$138
  • Breakfast included
$131
$119
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
$89
Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
$117
SpringHill Suites
  • Breakfast included
$131
$117
Century Suites Hotel(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
$113
All reviewssleep numberfront deskdrink ticketsburger theoryhotel restaurantroom was cleanin townbreakfast buffetoutdoor poolstayed for two nightshousekeeping staffwould stay againa great stayvery nice hotelfirst floorcomfort innvisiting iu
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel for numerous iu basketball games it's always been very clean service very good and great location close to many restaurants close to I Indiana University also close to Kirkwood most of the iu people go before the basketball game

• Stayed: January 2013
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, and thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your most recent stay with us.
We were pleased to read that you find the hotel to be clean and comfortable, and that our location suits your needs perfectly when coming to town for a basketball game.

We look forward to your next visit- Go Hoosiers!!!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

It was a nice hotel for the most part. We would stay again if price were no consideration, but there are other hotels in Btown that I would stay first, about 6 of them.

This hotel is geared towards group stays or meetings, more full service, which we didn't need. A breakfast provided is better than a restaurant to us.

The facility was clean, had a pool and a fitness area. Besides wi-fi, they also had a business center (very drafty and noisy, next to both the front door and the bar) - not ideal for working, but browsing, sure.

Our room was clean. The toiletries were great. We did not care for the sleep number bed at all. The second night felt different than the first and then we couldn't find "our" number. The biggest issue was the air coming in under the wall HVAC unit. We had to stuff the decorative pillows under the unit to stop the draft. The staff, especially the bartender, was very friendly.

Room Tip: Upper Floors on east or north side.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you very much for posting your comments after your recent stay with us. I have reviewed your comments about the air conditioner unit with our General Manager, he let me know that he had spoken with your party during your stay, and that the issues with the draft have been fixed. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Should you consider staying with us again, please contact Jeremy Brown (GM) directly, and he will ensure your room is perfect, and assist you with obtaining the best rate possible.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The hotel shows its age, but they've done a great shop in its upkeep. But it's the service there that will earn my return visit. The rooms are spiffy clean. Front desk people are friendly and helpful. Restaurant workers are friendly and service-minded. Breakfast there was good, but not the coffee.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us, as our guest's feedback is very important to us.
We were pleased to ready that you found your room to be clean and comfortable, and that the service you received exceeded your expectations.

We hope to be your hotel of choice in Bloomington .

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed here one night with our small dog. The room was clean and quiet, though we could still hear some noise from the road. Staff was friendly and provided us with free drink cards for the hotel bar. The hotel charged a non-refundable $25 pet fee. It's close to the IU stadium and across the road from a Marsh supermarket and Subway.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dorado_mensa
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us.
We were pleased to read that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable, and the staff to be both friendly and professional, and our pet friendly environment to be just what you needed.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

My mother, my boyfriend and I were visiting Bloomington to attend my son's graduation from I.U. last weekend. Unfortunately, my mother chose this hotel because it is part of the Priority Club she is a part of and she has had wonderful experiences with a hotel in Indianapolis that is associated with that club.

She requested an accessible room because she has some mobility issues. The room we received had 1 king bed and a sofabed, not 2 double beds as she had requested. This was disappointing, but after a 4 hour drive (including a detour due to a horrible accident) we were too tired to argue with the man at the front desk. Upon reflection, he should have checked to see if any accessible rooms with double beds were available when she mentioned that is what she had reserved. She had to ask for her Priority Club bag. When we got to the room she discovered that the complimentary coupons for breakfast were not included in the bag, and she had to call to the front desk to request them.

Our room was a suite. The hotel building is old, and this room was obviously created by cutting a hole in the wall and putting pretty French doors in to separate the space. There are 2 doors into the room (1 into the bedroom and 1 into the hallway leading to the living area). There is a large amount of empty space in the bedroom, where I would suggest they add a table with chairs, so guests have a convenient space to eat, if needed.

My mom reports that the king bed was very comfortable. The sofabed (where my boyfriend and I slept) was the most uncomfortable surface I have ever had the misfortune to sleep on. Considering that I majored in Outdoor Recreation and have done quite a bit of backpacking and camping over the past 25 years, that is saying something. The sofabed had a mattress that was composed entirely of springs. There was no padding on top of those springs. The mattress itself was covered with a very thin mattress pad and a fitted sheet. Upon opening the sofabed (after my mom was asleep in the king bed), we discovered 2 dirty pool towels had been shoved in when it was last closed. This is disgusting and completely unacceptable for any hotel, but for an expensive hotel it is beyond unacceptable. Also, the curtains in the living room portion of the suite did not close, so the lights of the pool were shining in on us as we slept. There are sheer white curtains that close, but do nothing to keep out the light.

In addition, the bathroom had a tub with a seat, not an accessible shower, which mom expected it to have. Also, there was a sliding door to the bathroom and a raised marble entrance that is not convenient for people with mobility issues. The door had a strange latch that had to be moved (loudly) up and down to lock/unlock the bathroom. Also, the door did nothing to block sound, so we all spent our time there aware of each other's bathroom activities.

The pros of this hotel:
The staff was pleasant, and the breakfast was very good and provided something for each of us (including the picky vegetarian!)

To be fair, they did remove $60 from my mom's bill when she complained the next morning, but that is small consolation for creating a negative memory on such a joyous weekend.

Room Tip: The suites are disappointing, and do not provide curtains that block light from living area.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank onhae

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay in Bloomington to attend your son's graduation. I am sincerely sorry that there were issues during your stay, I have spoken with our General Manager, and he let me know that he spoke with you during your visit, and then contacted you once you were back home. Please accept my deepest apologies, as our goal is to exceed our guest's expectations each and every time, we certainly did not achieve this.