“Stay clear of the prepackaged scrambled eggs.”

Hampton Inn Bloomington
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Brentwood, California, United States
“Stay clear of the prepackaged scrambled eggs.”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The room was good and the staff friendly, but when compared to other Hampton Inn's the breakfast service was a low quality effort. The eggs are packaged and are rubbery, dry and tasteless. Also, many items were out of stock and it appeared that no one was working the breakfast service. We will try again as it may have been a one time thing.

Room Tip: The TV in the room was new and had great picture quality.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hannah R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I am so glad you enjoyed your room and the new TVs in particular. I am sorry to hear that your breakfast was anything less than spectacular, but I hope we get the chance to show you how we are working to improve your experience at the Hampton Inn. We love having you here!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York, NY
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was in Bloomington for a work event and decided to stay at the Hampton Inn rather than the Four Points where I stayed last year. Hampton Inns are consistently good and overall, I had a good stay at this hotel.

When I got to my room, I saw a handwritten note from the housekeeper which was a nice touch. I also saw a random yellow post-it note on the headboard of the bed (see photo) that said "duvet covers and sheets are clean for your arrival." My first reaction was, "I would HOPE so!?" It was clearly a pre-printed post-it and I also saw a similar message on the elevator (see photo). I understand that Hampton Inn is trying to promote the fact that they clean the duvet cover for every guest (plus!) but reassuring me that you are changing the sheets for every guest is a little strange. I stayed a few Hampton Inns during my trip and saw this post-it at every hotel so I guess it's a new advertising campaign they have! Weird.

The room was a typical Hampton Inn but smaller than I am used to. There was a coffee machine in the bathroom (see photo) but otherwise, nothing special to note here. The front desk was friendly when I checked in and the breakfast was good.

The only real complaint I have about my stay is that I called down to the front desk to let them know that I ordered food delivery. I asked if the front desk would call me before someone came up and the person I spoke to said that they usually just come right up but she could call me if I would prefer to go downstairs. Being an overcautious female traveler, I asked her to call me and I would come downstairs. I was annoyed when there was a knock on my door from the delivery man. Again, I know I am overcautious but I was surprised that the front desk didn't listen to my request.

Regardless, I would definitely stay here again - it's VERY close to campus and a nice Hampton Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am so happy to hear your experience at the Hampton Inn went well! We work hard to ensure you receive excellent and personalized service, and I will be sure to follow up with our desk about fulfilling your requests--we certainly want you to feel safe and comfortable while in Bloomington! We can't wait to make your next visit even better!
Oakland City, Indiana
Reviewed March 12, 2013

the lobby breakfast area room very clean staff was friendly they provided us milk for our birthday cake even after the kitchen was closed breakfast was very good we stay when we visit our granddaughter going to IU never disappointed with stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your great visit to our hotel! We are beyond happy to help you out with whatever need you may have. We hope to see you again very soon!
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here not too long ago and had a great experience. Booked a room with a whirlpool tub and separate bedroom area and really enjoyed the clean and totally renovated feel of it. Also liked the complementary breakfast in the morning, had lots of different choices and variety unlike some other hotels I've stayed at. Accommodations were very comfortable and the WiFi always cooperated with me. Will definitely come back again once the need comes up.

Room Tip: Liked my suite on the third floor with a whirlpool tub, and separate living and sleeping areas
Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! I am so happy you enjoyed your experience in our newly renovated suites. We hope we have the chance to see you again soon.
Munster, Indiana
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Hampton Inn has comfortable beds, a nice included breakfast, and free Wi-Fi. They also allow pets. The walls are thin an onion skin. We were awakened by a dog barking at 6:15 a.m. the first morning and had to wait for our neighbors to go to bed because their conversation seemed like it was in our room. Other than the wrapped cough drop that I found UNDER our fitted sheet, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfy. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was actually really convenient and filling
We had a good price, but I think next time I'll stay closer to campus

Room Tip: Don't get a room across from the elevator and ice machine.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I'm sorry to hear you had noise issues during your stay. We are working hard to ensure that these issues are kept at a minimum and your needs are met during your time at the Hampton Inn. We hope to show you some of our improvements in the future!
rockville, md
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed there for several nights on a business trip last month. A bit nicer interior and hospitality than the Marriot downtown, and a better rate and breakfast included by default, but too far to walk from the downtown bar/restaurant area. Got a handicapped room and the wall to the next room was paper-thin. I could hear most movements and conversation clearly. Neighbor's TV was a frequent irritant. This was one of those rooms with the connecting doors to the neighboring room, but the sound seemed to come through the wall too. I would stay away from these rooms if you want silence. I didn't ask to be moved and just put up with it, but I assume they would have moved me had I asked. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was large and clean. Pillows were typical undersized pillows of most traveler hotels, but were fresh and not overused.

Room Tip: avoid rooms with connecting doors, and possibly handicapped rooms for less noise.
Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank workandplay8
Ava C, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm happy your overall stay was a good one. I'm glad you enjoyed the Hampton Cloud 9 bed and the cleanliness of our rooms. I apologize for the noise disturbances you experienced during your stay; we would have happily moved you to a quieter area, but I do understand the inconvenience of moving to a new room after you have settled in. Thank you again for the review, we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town for business!
Chicago, IL
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I unexpectedly stayed an extra night in Bloomington and at 6:00 pm, was sitting in my car surfing on my cell phone to see what was available at a reasonable price.
I've stayed many places in B'town but this time, based on its really good rate - $109 - I decided to give Hampton Inn a try.
I wasn't expecting much. Was I surprised!
I arrived no more than 10 minutes after booking the room, and the receptionist had received my res. and gave me a very warm welcome. That set the tone for the stay, which was perfect. What they've done is created a very comfortable, clean, sleek, up-to-date styled hotel. Nothing fancy but very, very well done. Nice comfy beds, great sized desk workspace, very functional bathrooms, microwave and fridge, and some well-thought-out amenities like a lap desk for the bed. A full breakfast as well as round-the-clock beverages in the very sleek lounge area along side check-in. On a snowy day in February, the pool and deck area I could see through the lounge windows made me long for summer and reminded me I needed to come back to Hampton when the weather is inviting.
I will DEFINITELY be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Tyler B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We appreciate your review and glad that you discovered us. We pride ourselves in having a clean and welcoming environment. We look forward to seeing you next time.