“Good bed, good breakfast, awesome customer service”

Holiday Inn Bloomington
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Usually my job takes me to fancier hotels, but I have to tell you, there are some aspects to this property that can't be found at done of the fancy, overpriced hotels.
Sleep Number you're bed was amazing, I found my number and slept like a baby.
Good workspace, plenty of lighting helped me get my work done.
When I thought I left something behind, the front desk ran to my room, looked around and immediately phoned me beck.
All in all, a terrific stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank lefty713
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

It was so rewarding to read how much you enjoyed your stay at our Holiday Inn in Bloomington, we thank you very much for sharing your experience with others. We were very pleased to see that you had a wonderful night's sleep, and that you found the staff to be very attentive and responsive.

We hope to be your hotel of choice in Bloomington.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Bloomington

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was impressed with my stay here. The room was very clean. The staff was very nice and called an hour after I checked in to make sure all was good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting IU, as is very close.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

We thank you very much for your kind comments and for choosing our Holiday Inn when traveling to Bloomington recently. We work very hard to exceed our guest's expectations, it is rewarding to read when we accomplish this.

We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We used it live in Bloomington. Wonderful place! This hotel has been updated and it looks good. We had a King room which seemed a little small but was very comfortable. The room was very clean, which is most important. The tubs are old and are curved on the bottom and difficult to stand in. The breakfast is typical. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. We asked for a late checkout and it wasn't a problem. Other hotels in the area had doubled the price of their rooms for Thursday because of a special weekend at IU but this hotel didn't. That I liked. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stay on the side facing the parking lot and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments, and for choosing our hotel when you returned to Bloomington for a visit. We thank you for your feedback, and look forward to being your hotel of choice when visiting the Bloomington area.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Room smells like mold, bed linens disgustingly ancient and theadbare. Not sure how they are ADA compliant when you have a set of stairs to go up/down to get to main elevator (no ramp). Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Garden Inn are awesome; this is atrocious especially for almost $300/night.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank KCdocs

It was very disappointing to read your comments after your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had at our hotel, as we strive each and every day to exceed our guest's expectations.
Please contact our GM, Jeremy Brown, if you would be willing to discuss your experience in more detail. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The location is excellent to downtown Bloomington. The staff was above excellent and handled any minor problems with precision. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Bloomington area. Again, staff is 5 star hotel quality

• Stayed: September 2013
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments, and thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn when visiting Bloomington recently.

We hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This property is much nicer than most of the "regular Holiday Inn's" I've stayed at. It is more up to par with the HI Express line.
The property is well kept and everything is up to date. Paint is fresh, carpet is newer, and everything is in good repair.
Hotel is super clean in the common areas and our room met my expectations with just a few areas of dust in the corners. No weird stains or offending smells.
A/C worked well and the sleep number beds are great once you figure out how to work them.
The hotel bar was clean comfortable and friendly.
All the hotel staff that I encountered were courteous and professional.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay at our Holiday Inn in Bloomington. It was very rewarding to read how much you enjoyed the accommodations, in particular the Sleep Number bed, as well as the service that you received.

We hope to be your hotel of choice in the Bloomington area.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

For an older building, the rooms were clean and maintained better than I would have expected. I think the majority of reviews for this hotel, might over-rate it just a bit. But then again, we are extremely picky when it comes to hotels...maybe because we travel so frequently and are a little OCD in our own home :)

Cons: There was some mildew on the ceiling in the bathroom and on the walls. Bathroom is small - one where the door opens and nearly hits the toilet. Secondly, it's almost as if the lobby & rooms are two different buildings - the halls & rooms appear to be the original building & maybe the lobby added on - sort of a weird vibe and you are in the hallways. We also did not lie the Sleep Numbers, loud & you sink in - even on the higher setting? Also, we knew the pool was outdoor but it just isn't ideal - especially in Indiana-an indoor pool/hot tub would see much more use. My last complaint would be that we didn't have enough towels, but do you ever when you stay a hotel? We "Pricelined" the rate at $95 and would not pay more.

Pros: Just as clean and even better maintained than the Courtyard - would stay at this location over the Courtyard in the future which is surprising given normal expectations. I also liked that we rec'd a IHG rewards gift when we checked in. They have Bath & Body works toiletries which is a nice surprise. Nice location downtown.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel while in Bloomington, and for your continued loyalty to the IHG family of brands. We appreciate you sharing your comments with others, and were pleased to read that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as the hotel location.

We hope to continue to be your hotel of choice in the Bloomington area.