A companion and I spent two nights at the Fourwinds right at the end of our visit to the USA.
The rate offered was very appealing as was the location (peaceful and quiet) after a fairly hectic road trip.
I agree with earlier correspondents that the ambience of the lake view rooms is excellent, especially at sunrise and sunset.
The bed was comfortable but the bedding appeared tired and was ill fitting. We felt that the bed had been made in a very slap dash manner for our second night.
The decor of the establishment seems very dated. Dark wood and colours; something right out of the 1970s. Parts looked like they needed a good paint; e..g. a seat near one of the entrances.
And, the early morning sunlight showed up the dust on much of the furniture in the lobby. I was tempted to write my name in the dust on a table in the lobby but thought that would be tacky!
The staff were helpful but not effusive. I asked if it would be possible to check my flight time but was told there was no computer available for guests and staff were not allowed to use the internet.
I was able to find the information on my SmartPhone that connected to the good quality wifi in the hotel.
It was an extremely quiet period when I stayed with what appeared to be few guests.
The rate was good and the stay was enjoyable but prospective guests should be prepared for very dark 1970s style decor and a rather tired look in the public areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina, located on beautiful Lake Monroe, in the Fairfax State Recreation Area, Bloomington, Indana, offers a year-round, lakeside get-away, for families, business travelers, groups, and visitors to Southern Indiana. Just 15 minutes from the Bloomington business district and Indiana University, Fourwinds is a wonderful alternative, to a more "traditional" hotel experience. Breathtaking lake views from most rooms, with walk-out patios and balconies, in a relaxed setting. The Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina will be your favorite "Staycation Destination". Boat Rentals, transient slips, Corporate Meeting space, Wedding Venues, an indoor/outdoor heated pool, mini-golf and hiking trails are just a few of the amenities that await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fourwinds Resort And Marina Hotel Bloomington
- Fourwinds Hotel Bloomington
- Fourwinds Hotel And Marina