“Dirty, but livable”

Days Inn Bloomington
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Normal, Illinois
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I had to travel to bloomington indiana for a family emergency. While trying to sleep at night someone unlocked the door to our room. At 3:00 am a guest was checked into the very room my husband and I were sleeping in. As you can imagine, we were humiliated, embarrassed, shocked, and in horror as someone opened our door and saw us laying half naked in the middle of the night. We called immediately to complain, and all we got was an apology. The next day we made a complaint to someone else on staff who said they couldn't help us because we made our reservations online on a site like this. We contacted the online service we got out reservation through, and they told us that it was likely we would have the room refunded for such an awful experience. The Days Inn management thought it was worth a $20 refund for the experience. Apparently they have very low standards for safety. Beware of this hotel if you are uncomfortable with strangers unlocking your door in the middle of the night. A $20 refund to me, reads as this must be something they don't find to be a big deal. After we told the cashier about our problems, the next person came in and complained too. I guess we weren't the only ones who had problems there that night.

Room Tip: Do not get a reservation here if you are concerned about strangers getting keys to your room. Also...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I came in during Homecoming weekend with plans to meet friends early on Saturday and be out the entire day. I was interested checking in early if possible to avoid it later on. The front desk manager walked down, checked it out and said the room was ready and let me check in early so I wouldn't have to do it later that night. It's the little service details that win me over and will move this location to the top of my list when I return for a visit again.

Overall, the room was very clean and the bed / pillows were very comfortable. Additionally, the room was stocked with a fridge, coffee maker and hair dryer. I was told the room had free wi-fi, but I didn't bring a computer.

I would recommend this motel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

lgp56, Director of Sales at Days Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that your stay with us was pleasant and productive. Our staff is happy to try and assist our guests with early check in s much as possible. We are glad you enjoyed our in room amenities as I know the days have gotten quite chilly. We hope that you will choose the Days Inn for any future visits in to the Bloomington area.

Jon Abrahams
Chicago
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This motel is a renovated old motor lodge, with entrances on the outside of the building. It's mostly no-frills. However, after being stuck with no room due to a mix up with another motel, we took a room here. The management was friendly, the rooms were adequate and super clean, the breakfast setup was nice, and the entire place was organized and clean. It's a 3-star Inn with 4-star service and cleanliness. Stay here to save a buck or to guarantee yourself a clean room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for noticing that our establishment was indeed once a motor lodge. We have worked hard in the last ten years to improve on that image. We are glad that you had a good stay and enjoyed your time with us. I was glad that we could assist you with your stay in Bloomington. We hope that if your return to Bloomington in the future, you will choose to stay with the Days Inn again.

Jon Abrahams
Franklin
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were able to negotiate our nightly rate which was nice, however, the room I feel was still not worth the amount we were dropped down too. The bathroom is in very bad shape. the stopper comes out and is broke, the tile is broken and poorly fixed in the wall and the bolts on the toilet broke on my spouse. The bathroom ruined it. The bed was great, it was very nice. I was wondering how clean the tub was and I hope I do not catch anything from using it. The front desk employees were very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Travelers are raving about these Bloomington hotels