My wife and I took our three kids (12, 18, and 21) to the FourWinds Resort based upon their staycation promotional offer of three nights for $199 total for a garden view room and $99 additional for a lake view room. We got two rooms: one Lakeview and one Garden View. Please note that garden view is actually parking lot view. Our total cost for two rooms for three nights was less than $600 (excluding food, drinks and lake activities)
Pros: cost (staycation Sunday through Thursday), location, beauty of the lake and surroundings, Lake View room, friendliness and courtesy of staff in the hotel and Marina/boat rental, casual food in Windjammer restaurant, golf at Eagle Pointe ($25 includes cart), accessibility, and proximity to more restaurants and things to do in Bloomington Indiana. Overall it was a great getaway.
Cons: one specific housekeeper was very rude (she obviously dislikes her job), lack of cleanliness in common areas including fitness room and pool, windows and cleanliness near NON-main entrances were severely lacking and outside of lake-related activities there was little to do at the hotel.
I attended nearby Indiana University 30 years ago when this resort was in its heyday. It slowly declined over the years and is now experiencing a resurgence due to recent remodeling and upgrading and the promotion of the hotel through its staycation promotion. It is really a hidden little gem. My hope is that they will expand the activities to attract families, offer more dining options, and maybe higher someone dedicated to creating and promoting fun, family events each day and night to expand things to do at the resort. The beauty of the lake is tremendous and the staff at the marina could not be more friendly.
I would definitely recommend that FourWinds pay very close daily attention to cleanliness as I see that being an issue if they don't. Likewise, I would caution staff to remain friendly at all times.
We look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina, located on beautiful Lake Monroe, in the Fairfax State Recreation Area, Bloomington, Indana, offers a year-round, lakeside get-away, for families, business travelers, groups, and visitors to Southern Indiana. Just 15 minutes from the Bloomington business district and Indiana University, Fourwinds is a wonderful alternative, to a more "traditional" hotel experience. Breathtaking lake views from most rooms, with walk-out patios and balconies, in a relaxed setting. The Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina will be your favorite "Staycation Destination". Boat Rentals, transient slips, Corporate Meeting space, Wedding Venues, an indoor/outdoor heated pool, mini-golf and hiking trails are just a few of the amenities that await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fourwinds Resort And Marina Hotel Bloomington
- Fourwinds Hotel Bloomington
- Fourwinds Hotel And Marina