“Worst place in town”

Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
iowa
“Worst place in town”
Reviewed June 1, 2009

We visit B-town often being alums and having children in college there. Made the mistake once to visit without advance reservations. Found a room here for $200. Seriously thought about sleeping in my car instead.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
St. Louis
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Attended a basketball tournament, was originally booked at a hotel down the street which was absolutely filthy, had to find another hotel in a hurry. Jon wasn't the friendliest but he did try. The room was very reasonably priced. The hotel lobby was clean, which set the standard for the room. I was pleasantly surprised to find the room to be very inviting, lining was fresh and the bathroom was clean. Very nice stay for the $$$.

• Stayed May 2009
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed March 2, 2008

My husband and I were in Bloomington to attend the IU Opera so only needed a room for one night. We found the hotel to be clean and convenient. There is a Denny's just next door though the hotel offers a continental breakfast. We did not take advantage of the breakfast, as we ate at a local restaurant.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Italophile
Bloomfield, NJ
Reviewed January 23, 2008

I needed a cheap lodging for a one-night stay. Overall, everything worked properly and my room was actually too hot for me when I walked in (but much preferred to the alternative). One of the bath towels had some yellow spots and there were a lot of random hairs on the shower guard, but it really wasn't a big deal. The afternoon desk clerk was very helpful and went out of his way to give me directions. The hotel is conveniently located about 5 minutes walking distance from the Hampton Inn, and subsequently, one stop on the Bloomington Airport Shuttle. It's relatively clean and a good deal if cost is an issue.

• Liked — Location to Airport Bus Shuttle and Price
  • Disliked — Some Cleanliness Concerns
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
Reviewed January 22, 2008

The room was a good value for the money but I have never seen a more clueless staff. One clerk was not only clueless but rude (but to be fair, he was only rude when I could get him out of the back office by making a substantial noise).

Stayed January 2008
New York
Reviewed May 5, 2007

Boy did this motel ever do me wrong! After telling me that I could extend my reservation a day, I received a call at 1:30 the next afternoon saying that a mistake had been made and I had to clear out of the room immediately. And they weren't nice about it either--not a single "Please," "thank you," or "I'm sorry" in the whole process. So... an hour before one of the biggest meetings of my life, in a town where every room was booked, and in the midst of a pouring rain storm, there I was without a place to stay and my blood boiling.

They acted as if it were MY fault they had mismanaged their reservations. So Days Inn Bloomington, here's your "zero star" rating for your super-unfriendly, incompetent service.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Bloomington hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 7, 2004

I had to make a sudden trip to Bloomington and hotel choices were limited. I chose this place because I wanted to bring some perishable items (I was on a strict diet at the time) and their web site said there were in-room refrigerators and microwaves. Unfortunately, when I got to my room, neither was there. The management told me they kept getting stolen. However, they were apologetic and offered to store some items in their office refrigerator. Otherwise, the room was basically acceptable--it was neat and clean, the bathroom was suitable, and the hot water and shower ran fine. I slept fine on the bed and didn't hear my neighbors at all. Perhaps my only real complaint was that the room was a little drafty because the door did not have weather sealing around it. Had it been winter, it might have been a problem. Anyway, in a pinch and for the price, it was a suitable stay.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member