville,AL
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at the Fairfiled Inn in Bloomington,IN. We were in town with our daughter while she visited the IU campus in consideration for grad school. Hotel was only about 10 min from the campus. Room was very clean and housekeeping did a thorough job each day. Very comfie beds and pillows! Very modern colors and decor. Room had a microwave and frig. We experienced record high temps for this time of year and we had a little problem with the air conditioner at first. I called front desk and she was very polite and helpful. Problem was rectified quickly! There was a pool but we did not use it. There was also a fitness room that we did not use. The weather was nice so we walked the block around the hotel. Breakfast was pretty standard: waffles, cereals, yogurt, juices, muffins, boiled eggs, fruit and some microwavable breakfast sandwiches. Every afternoon they have chocolate chip cookies out and refreshing lemon and lime infused water. Nice touch! Lots of restaurants and shopping near by. I would definetly stay here again. I four daughter chooses to attend IU, this hotel will see more of us!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
dlz101082, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomington, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Fairfield Inn Bloomington staff and I wanted to Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. It means alot to our associates to be recognized as they work very hard to provide superior service to our guests. Hopefully your daughter will choose IU and we will see you again. Until then have a great Spring and Summer Season.