“Very Nice, Clean Hampton Inn -- Convenient Location!”

Hampton Inn Bloomington
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Indiana
“Very Nice, Clean Hampton Inn -- Convenient Location!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed overnight at the Hampton Inn Bloomington, while attending a 2-day orientation at Indiana University. The location of the hotel was just about 5 minutes away from campus, which made it very convenient. My room and bathroom were very, very clean, and the bed and pillows were HEAVENLY! I had a VERY good night’s sleep! My room also had a nice 32” LG Flat screen TV, mounted on a swivel stand, making it really easy to see from all angles of the room. The FREE wireless Internet worked great, and was very easy to connect to. The complementary breakfast food selection of: scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, make-your-own waffles, juice, cereal bagels, fruit, etc., were very nice to have available; however, my only complaint is that the eggs were quite crumbly, and even though the eggs and sausage were in warmers, they were a little cold. Wish I could have stayed longer, but if my plans require me to stay overnight in Bloomington in the future, I would definitely enjoy staying at this Hampton Inn again.

Room Tip: Great location if you need to visit Indiana University.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Oceanbreeze22
Tyler B, Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for the review. We are happy you had a great night’s sleep. We have really enjoyed getting to know some of the new students and parents during their first visit to Bloomington for Orientation. We are happy you took advantage our free wireless internet, which has recently been upgraded so you can enjoy even more speed and efficiency while surfing the web. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here on a visit to IU. Nice location, clean room, very nice staff, ok breakfast. Have to agree with another poster, the beds were double's in our room. Thought they were supposed to be queens. Average property, nothing special.

1 Thank jkeenoy
Thank you for the review. We’re happy you enjoyed our convenient location near the Indiana University campus. We really appreciate you choosing us and look forward to hosting you during your next visit to IU.
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Larry, Danielle, Ava and the others go out of their way for the customers and non customers. I drive an airport shuttle bus & the Hampton is my last stop before leaving for the Indianapolis Airport. These people make my passengers, and myself, feel welcome even when we just visit the vending machines or the restroom before leaving town. They sure put a smile on this shuttle bus drivers face...especially when they let me have a fresh baked, still warm cookie! Thanks guys & gals!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. We’re happy to be a pick-up and drop-off point for the Star of America shuttle service. You make it convenient for our guests by providing transportation to and from the airport. Keep up the great work.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed as a large group in this hotel while in town for an event. We were only there for a short stay, so I can't speak for it on a longer term stay.

The room & accommodations were nice, updated and clean.

The biggest issue we had with this hotel was the size of the beds. They were supposed to be full sized beds, but they seemed very narrow. We are a group of female athletes of a variety of sizes and they just seemed really small for everyone who was sharing with someone.

They did have a nice continental breakfast that was included in the price of the stay.

We didn't use the pool or gym facilities, but the seemed nice & clean.

I'd recommend this hotel, but would probably recommend a king sized bed if you are sharing or have larger adults in your party!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a response, I'm glad you were happy with our hotel. I'm sorry our beds didn't meet your needs; if you stay with us again I would suggest booking rooms with a king and a pull-out sofa sleeper. Our sofa sleepers are doubles, which is the same size as the beds in the rooms with two beds; you'd have a little more space with the king. I'm glad everything else with your stay met your expectations, thank you again for taking the time to submit a response!
Lincolnshire, Illinois
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is my go-to place to stay in Bloomington when the Union is booked. Always clean, very nice breakfast included, pleasant staff and just on the edge of town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll return to our property the next time you visit Bloomington.
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Horrible experience. I am a Hilton Gold Member, so spend a lot of time in hotels (more than in my own home, actually). I had a confirmed reservation for a non-smoking room, but when I checked in, the young front desk clerk (college aged, I'd guess) told me I made my reservation for a smoking room and refused to give me the non-smoking room I reserved. The hotel was oversold with families attending freshman orientation at a local university, so all hotels in the area were booked solid. Like many non-smokers, I am sensitive to smoke, so am very careful to book only non-smoking rooms (entire non-smoking properties when possible).

I had a similar experience with the Hilton guest relations line; even after I faxed/emailed my actual reservation with the hotel general manager AND with HIlton's customer relations team, they still insisted that I was incorrect (can you imagine, saying the guest was wrong when that guest has provided the actual reservation)? I still have no resolution, but am escalating with Hilton Corporate.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment during your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all reservations but occasionally cannot meet every room request. I again want to apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you during your stay here. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area again.
Chicago suburbs
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed here most recently for two nights as our daughter went through orientation at IU. This hotel is close to the north side of campus, but that is its main selling point. It is clean and it is basic, but nothing special. There are nicer places to stay, but the ones that are closer to the central part of campus are much more expensive and the ones that are more reasonably priced are located way out on the west side of town. Our room was standard, but the lighting was horrible and we had to unplug some lamps because of the lack of outlets for charging our phones, computers, etc. Fine if you're just looking for a clean bed and a place to shower, but if you're looking for amenities like a fridge or microwave, look somewhere else.