“Couldn't Be Happier!”

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Carmel, Indiana, United States
“Couldn't Be Happier!”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The property was very clean and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms aren't huge, but very nicely decorated (modern even) and equipped. I checked-in early in the morning and the front desk employee was friendly and seemed happy to be doing the late night shift!

I was traveling from the north and was pleased by the location and accessibility to the highway that got me in and out of town. There were a good number of near by restaurants (fast food or sit down) and other conveniences like pharmacies and gas stations.

My overall stay was pleasant and comfortable!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us. We were very pleased to read that you found our location to be perfectly suited to your needs, and that you received the excellent customer service we are very proud of.

We hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit Bloomington.

Owner/Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed October 4, 2011

we came to bloomington to publish a book with westbo publishing we needed to stay an extra week and were very pleased by the excellent rate Jeremy offered us. we felt comfortable and welcome from the start and the staff here made our otherwise hectic stay easy and comfortable.

Room Tip: our room was great and quiet
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Congratulations on the upcoming publication of your book!!! It was our pleasure to offer the best rate available for your extended visit with us, We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I recently spent eight days here on a business trip, which also included the use of one of the meeting rooms for work use. I could not have been more pleased, both on a professional AND a personal level!!!

I want to give kudos to all of the staff that I encountered, but I absolutely MUST give the highest gratitude and appreciation to Dan, the banquet manager!!! From the first second, he made himself completely available to my counterparts and me at every turn!!! He wasted no effort in providing lovely, ambient and DELICIOUS dining experiences for us (and, from what I witnessed--for all of the other clientele as well)!!! He was friendly, creative, proactive, considerate and possibly the greatest person I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with in matters such as these!!! He was also equally as wonderful on a personal level as well.

There were several excellent front-desk personnel, as well--each of them extending friendly, knowledgeble and courteous customer service at every turn!!!! Two particularly stuck out--Josh and the over-night attendant (regretfully, I did not get his name). These two were always friendly and cheerful and seemed very capable of their jobs, too!!!

Jeremy, the manager, I believe, was also above-and-beyond what I deem good customer service!!! He took the time to actually get feedback from us!!! He catered to any requests we had and was always professional and cheerful at all times. He also seemed to genuinely care about his employees.

The bartenders I met were Desiree--a lovely, hard-working, and VERY sweet lady that spared no effort in my comfort and, another named Tom who was so helpful and friendly and also professional.

I particularly enjoyed dinner here--chicken marsala with steamed broccoli was something I will crave from now on--I am actually saying that I CRAVE the broccoli!!!!!! I must be crazy!!!

The rooms were very nice, the personal accoutrements are wonderful--face towlettes AND Bath & Body Works!!!! The pillows were so comfortable, the shower was incredible...I felt pampered from the get-go!!! Thank you to Theresa for the coffee, too!!! She was just delightful!

I loved my stay!!! I truly did and will recommend this hotel to everyone!!!

Thank you for the wonderful experience!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms that my coworkers had were just wonderful!!! The suite was nice, as well (I made f...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us. We take great pride in our hotel and the level of service that we provide, but it is wonderful to have this confirmed through guest comments such as yours. Your posting was shared with the entire staff, those you specifically mentioned appreciated it very much.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel when visiting for an interview in the area. The hotel staff was very friendly and welcomed us with a smile each time we came through the door. Our room was pleasant and comfortable. The hotel was quite. Also, very convenient to the main road through town and the local highway. Would definitely recommend this hotel to those coming through the area. Had I been in town on more personal business, I may have stayed somewhere closer to the town square, but otherwise perfect choice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
We appreciate you posting your comments after your recent stay at our hotel, and we were happy to see that you found the staff to be helpful and friendly and that you enjoyed your accommodations.
We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the Bloomington area.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Just checked in. I'd reserved a room with a fridge. Reception says there's one in the room. Went to room. No fridge. Called desk. "It's too late to get you a fridge tonight" (8:30pm). Great. So I'll use ice. Ice machine out of order. ... King size bed had tiny single pillows. Had to send down for pillows. ... East elevator is hot and stinks of machine oil. It makes thumping noises when it stops. The fan in the elevator is off. ... The water in the bathroom is only tepid. Shower will not get hot. Called desk. There's nothing to be done tonight. ... The letter in the desk from Jeremy Brown, the general manager, says post your experience on TripAdvisor, so I did.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Thomas K
Hollywood, Maryland
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I was sent to Indiana on a last minute Business Trip. Trying desperately to get a hotel room. I called the Holiday Inn, Bloomington and spoke to Pamela where she explained to me the rooms they had available, a one day stay, then check-out and then check-back in a day later for the rest of my stay. I made my reservation, realizing that I would most likely have to stay in Indy for one night. Two days later Pamela called, there was a room available for my missing day, and she reserved it for me. Pamela has shown me (a stranger) the Southern Indiana Hospitality. I believe, it is the Best Hospitality in the country. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Gayle A
marilyn1714, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you very much for posting your comments after your recent stay at our Holiday Inn, Bloomington. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that Pamela was able to assist you with your reservations, making the one day stay in Indianapolis unnecessary.

We hope to see you again soon.

Peru, IN
Reviewed August 26, 2011

i couldnt shut my drapes and the hot tub was shut down to be drained and refilled but other then that the service was wonderfull the rooms were comfortable and the people friendly

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple