Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
Courtyard Bloomington(Bloomington)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfour windswind jammerview of the lakewindjammer barpontoon boattradewinds restaurantfront deskgreat resortbar and grilllong weekendgreat weekendfamily reunionspecial thanksbreakfast buffetthe entire staffhousekeeping staffindiana university
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very Nice since they have remodeled and improved the hotel over all and the grounds. Pool area is wonderful, you can swim inside or outside. Also located close to the fitness and resturant areas. Front desk staff was VERY Helpful! Beds were very comfortable and soft, we had a room facing the lake, it was amazing could just walk out our room from our patio and go for a walk, or to the beach or boat dock. My Daughter ran every morning, and the park scenory and feeling safe running added to her restful week. The only concern I would have is how dark the hallways are, not very much lite either day or night, this was a concern I had when staying here before the remodeling and was hoping they would of improved on this, but they have not.
I would recomend thsi site for a family get away of any type.

Room Tip: The rooms facing Monroe lake are the best,,,,can just walk out to lake or boat ramps.Stay on the lower end toward the North, farther away from the noise and closer to the beach area to swim.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Doug T, Guest Relations Manager at Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review.
We very much appreciate the kind words.
The lighting in our hallways can be brighter and we will be looking at doing this in our off season, thank you for the comment on that.
Safe travels to you and your family, we look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

At first, we were skeptical about staying so far from Bloomington as we planned to attend an evening IU football game. But, we decided to go ahead since the room rates were reasonable and the recent reviews on TripAdvisor were favorable for Four Winds Resort. We reserved two rooms via the Four Winds website three weeks prior to our visit. The system worked well and we received a confirmation email for each of the rooms. When we arrived that evening, we discovered that there is a fee to enter the lake area where the resort is located. We didn’t see this noted on the website or on the confirmation email. We were told that if the receipt is presented to the resort front desk, the fee would be deducted from the room charge. First of all, I’m not sure what the point was. Couldn’t there be a system whereby registered guests don’t have to pay? Second of all, we discovered that there was a time limit to turn this receipt in for the refund. If you wait until the next morning, they will not refund it. We arrived late, and encountered problems at check in so we missed out on that reimbursement. Again, not sure why there’s a difference between turning it in at 11:00 at night vs. 11:00 am the next morning! Now on to our check-in dilemma: When we arrived to the resort after the game, we were told that they only had one room reserved for us. After we provided the confirmation number, the desk clerk found our other reservation but said it was cancelled! She insisted we must have cancelled it. A few days earlier, we had called the hotel to determine if we could check in early (prior to the game) but never CANCELLED a room. The clerk said that they were very full for the night but was able to find one room remaining. Despite the fact it was an upgrade from what we reserved, they honored the price of the reserved one. While the room was clean and for the most part updated, we discovered that there was a pungent moldy odor in the room. Our other reserved room did not have the same smell and was more spacious and with similar cleanliness and décor. We informed the desk clerk of the odor and her reply was, “thank you for telling us, I’ll let the cleaning staff know in the morning.” Of course, that was of no benefit to us that night! The area was quiet overnight but the air conditioner was loud which disrupted my sleep when it kicked on. My husband’s sleep was disturbed when he repeatedly heard a chirping cricket, only to discover that insect was inside the room, not just a noise from outside. The next morning, we ate at Tradewinds for their buffet breakfast. The price was reasonable but frankly the food array was comparable to the free breakfast provided at a Springhill Suites or similar hotel. The restaurant seemed short-handed on staff. Service was slow and the servers appeared apathetic.
We go to IU football games regularly but I must stay, we will not be staying at Four Winds Resort in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank geebop

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review after your recent stay with us.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience you had at our hotel, it is obvious we did not provide the kind of service our guests have come to expect at our property.
Should you be willing to give us another chance, please contact our General Manager Tony Suttile, he will personally take care of your arrangements and I promise your experience will be a great one. The disappointing problems you had are associated with young employee's that did not follow our correct procedures and these will be addressed. Again we apologize.
Thank you and safe travels to you and your family.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Came here for 2 year anniversary. Loved the view and being on the lake. 1st night ate at Wind Jammers food was okay and service was good. 2nd night we sat for 15 minutes before asking the guy cleaning tables if we could get some menus. Our server Theresa finally came to take our order 30 minutes into our wait. She had walked by us several times seeing we had no menus. She was cleaning tables instead. Food was really good this night, service was horrible! Hotel could have been cleaner. Cricket in the room. No free breakfast. It cost $7.95 for breakfast which was the same as regular hotel breakfasts. Ice bucket in the room but no ice machine. Pool was beautiful aside from the green stuff on the rocks. Horrible tv quality, no channel guide. Front desk young girl Sara was the sweetest employee we came into contact with.

• Stayed: September 2013
Doug T, Guest Relations Manager at Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your review it will be used at our weekly meetings to improve our service.
I am very sorry we did not meet all your expectations. I can assure you we will do what is necessary to correct the problems you identified.
Thank you again for letting us know where we failed. I would ask for you to please let us know while you are at our establishment, I am confident our management would have made you happier.
Safe travels to you and your family and happy anniversary.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had not been to the Fourwinds resort in years. Hearing that the restaurant was opening we had dinner there last night with our daughter and son-in-law. We found a relaxing atmosphere, good service and excellent food. I did not expect to find crab cakes as an appetizer and to be full of real crab not imitation. My husband ordered the NY strip steak that was cooked as ordered. However, he was not served a steak knife which didn't matter as he was able to cut this steak with the standard dinner knife. The steak was tender and flavorful. I had the mixed vegetables with my Mahi Mahi which I could have eaten as an entree. Dessert was key lime pie...yum. Only negative comment is their salad dressings need to be improved, but then again it is only a salad. The main entrees are the key to any dinner. As we eat out often the Trade Winds Restaurant will become one of our regular visits.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mammyal
Doug T, Guest Relations Manager at Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking time to write a great review of our newly renovated TradeWinds restaurant.
I and our entire staff appreciate the kind words. The salad dressing that was not up to par is going to be checked out and improved. Thank you for telling us, we really need to know if there is any problem at all. When we are informed we can fix them. Again, thank you.
We look forward to earning your business again.
Safe travels to you and your family

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were invited to the opening on Thursday 9/5/2013 and I strongly recommend giving this restaurant a try. We were greeted by "Kayla" who was very professional and checked on all aspects of our dining experience. The server was very courteous and did a great job. I had my doubts about the menu and food but all my worries were put to rest once the bacon wrapped scallops arrived. My entree was a Filet that was a good cut and cooked perfect. The sides were great and portions good. I finished with a chocolate lava caked which completed the perfect dinner. Thanks Kayla for a great experience and for bringing professionalism back to the Fourwinds Resort! JohnG

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you....Thank you. Yes the newly renovated TradeWinds overlooking beautiful lake Monroe is back.
We are so glad you had a great experience and we really appreciate you taking time to share this with us.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Safe travels to you and your family.